Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drumnigh Manor, Portmarnock

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

Sanparom wrote: »
    Thanks Lollipops, April/May seems so far away. We are selling our own property so trying to factor that in. Might have to rent for a few months!

We got word today that AIB will need us to sell our current place before they'll proceed with our mortgage (although we already have AIP letters). Looks like we're moving in with my parents :o

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Sanparom

We've put down our deposit too; the estate agent told us end of this year or early Q1 but our solicitor is representing other people who've bought in the phase and they were told Apr/May 22.

If it's a timber frame build it shouldn't take long to go up, it'll be interiors etc that take the time!
    We got word today that AIB will need us to sell our current place before they'll proceed with our mortgage (although we already have AIP letters). Looks like we're moving in with my parents :o

Oh no!! We're with KBC. I imagine the same will happen to us. It's all very stressful.

We're here two weeks now. My partner gets the DART to town every weekday and makes it in 15 mins and we're furthest back in the estate so far. The narrow path is the main concern. If that pedestrian bridge at the back ever does come to fruition it will be great. Zipping along on a Electric scooter that way would take about 4 mins or a 10 min walk.

Looks like they are making good progress on Phase II. From my window i can see that they've laid the ground foundations, ground pipework, insulation and poured concrete in almost all of them now.

Phase II from what i understand is the attached, between the black and red lines. If anyone wants me to keep an eye on progress i can send photos where possible.

cisk wrote: »

Phase II from what i understand is the attached, between the black and red lines. If anyone wants me to keep an eye on progress i can send photos where possible.

Please do keep us posted of any major progress!! My mam has taken to slipping down (from Kinsealy) to snoop....in case any of the neighbours spot a random French car, it's only her :o:D

We're here two weeks now. My partner gets the DART to town every weekday and makes it in 15 mins and we're furthest back in the estate so far. The narrow path is the main concern. If that pedestrian bridge at the back ever does come to fruition it will be great. Zipping along on a Electric scooter that way would take about 4 mins or a 10 min walk.

Looks like they are making good progress on Phase II. From my window i can see that they've laid the ground foundations, ground pipework, insulation and poured concrete in almost all of them now.

Hi Cisk, it would be really great if you could keep us updated. That would be brilliant!

How are you finding the estate and your house so far?

• Advertisement

Sure, I've attached a pic to get you started wink.png that's the side bound by the red line in my previous attachment. The houses that border Drumnigh wood have the brickwork up to about the first floor.

We've been loving it, everyone has been great and it's nice and peaceful. We had a good experience dealing with Shannon homes and only minor issues came out of the snag.

The aeroplanes that do come in especially the big cargo planes do cause a few seconds where if you were outside talking or watching TV with the window open you'd have to pause but with everything closed at night they're barely noticeable. I grew up facing a busy road and rented beside a Luas station and the few seconds plane fly by is much less annoying imo.

Please do keep us posted of any major progress!! My mam has taken to slipping down (from Kinsealy) to snoop....in case any of the neighbours spot a random French car, it's only her :o:D

I actually noticed a French reg car outside the site when we were moving in :)

Ooh thank you Cisk!! @Sanparom- not sure that's our block, but still great to see the progress being made!

I actually noticed a French reg car outside the site when we were moving in :)

Oh jeez, yeah that's my Ma...:o Pay no attention, she's harmless lol!!

No worries, my mam was the same as i was living on the other side if the city.

I think someone remarked that it's a bit of a walk to the shops or to Portmarnock village but we're actually loving being a bit out of the way but still walk-able and derivable in a few mins. The beach, malahide castle, howth all an easy spin away especially off peak.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

We put a deposit down on a 3 bed family room house the other week. Have probably drove in around the estate about 10 times since to see how things are progressing :pac:

Estate Agent told us December for move in date, but I'm not expecting it until a few months after that tbh.

Knex* wrote: »
    We put a deposit down on a 3 bed family room house the other week. Have probably drove in around the estate about 10 times since to see how things are progressing :pac:

Estate Agent told us December for move in date, but I'm not expecting it until a few months after that tbh.

Is you estate agent HMcD? They told us that too, but literally everyone else is saying Q1 next year.

Oh wow, cisk, thanks for posting that photo and for all the info. It's much appreciated.

Lollipops - I think that's our block, with 105 at the end of it? Very exciting!!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Is you estate agent HMcD? They told us that too, but literally everyone else is saying Q1 next year.

Yeah, they are indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Avon8

bilbot79 wrote: »
    Google puts it as 14 mins to the dart but I walked briskly from the back of the estate whereas google calculates from the entrance

Did it a few weeks back, 14 from the back of the estate to the far side of the bridge I got. Builder seemed confident the bridge pathway would be built, but who knows.

Have been trying to weight these ones up against Dun si/Skylark and a couple of south side spots for a while. Having been in houses in both, the Drumnigh ones of the same size (apparently) win hands down. I actually can't understand whether it's just more efficient use of space in DM or they're exaggerating the sizes in Skylark but have a look at the floor plans and you'll see what I mean, extra double rooms where they're single in SL etc. Better quality inside also and customizable whereas SL is not. The outside of the Dun si ones are lovely though. Skylark less so but still good. DM is ok but they could've added a few touches

Has anyone in DM upgraded a kitchen and what did it cost? April/May timeframe for building seems very slow

• Registered Users Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭bilbot79

Avon8 wrote: »
    Did it a few weeks back, 14 from the back of the estate to the far side of the bridge I got. Builder seemed confident the bridge pathway would be built, but who knows.

Have been trying to weight these ones up against Dun si/Skylark and a couple of south side spots for a while. Having been in houses in both, the Drumnigh ones of the same size (apparently) win hands down. I actually can't understand whether it's just more efficient use of space in DM or they're exaggerating the sizes in Skylark but have a look at the floor plans and you'll see what I mean, extra double rooms where they're single in SL etc. Better quality inside also and customizable whereas SL is not. The outside of the Dun si ones are lovely though. Skylark less so but still good. DM is ok but they could've added a few touches

Has anyone in DM upgraded a kitchen and what did it cost? April/May timeframe for building seems very slow

I think the Skylark location wins hands down. Proper walking distance to the beach, much closer to the train and short stroll to village.

I think the Skylark location wins hands down. Proper walking distance to the beach, much closer to the train and short stroll to village.

The location is better, but the houses in Drumnigh win hands down every time.

I agree with Lollipops. I love the location of Skylark, but the houses are much smaller in comparison. I really like the space you get in Drumnigh.

I haven't been in a Drumnigh Manor house but I couldn't get my head around the whole 3 floors with reception rooms on two floors thing. It made me think they are suitable for rental house shares. I am sure they are lovely inside but for me location always trumps all else

I haven't been in a Drumnigh Manor house but I couldn't get my head around the whole 3 floors with reception rooms on two floors thing. It made me think they are suitable for rental house shares. I am sure they are lovely inside but for me location always trumps all else

Eh? In mine there's a living room and massive kitchen/diner on the ground floor, 3 bedrooms (one ensuite) and a bathroom on 1st floor and an ensuite bedroom and 'study hut'/home office on the 2nd floor.

• Advertisement

Eh? In mine there's a living room and massive kitchen/diner on the ground floor, 3 bedrooms (one ensuite) and a bathroom on 1st floor and an ensuite bedroom and 'study hut'/home office on the 2nd floor.

Not sure which type I was looking at. I think there are a lot more designs available in Drumnigh Manor. They are lovely houses and a lovely estate, especially if they get the flyover to the train station. More bang for your buck for sure. I think Portmarnock is changing too with all of the people moving in, it's getting a real nice vibe around it and would love to see the village improve even more with maybe a few more restaurants etc

• Registered Users Posts: 30 bungalow

Went to have a look at a 4 bed and its practically in belmayne. Location isn't great to far a walk to the shops/Village/pub/schools. We have gone with an older house in a better location.

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Colonel Claptrap

Took a picture of the bridge looking towards Drumnigh Manor.

Not sure which type I was looking at. I think there are a lot more designs available in Drumnigh Manor. They are lovely houses and a lovely estate, especially if they get the flyover to the train station. More bang for your buck for sure. I think Portmarnock is changing too with all of the people moving in, it's getting a real nice vibe around it and would love to see the village improve even more with maybe a few more restaurants etc

You were possibly looking at the type of house we are buying. Yes, there is a 'family room' that spans one side of the 1st floor, but this can also be a bedroom if you want. A very spacious bedroom!

Actually I saw that house too, I would defo use that as a bedroom tbh.

We don’t have kids so we’re using the “family room” as a sitting room and ground floor front room as a dining room. Great light in both rooms.

The kitchens in the 3 beds are bit on the smaller side, they don’t extend out the extra few feet like the end of terrace. We had a breakfast bar added for casual dining.

We don’t have kids so we’re using the “family room” as a sitting room and ground floor front room as a dining room. Great light in both rooms.

The kitchens in the 3 beds are bit on the smaller side, they don’t extend out the extra few feet like the end of terrace. We had a breakfast bar added for casual dining.

Hi cisk, our 3 bed with family room will have a kitchen that extends out. It's the C4 type.

The breakfast bar sounds like a great addition to your kitchen.

Ah very nice. I did see that Shannon homes applied to slightly alter the houses in phase II. I believe that C4 type house is the newer type. If you look at the brochure on the website now they have updated it to include phase II on the site map.

Yeah, it looks really nice. It's like a mixture of the 4 bed end terrace and the 3 bed with family room. I can't wait for it to be built now!

• Advertisement

Just wondering if anyone who is in a C1/C4 house, what the small room on the second floor is like? I was in the 4 bed + study showhouse and it seemed quite spacious, but is it smaller in the C houses? For example, would we fit a smallish couch in there (with tv on the wall) and a desk on the other end of the room or is it too small?

Advertisement