Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best 50cc under 2000 euro

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭rock22

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    Well if I was being pendantic I would say there is a big difference between a person looking to putt around in rural Ireland to that video where he is cycling around in giant 4 lane roads in a large North American city. Hence my point about a lot of videos from that part of the world not being relevant.

He started off with statistics from UK.
    Are you saying UK is totally different to here?

• Registered Users Posts: 35,064 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

CJhaughey wrote: »
    If I was pedantic I would correct you and say that video isn't US its Canadian, but regardless of the country of Origin, its the points he makes about gear and accident speeds that are relevant to the E-bike/ MC debate.

The sort of e-bike he's talking about isn't legal on the roads here (that's not to say they're not out there though)

The other week I saw a kid 10 or 11 going up my road quite quickly on a bike.. but wait a minute the pedals aren't turning - yep it's an illegal e-bike.

What sort of parent would think it's ok to give a 10 year old a motorcycle to use on the road with no training, licence, insurance or helmet? but they'll give him an e-bike he can kill himself on just as easily, and nobody can hear him coming...

© 1982 Sinclair Research Ltd

• Registered Users Posts: 35,064 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

neilmb wrote: »
    Thanks but I'm changing from a car to 50cc for environmental reasons. I'll occasionally want to go further afield so a push bike isn't an option. Was just looking for some recommendations as opposed to alternatives

Well if it's a 2-stroke then you can forget about environmental benefits as they pollute like hell.

4-stroke 50s are long gone, and the likes of a Honda 50 is totally unsuited to today's roads anyway.

You should be thinking a 4-stroke 125 or 250, lower emissions and a 125 would do 80-100mpg.

A 250 or even 400 scooter would be a good shout too.

© 1982 Sinclair Research Ltd

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

Well if it's a 2-stroke then you can forget about environmental benefits as they pollute like hell.

4-stroke 50s are long gone, and the likes of a Honda 50 is totally unsuited to today's roads anyway.

You should be thinking a 4-stroke 125 or 250, lower emissions and a 125 would do 80-100mpg.

A 250 or even 400 scooter would be a good shout too.

A 400 twist and go is a good shout. We rented a good few different bikes when in Thailand a couple of years ago and by far the best for getting around the islands for sight seeing etc was the 400 burgman.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭lipso

so I'm looking for a little 50cc runaround for a rural area for max 2k, what would be your recommendations?

Would you be interested in a geared 4 stroke moped 50cc,1700km, in as new condition

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 neilmb

lipso wrote: »
    Would you be interested in a geared 4 stroke moped 50cc,1700km, in as new condition

being convinced to go for a 125cc but send me the details and price and I'll have a look

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭lipso

being convinced to go for a 125cc but send me the details and price and I'll have a look

2019 Lexmoto Aspire 50cc, in as new condition,€950. It's not derestricted. I bought it December last year from England but I had a heart attack in January so I thought I'd sell it. Would need vrt'd.

Advertisement