Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opened a demand deposit account and now I have two?

Options
  • 08-02-2021 9:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Okay back in December I opened a demand deposit account in a BOI branch.

My BOI current account is in branch X.
    I did the opening in branch Y which is closer to my current workplace.

So in branch a customer service rep confirmed the account was opened and helped me register the account on my 365online profile.
    The demand deposit account was:
    Branch X sort code + 8 digits of account number.
    I've been using this account without problems.

Now I got a paper statement in the post for a demand deposit account as follows:
    Branch Y sort code + 8 digits of account number (the exact same 8 digits from the account number above!).
    It has a balance of zero as well (another difference from the account above apart from the sort code).

Did I somehow wind up with two demand deposit accounts with the same 8 digit account number but at two difference branches? :confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Eve

Hi there, thanks for your post here on Boards.ie. 

In this instance we'd recommend linking in with our customer service desk directly to look into this further. 

If you log on to Banking 365 and select 'Services' > 'Send us a message' or by calling 0818365365 and one of my colleagues would certainly be able to look into this for you and offer further guidance. 

I hope this helps. If you've any further queries please feel free to reach out to us here again, we'll certainly do our best to help. 

Thanks, Eve 

Advertisement