Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joining a Club and getting a license.

Options
  • 08-02-2021 10:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭

Hey long time forum lurker here, I have done some clay shooting in the last few years and would like to get into the sport.

As soon as it is feasible I will be be looking into getting lessons at Harbour House (depending on restrictions and availability).

My question is would doing the some online courses on https://ifhta.ie/courses-overview/ hold me in any stead from an informational point of view yes they will but I am more thinking of the certificates they give upon completion when going for my license when the time comes.
    I know they are no substitute for practical experience but I am thinking every little helps. Just want to tick as many boxes as I can when looking for membership and a license.

The two course are The Theory of Basic Firearms Safety & Range Safety Orientation.

I would more than likely do a few more as I find them, or if yee have any suggestion on reading material and informational videos to watch then please share.

Appreciate any input given.

tiny link

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

IMO
    Get your license and shotgun, go to Harbour House and get Tommy to give you some advice and get some practice in. Sure when times are better you can go shoot some clays at HH with the club shotgun. A cheap day out and lots of fun.

Then pay money for courses if you need any.

Advertisement