Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Circulate stove heat

• 07-02-2021 11:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭

Hi,
    I have a room with high vaulted ceiling, two story, so the top is same height as the upstairs.

Is there a way I could transfer the heat to the bedrooms?
    Not sure if an inline fan would be safe die to drawing air in through the stove.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭Hmob

Hi,
    I have a room with high vaulted ceiling, two story, so the top is same height as the upstairs.

Is there a way I could transfer the heat to the bedrooms?
    Not sure if an inline fan would be safe die to drawing air in through the stove.

Dunno

Can you pipe it through a wall?

Does.the heat not rise upstairs anyway after the top section is heated?

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭johnnyfruitcake

Hmob wrote:
    Does.the heat not rise upstairs anyway after the top section is heated?

Hmob wrote:
    Can you pipe it through a wall?

The heat rises to the top of the vaulted ceiling, the bedroom is in line with the top, not above.

Might try just an open vent and see how it goes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Lenar3556

The heat rises to the top of the vaulted ceiling, the bedroom is in line with the top, not above.

Might try just an open vent and see how it goes

It will breach the fire compartments and provide a path for smoke and or CO directly into the bedroom area involved. I understand the incentive, but think I would leave well enough alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭johnnyfruitcake

Lenar3556 wrote:
    It will breach the fire compartments and provide a path for smoke and or CO directly into the bedroom area involved. I understand the incentive, but think I would leave well enough alone.

Yea, that's the part I was worried about.

Thanks for the replies anyway.

Advertisement