Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alexa - Find my phone

• 07-02-2021 9:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭

Are there any find my phone alexa apps that work in Ireland? All the ones I've seen only work where there is free calling. The mother has me driven mad, asking to ring her phone 10 times a day to find it. Any recommendations?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭vanti

not quite what you're looking for - but I had similar issue - bought a tile pro on prime day and stuck it on the keys. double tap the button on tile to ring the phone. Obviously can find keys too once within range (around 400 feet for pro). Batteries are replaceable too on the pro. would recommend it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Peck3277 wrote: »
    Are there any find my phone alexa apps that work in Ireland? All the ones I've seen only work where there is free calling. The mother has me driven mad, asking to ring her phone 10 times a day to find it. Any recommendations?

You don't need any skills to do this. Alexa should do this directly built in now once the mobile number is setup correctly in the Alexa app.

Open the Alexa app on her phone, and check the mobile number on the my communication settings via the communicate tab.

Once that is setup correctly, you can say to Alexa, find my phone / call my phone and the app will ring.

Advertisement