Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OnePlus 9/pro

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

March/April release date from what I am reading. Keeping an eye on this phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Will probably go for this myself.
    Anyone want to use my referral code for and I'll use theirs.

https://www.oneplus.com/ie/invite#I2S6LNSTV6MFTCF

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

I'm guessing the op9 pro price will be €999 or possibly even north of that

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭EletricMan

This is launching now, doesn't seem to be much interest here compared to previous launches. Still using my 6t and still going strong so won't be upgrading any time soon I think.

I've heard the 9t pro will be €899 whether it's true or not.
    And I'd assume if so that's the 8gb ram one not the 12gb ram/256 GB storage one.
    Not sure whether I'll spend that much or not.
    We'll see.
    I want to buy new phone anyway so if someone has a referral code I'll use it.

Pre-order is 3:30pm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,313 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

The watch looks great value at €159.

TitianGerm wrote: »

Ah stop, that's all I need, another bit of bling jingled in front of me on top of buying a phone :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,254 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Keeping an eye on this.

My OnePlus 6 is still going strong almost like the day I got it. Battery is the only thing to have regressed but that's expected.

Having said all of that, Cheltenham was very good to me so i'm considering an upgrade......... if the price isn't mad!

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Keeping an eye on this.

My OnePlus 6 is still going strong almost like the day I got it. Battery is the only thing to have regressed but that's expected.

Having said all of that, Cheltenham was very good to me so i'm considering an upgrade......... if the price isn't mad!

They announced the price.

OP9 starts at €719 and get a free pair of Buds Z
    OP9 Pro starts at €919 and get a free Wireless Charger or One Plus Buds.

Edit: watch on sale 01/04/2021 for €159.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,797 ✭✭✭lertsnim

It does. Might be the right replacement for my Fitbit 2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,245 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

I have the 7T. Still immaculate and working just fine. Not seeing any real motivation to buy one of the discounted 8 series phones beyond 5G. Am I missing anything amazing other than peeling the sticker off a new device?! :o

Just pre-ordered the pine green pro 12g ram/256 g storage and free wireless charger.

€1019; €100 deposit.
    F*ck it, may as well be hung for a sheep as a lamb.

So the watch has no 3rd party app support nor NFC for payments. It's really just a fitness band in the shape of a watch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,699 ✭✭✭54and56

I have the 7T. Still immaculate and working just fine. Not seeing any real motivation to buy one of the discounted 8 series phones beyond 5G. Am I missing anything amazing other than peeling the sticker off a new device?! :o

Similar, have the 7T Pro.

Wireless charging, 5G and a lighter phone to hold would be good.

Not sure it's worth the upgrade cost though as the 7T Pro is still flying along like the day I got it.

• Registered Users Posts: 993 ✭✭✭bigslick

Have the 6T and wanted to upgrade to the 9 as dont like curved screen, but the lack of wireless charging is a pretty big let down. Might just hold out another 6 months for the 9T and hope that has it.

Also the fact that the camera doesnt seem to be amazingly trailblazing (as per MKBHD review) and thats what they have tried to sell this phone on the most is disappointing.

bigslick wrote: »
    Have the 6T and wanted to upgrade to the 9 as dont like curved screen, but the lack of wireless charging is a pretty big let down. Might just hold out another 6 months for the 9T and hope that has it.

Also the fact that the camera doesnt seem to be amazingly trailblazing (as per MKBHD review) and thats what they have tried to sell this phone on the most is disappointing.

The 9 does have fast charge but only 15W?

Both models have wireless charging, just different speeds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,317 ✭✭✭NATLOR

It does have wireless charging

• Registered Users Posts: 993 ✭✭✭bigslick

The 9 does have fast charge but only 15W?
    Both models have wireless charging, just different speeds.
    NATLOR wrote: »
    It does have wireless charging

This is what I get for dropping in and out of the launch announcement during work day :D:D:p Thanks for clearing this up, but also no thanks for putting me back into indecisiveness now ha :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

The OnePlus 9 seems like a much better deal and it's what I would go for but looks like it won't be shipping until end of April.

- Curved screen is a negative for me, I'm well and truly over them now. From reading/watching reviews seems like a lot of reviewers agree.
    - Better main camera sensor on the pro doesn't bother me. I'm not that into photography, as long as I can take out my phone and snap a decent quality pic when I need to.
    - 50w wireless charging seems like little practical use over 15w. Also the free 50w wireless charger included 9 pro pre-orders doesn't include a charging brick.

Overall both 9 and 9 pro are actually rather bland but it's hard to have unique selling points these days when mobile tech is generally plateauing. The Hasselbad branding seems to offer little other than bragging rights, might be better in the coming years if they get more involved in the design process.

• Advertisement

They haven't changed the price from last year but then again, not a whole lot has changed apart from the usual incremental changes between the 8 pro and 9 pro that would tempt me to upgrade.
    After a year my 8 pro still feels, looks and acts like new. Thats another good thing about the OnePlus phones, they are designed to last. Maybe there will be some technological leap soon that will bring something new and exciting to the mobile industry.

Watched a few of the reviews of the 9 Pro.

Sad to say I think OnePlus has flown too close to the sun and is charging full flagship pricing without delivering full flagship specs so will lose me as a customer and I've been with them from the OnoPlus One.

IMHO OnePlus are no longer a flagship killer.

The fast wireless charging is the only thing about the 9 Pro which captures my attention but at €919 for the 8GB / 128GB model I won't be investing, especially as I already have a 12GB / 256GB 7T Pro. I'd rather splurge extra on the Samsung S21 Ultra or more likely the next flagship model Samsung launch which will hopefully have faster wireless charging.

Despite the Hasselblad collaboration I think the 9 Pro is still way behind the S21 in terms of camera and video performance, particularly telephoto capability.

Oxygen OS is probably the only thing which I feel is right up there as best in class but I'm betting if I do swap over to Samsung the old bloat I used to experience with Samsung skinned Android before switching to OnePlus when the OnePlus One was launched will be long gone.

Bye bye OnePlus, you were a disruptive upstart who gut punched the establishment but now you've evolved into one of the establishment whilst pretending you're not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,026 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

54and56 wrote: »
    Watched a few of the reviews of the 9 Pro.

Sad to say I think OnePlus has flown too close to the sun and is charging full flagship pricing without delivering full flagship specs so will lose me as a customer and I've been with them from the OnoPlus One.

IMHO OnePlus are no longer a flagship killer.

The fast wireless charging is the only thing about the 9 Pro which captures my attention but at €919 for the 8GB / 128GB model I won't be investing, especially as I already have a 12GB / 256GB 7T Pro. I'd rather splurge extra on the Samsung S21 Ultra or more likely the next flagship model Samsung launch which will hopefully have faster wireless charging.

Despite the Hasselblad collaboration I think the 9 Pro is still way behind the S21 in terms of camera and video performance, particularly telephoto capability.

Oxygen OS is probably the only thing which I feel is right up there as best in class but I'm betting if I do swap over to Samsung the old bloat I used to experience with Samsung skinned Android before switching to OnePlus when the OnePlus One was launched will be long gone.

Bye bye OnePlus, you were a disruptive upstart who gut punched the establishment but now you've evolved into one of the establishment whilst pretending you're not.

I've a Samsung phone for work and 7T Pro as my personal phone.

Can't stand the software on the Samsung, it keeps asking me to register for apps I never use and can't uninstall. But the most annoying thing is the Bixbie button, I don't use Bixbie but you can't change it to another function only disable it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭scout353

With the prices for the 8 and Nords dropping today maybe they're a better option.

Using a 5T from day 1 and still flying but would like Android 11 and was hoping for something better. Like a good camera and gave the 5 to herself and I believe it's camera is far superior to mine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭bassy

any of you guys sellling your oneplus to buy the 9pro,drop me a pm.

Del2005 wrote: »
    I've a Samsung phone for work and 7T Pro as my personal phone.

Can't stand the software on the Samsung, it keeps asking me to register for apps I never use and can't uninstall. But the most annoying thing is the Bixbie button, I don't use Bixbie but you can't change it to another function only disable it.

Mmmm, maybe it's not as bloat free as I'd expected.

Perhaps I've just become spoilt with Oxygen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,156 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

I have a 7 Pro and no interest in upgrading right now, might be interested in the 10 next year. If price is what's putting you off these new phones then wait a few months, I've always seen new OnePlus phones on Amazon with a healthy discount in the summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,973 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

I have a 7 Pro and no interest in upgrading right now, might be interested in the 10 next year. If price is what's putting you off these new phones then wait a few months, I've always seen new OnePlus phones on Amazon with a healthy discount in the summer.

Same here. My Oneplus 7is stellar and absolutely love it no need to change even though I love tech :)

I've an 8Pro, definitely not going to upgrade to the 9 because my 8Pro is absolutely fine, but will be sticking with OnePlus for my next phone whenever that is. If the 9 releasing drops the price of any of the older models, and you're on the fence, I'd say go for it. Really good phones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 695 ✭✭✭talkabout

I have the 6T and its time for a change but I'm not willing to pay for the 9. I see the 8 and 8T for about 420/570 on amazon. Is the 8T really worth the extra 150? Any advice?

Advertisement