Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

OnePlus 9/pro

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,505 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Android 12.

Weird looking yoke but I suppose I'll get used to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭NATLOR

Updated and all good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 291 ✭✭01902

Is anyone else on 3 and the update has stopped 5G working?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 291 ✭✭01902

Not sure if it's One Plus or 3 but 5G works in SIM slot 2 but not slot 1 if anyone else is having trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭the heathen

Yeah - I installed it last night - big change.

• Advertisement

A word of caution. If you have Intune and your company portal on your OnePlus, do not upgrade to Android 12 as you won't be able to access your work email anymore. No sign of a fix being released yet for this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭SickBoy

Not sure if it's just me but I cannot snooze or dismiss my alarm until I unlock the screen.

In Android 11 the alarm was interactive on the lock screen.

Same for me. By the time you have managed to turn off the alarm, you are definitely awake! No snooze needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Wamwig

Same for me, also 5G much slower when running tests. Used to get around 500 down before update now only getting 30-40. 4G is now consistently faster. Never seen One Plus make such a mess of an update and I've had many One Plus phones

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Duff

Hey guys,

Thinking of picking up a 9 Pro (if I can find one for around €6-650) as my S10+ is on it's last legs. How is the camera quality and battery life on them from first hand experience? Online reviews look good. Cheers.

• Advertisement

I only have the 9 so I suspect the pro camera is even better but I find the camera quality is great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,743 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

Had update for android 12 but never updated

Went to update it now and not available still on android 11?

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Wamwig

Stay on it, 12 has ruined the phone, battery rubbish, can't turn off alarm, 5G crawls along

Agree with previous poster, don't upgrade until they have ironed out the problems. My battery life has improved with Android 12. I need to find out how to downgrade back to 11 as I can't be without access to work email and apps. Neither Google, Microsoft or OnePlus seem to be doing anything about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭NATLOR

I also had the alarm clock issue but it seems to be working OK now am able to switch off/ snooze from the lock screen

Another issue I just noticed, the software update button in the about decice setting isn't responding. Anyone else have this problem

Does anyone know where I can get a USB cable compatible with the OnePlus warp charger. Any cable I use except the one that came with the charger or phone does not charge the phone at warp speed

The cables are out of stock on the OnePlus store

Yes, no original OnePlus cables on Amazon UK or DE.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,712 ✭✭✭54and56

So who's thinking of pre-ordering the OnePlus 10 Pro 5G at 16:20 during the global launch tomorrow (March 31st?)? Are the "free" Buds Pro a good set of earbuds?

I've more or less had every second model of OnePlus since launch including the original OPO and currently still happy with my 7T Pro but tempted by the 10 Pro's fast wireless charging and general upgrade overall but also tempted to wait for the Google Pixel 7 as I think the vanilla Android experience offered on the Pixel 6 combined with better hardware and battery which should hopefully be coming in the next iteration of the Pixel series sounds like it could be great and worth waiting for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,258 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

If the buds are like the ones they shipped with the OP9 Pro then don't bother. They are utterly unuseable. The capacitive buttons on the side are so sensitive that normal walking makes them pause/play. It's ridiculous!

• Advertisement

Apparently the "Pro" buds are actually very very good. Excellent sound, high volume, very good "smart" ANC and the microphones for calls / Teams etc seem (from the 3-4 reviews I watched) to be right up there with the very best.

Not sure I'll pull the trigger on the 10 Pro but I might buy the Buds Pro 🤭

Very comprehensive audiophile type review of the OnePlus Buds Pro here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vn1xbW2_BH4&t=0s

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Killio

updated to android 12 , network does'nt show 5G anymore , shows 4g+ but still getting 5G speeds on 3 Ireland , any idea why this is?

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Wickan3080

From reading the thread i believe this is a bug yet unfixed when you update to android 12

Decided I'm still a OnePlus customer but boy have prices (and in fairness specs etc) increased from 2014 to 2022!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 602 ✭✭✭one man clappin

Im hoping one one of the mobile companies will add it to their stock.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,409 ✭✭✭xtal191

Should've saved yourself a few €100 and got the 9 Pro instead

Since update around Christmas my camera usually freezes when opened.

Have to restart the phone to get it working.

Anyone else with this problem?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,603 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Will be in the market for a new phone over the next few weeks/months and this is one that caught my interest, hard to call between this and the Pixel 6 Pro. Even the OnePlus 9 pro could be an option if it is available on the cheap now. Seems like all flagship phones have a few major flaws to them now if you are to believe the reviews you read online.

Maybe but I've always had a strategy of buying the highest spec phone (laptop, tablet etc) I can afford as soon as it comes out and then try to use it for as long as possible before upgrading. This usually means I get the guts of 3 years out of each phone (and longer out of laptops and tablets etc) and end up skipping a generation or two before upgrading again which in this case means I've gone OnePlus One in 2014 -> OnePlus Five in 2017 -> OnePlus 7T Pro in 2019 (decided to trickle down the 5 to my son at the time) and now the OnePlus 10 Pro which I expect to use until late 2024 or early 2025. That'll be 4 OnePlus phones across 10 years costing a total of €2,725 with cases etc.

That averages 2.5 years a phone at a cost of €275 a year.

I'm happy enough with that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,824 ✭✭✭robo

I am a bit like that - I think cos of the pandemic and not really going anywhere, I put up with my OnePlus 5T for an extra 2 years so I am upgrading from 5T to maybe that new 10 Pro as I really want a new phone but definitely see myself having it for a few years. This would be my 3rd OnePlus phone. They are a great phone.

The price has definitely risen over the years but still cheaper than the iPhone and well I reckon just as good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,743 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

Still on android 11 and not updated to 12

What's 12 like now all bugs etc fixed

Not rooted so no biggie updating is it straight forward

I've been on 12 for a while now without issue but just today, for no reason, the fingerprint unlock has just gone away. I can't work out what has happened, it's not turned off in the security options. Reading the oneplus forums, this is something that can happen out of the blue and the recommendation is to perform a hard reset which is something I'm not prepared to do right now. Hopefully an update is released to address this.

Stay on 11 for now.

That's happens mine from time to time.

A restart sorts it.

I tried multiple restarts, full power down and power on and no joy.

When I say the fingerprint unlock is gone away, I don't mean it's not recognising my fingerprint, I mean it doesn't illuminate to offer the fingerprint unlock, it's just full on not an option to unlock the phone.

Yeah I get ya.

The fingerprint on mine disappears as well.

Thankfully a restart fixes mine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭splashthecash

Just hit the order button on a new OnePlus One 9 Pro....had the original years ago and then went back to iPhone for a few years....I tend to do that, jump from Apple to Android every few years, each having their own advantages.

The 9 Pro looks great though, looking forward to it - any immediate suggestions from existing users?

Is anyone with Vodafone and has got 5g on the OnePlus 9pro? I don't seem to get 5g even though the phone is set to 5g and I am on a 5g plan.

Not sure if it would matter but have your tried your Vodafone SIM in the other SIM location?

I got the following reply from OnePlus in relation to 5g in Ireland:

Please be informed that as of now the OnePlus 9 Pro device is do not have an access with the 5G network in the Ireland region because of the band variations. So that we are requesting you to please contact the carrier provider for further updates and also we are requesting you to please stay tuned for upcoming updates to resolve the issue.

• Advertisement

That's not what I meant.

There are 2 SIM slots in the SIM tray, have you tried the Vodafone SIM in both locations?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭golondrinas

I’m in Spain. Is € 789 a good price for one+ 10 pro?

Looks like a good deal. The 8gb model is €900 on their website.

I got 5g with Vodafone yesterday for first time ever. They have obviously fixed whatever was preventing us getting 5g on Vodafone Ireland network.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 962 ✭✭✭Unknownability

Has anyone found a way to get swipe up back on a one plus 9 pro? Have had the phone in a box for six months, started using it today and had the swipe up and now I've updated the software and it's gone.

Very frustrating, I found it very handy for one hand usage.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭CuriosityKilledtheCat

Looking to change my phone, currently have S10+

Was tempted by OnePlus 10Pro but dont see any thread here and I'm a bit confused about SIM slots. Can anyone confirm if OnePlus 10 had dual SIM capability?

Thank you for that. Can I ask how do you find the camera quality - thats another important aspect for me

I'm a fairly casual user of the camera, typical family / holiday type stuff but I think it's amazing to be honest. I know from reviewers like Marques Brownlee who are very focused on camera performance (https://youtu.be/7IaYSxDp88s?t=430) that they are impressed with it but it's not absolutely top end like the Samsung S22 Ultra etc.

I'm sure this probably won't upload very well when compressed to display here but here's a pic I took the weekend before last on the Tour de Bera (original 13mb file attached to this post above) which I thought was pretty good given I just use the default settings etc.

Post edited by 54and56 on

Thanks again for the feedback, that pic is impressive😀

• Advertisement
Advertisement