Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

OnePlus 9/pro

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 695 ✭✭✭talkabout

JamBur wrote: »
    I preordered OP9 Pro 8gb ram version last week. Upgrading from a OP6. Ive been with OP since the OP2, this was the first time I considered other options. My buying pattern is every second model, this is more by coincidence then design, as my work environment means Im hard on phones.

The OP6 has been a great phone, and its still working well. However the back has severe cracking, but more importantly, Im hoping the OP9 will solve my android auto disconnects.

Looking forward to getting the phone. Seemingly European orders start shipping tomorrow.

Just upgraded from Oneplus 6T to Oneplus 8 as I got a great price and give my sister the 6T. The back was cracked but I sent it off to oneplus and got it replaced for 22 euro, also had the battery done for 8 euro and labour was 18....its now as good as new. Might be worth sending it off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,504 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Says mine will be delivered tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Addie105

blade1 wrote: »

Hi there, sorry to jump in! I pre ordered a Oneplus 9 Pro Pine Green, It's saying it will be delivered tomorrow too! Can I ask who's your courier? DHL are saying my phone has been handed to a third party courier, they don't have a record which company 🙄 Oneplus know nothing about it either!

Addie105 wrote: »
    Hi there, sorry to jump in! I pre ordered a Oneplus 9 Pro Pine Green, It's saying it will be delivered tomorrow too! Can I ask who's your courier? DHL are saying my phone has been handed to a third party courier, they don't have a record which company �� Oneplus know nothing about it either!

That's was my attempt at an April fools .
    Not heard anything since ordering.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 874 ✭✭✭JamBur

#

I was running to check my email, you basturdo,,,,lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 291 ✭✭01902

Mine has been dispatched this evening on DHL Express so there is still hope for tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Addie105

Awh ok lol
    I'm afraid my sense of humor upped and grew legs..... just like my new phone....
    Keep us posted on any progress :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 851 ✭✭✭vintagecosmos

what cases are people going for? I like the idea of the sandstone, but the carbon fibre might offer more protection.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

Got my 256gb pro version from one plus yesterday. Coming from a one plus 6 so should be a solid upgrade. Went for the free wireless charger. Slightly annoyed the wireless charger doesn't come with a plug just charger and cable. It's also quite load when charging on it.

Issue wise so far I seemed to have a weird issue when on WiFi yesterday when it just stopped working and had to disconnect reconnect. That seems fine today.

Also had to do some forum searching and enter a phone code to activate 5g on my carrier in the UK it was not available by default. Battery life didn't seem amazing on the first day but I'm sure I had above average use. Will see how it goes over the next few days.

Otherwise it's another one plus phone in a carbon case for me so doesn't feel much different!

• Advertisement

what cases are people going for? I like the idea of the sandstone, but the carbon fibre might offer more protection.
    Did you see the special edition droid one?

Did you see the special edition droid one?

I did. its kind of cool, but perhaps I am not brave enough to pull it out in a business meeting :)

I did. its kind of cool, but perhaps I am not brave enough to pull it out in a business meeting :)

Do it!
    Show them u ain't taking sh*t from no one! :pac:

Has OnePlus customer's details been compromised again I wonder????
    Received what I assume is fake email claiming to be from DHL saying my package is stopped at customs and I need to pay to release it.
    Never had one of them before and surely too much of a coincidence to get one same time as DHL are delivering to me, no??

Has OnePlus customer's details been compromised again I wonder????
    Received what I assume is fake email claiming to be from DHL saying my package is stopped at customs and I need to pay to release it.
    Never had one of them before and surely too much of a coincidence to get one same time as DHL are delivering to me, no??

A better attempt :) beware of the Boy who cried wolf :)

A better attempt :) beware of the Boy who cried wolf :)

Actually serious this time :o

Screenshot-20210401-224346.jpg

• Advertisement

The grammar in that is highly suspicious alright

Two, off, and that full stop. Looks really suspicious

Probably coincidence. Always amazes me how scammers aren't arsed to use spell check.

Next hurdle is DHL.
    They can never deliver anything to me without hassle.
    Takes 3 or days of ringing them explaining where I live.
    I can only hope they have improved.
    Worst ever was they lost a mountain bike I had ordered and when a replacement was sent out it took a month for them to deliver.
    Watching tracking every day, it was going to Cork then back up the country somewhere, then to Waterford then back up the country.
    This went on for a month with me ringing them almost every day.

Just got my email, due Tuesday.

• Advertisement

I'm posting this from my op9 pro. It feels so much snappier then my op6, and I would never have considered that slow.

I ordered directly from OnePlus, it was delivered this morning

I'm posting this from my op9 pro. It feels so much snappier then my op6, and I would never have considered that slow.

I ordered directly from OnePlus, it was delivered this morning

Pics or didn't happen :D

Pics or didn't happen :D

DHL left it sitting outside the front door. Didn't even ring the bell

Seemingly it left Poland yesterday, amazing it arrived today

DHL left it sitting outside the front door. Didn't even ring the bell

Seemingly it left Poland yesterday, amazing it arrived today

Sweet!
    I can only pray they leave it at my door.:o

First impressions

Fast but a bit buggy. Have seen a few apps hang. Android auto set up ok with my wife's audi, but problematic with my VW. Had to enable usb debugging and change the default usb connection setting.

Nothing major, and would expect to see these things ironed out as updates are released.

First impressions

Fast but a bit buggy. Have seen a few apps hang. Android auto set up ok with my wife's audi, but problematic with my VW. Had to enable usb debugging and change the default usb connection setting.

Nothing major, and would expect to see these things ironed out as updates are released.

Yeah usually quick to release an update on their new stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

I was pushed a 2nd update since Wednesday yesterday. I'm enjoying the new battery coming from the old one on the OP6. Getting over 24 hours usage on a day yesterday that included almost 4 hours of screen time. Also enjoying the wireless charging as by the end of the OP6 life it was a bit fiddly to get it charging on the usb connection

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Cotts72

How are people finding the camera, currently on op7pro but reviews don't seem to be hyping the new cam?

Mine says delivery on Wednesday 7th.
    I went on the DHL website and changed the delivery address to the post office of my nearest town as I have no faith in DHL.

Mine says delivery on Wednesday 7th.
    I went on the DHL website and changed the delivery address to the post office of my nearest town as I have no faith in DHL.

:o
    Screenshot-20210406-182800.jpg

• Advertisement

Had mine delivered today but changed it to a locker. There were plenty of options for local Londis etc.

:o
    Screenshot-20210406-182800.jpg

I thought you were exaggerating, But DHL really do seem to have it in for you

I thought you were exaggerating, But DHL really do seem to have it in for you
    Rang them that time yesterday evening and they said it will get delivered to today.

This morning I get an email to contact DHL because of incorrect address.
    I ring at 9am.
    Gave the address again and girl.on phone says she updated details ( no change in details) and she contacted cork depot.
    I get off the phone and then get email saying updated delivery address.
    10 mins later I get another email saying contact DHL, incorrect address.ffs!
    It's the only p.o. in the town and on the main st.
    How hard is it to find at all.
    So DHL can't find my house and can't find the only p.o. in a town sized around 8000 population.

Absolute cretins!
    This is what I got today after two phonecalls to them.

Screenshot-20210407-094401.jpg

Sorry for turning this into to a delivery thread of my phone but this stuff beggars belief.
    Wonder where it off to now???
    Supposed to be delivered to county cork but now has left cork and has arrived in Dublin

Screenshot-20210408-023109.jpg

That's an absolute nightmare!

01902 wrote: »
    That's an absolute nightmare!

Just onto them there again on the phone and they can't explain why it's happening.
    Complaints manager is going to look into it apparently.

Just onto them there again on the phone and they can't explain why it's happening.
    Complaints manager is going to look into it apparently.

I don't understand how this can happen with the eircode system in place.... What a clusterfook!

Phone had a little staycation in Dublin for 2 days and has just arrived back in cork refreshed and revitalised according to girl on the phone.
    She said it should be with me on Monday

Anyone optimistic that it will be delivered?
    It may well be but I won't be one bit surprised if it doesn't turn up.

Screenshot-20210409-153531.jpg

Jaysus it got here today!

IMG-20210412-145854.jpg

• Advertisement

Jaysus it got here today!

IMG-20210412-145854.jpg

The saga has a happy ending. Hopefully it turns out to be worth the wait for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭SW98

Hi there,

I currently have the OnePlus 7 Pro and I'm considering upgrading to the 9 Pro as my 7 Pro has screen burn on the status bar. Has anyone ever got the Chinese version flashed with the Global ROM as I see that the Chinese version of the 9 Pro can be got for €700 with free DHL shipping from China which is a considerable saving.

Cheers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,409 ✭✭✭xtal191

SW98 wrote: »
    Hi there,

I currently have the OnePlus 7 Pro and I'm considering upgrading to the 9 Pro as my 7 Pro has screen burn on the status bar. Has anyone ever got the Chinese version flashed with the Global ROM as I see that the Chinese version of the 9 Pro can be got for €700 with free DHL shipping from China which is a considerable saving.

Cheers!

I got the Chinese version of the 7T flashed with the global rom from Honorbuy, everything working perfectly for over a year now.

xtal191 wrote: »
    I got the Chinese version of the 7T flashed with the global rom from Honorbuy, everything working perfectly for over a year now.

Good to hear! Still trying to decide is it worth it, considering possible customs charges from China, having to buy the correct plug and of course having the Chinese version. Thanks.

Has anyone an issue with Android Auto?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,819 ✭✭✭lertsnim

TitianGerm wrote: »
    The watch looks great value at €159.

Reviews are woeful so I think I'll be passing on it.

• Advertisement

lertsnim wrote: »
    Reviews are woeful so I think I'll be passing on it.

If it had NFC payments I'd consider it.

If it had NFC payments I'd consider it.

Exactly, me too.

Just on battery life of 9 pro..... Its definitely nowhere near as good as my 6t was when it was new but it's unreal quick to charge.

Exactly, me too.

Just on battery life of 9 pro..... Its definitely nowhere near as good as my 6t was when it was new but it's unreal quick to charge.

Still haven't decided on it, I'm considering is it worth getting the Pro for €700 from China or am I better off just getting it from OnePlus.

Still haven't decided on it, I'm considering is it worth getting the Pro for €700 from China or am I better off just getting it from OnePlus.

I don't know.
    I suppose you just have to weigh up is it worth the risk if something goes wrong with the phone.
    The one thing about oneplus is it takes less than one week to repair a phone and have it back to you.

I don't know.
    I suppose you just have to weigh up is it worth the risk if something goes wrong with the phone.
    The one thing about oneplus is it takes less than one week to repair a phone and have it back to you.

Yeah exactly, I'd prefer to buy it from OnePlus but the Chinese price is tempting all the same.

• Advertisement
Advertisement