Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it possible to have a prepaid credit card that is...

• 07-02-2021 11:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

anonymous?

I want to be able to put money into a prepaid card but don’t want my bank to see what I’m spending money on. Is that possible?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 641 ✭✭✭sidcon

Paysafe card, pay for topup in a shop once they have payzone. Bank is then none the wiser. Don't topupusing bank account as they would know then.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

AnTarbh wrote: »
    anonymous?

I want to be able to put money into a prepaid card but don’t want my bank to see what I’m spending money on. Is that possible?

No it is not possible to be anonymous in the financial world today and any financial institution attempting to do so, would be in series difficult if they attempted to do so.

If you don’t want the bank to know that you are financing a debt card, just create an intermediary step before loading the debit card - another bank for instance, where you transfer the money to before loading the card. Your bank won’t know what you are spending the money on, but if necessary the authorities would of course be able to.

That said, you should know that banks limit staff’s access to your accounts, only 3 or 4 people can see your account details on an ongoing basis. Every other access is monitored and any attempt by say a neighbor or relation to snoop into your affairs would have serious consequences for that person. But if you are still unhappy change banks.

You should understand that any attempt to deceive a financial institution in pursuant of a loan constitutes fraud, a criminal offense. And if discovered, the institution would be within its rights to make a complaint to the Garda and the loan would become payable on demand.

I’m closing this thread, if you want to continue the topic please contact me first.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement