Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What happen after submitting form 11

Options
  • 09-02-2021 12:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 44

Hi there,

I have a random newby question if anyone would enlighten me!!

I'm new to self assessment and just finished filling the form 11. Would anyone be able to tell me what comes next?

Do revenue inform me if they agree with my calculation, do they just take it as it is and charge me the amount based on what I entered, do I receive a letter, ...?

As this is my first time my confidence level is not the highest!

Cheers,
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,387 ✭✭✭Tow

Do revenue inform me if they agree with my calculation

Did you fill in a paper Form 11, so did the calculation yourself?

Sounds like you may have, so do not be surprised if they post it back to you and require you to re-enter it into ROS.

Otherwise it is 'Self Assessment', so unless there is something out of the ordinary on it or chosen for review they will use your calculations.

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Registered Users Posts: 44 AidanMike

Tow wrote: »
    Did you fill in a paper Form 11, so did the calculation yourself?

Sounds like you may have, so do not be surprised if they post it back to you and require you to re-enter it into ROS.

Otherwise it is 'Self Assessment', so unless there is something out of the ordinary on it or chosen for review they will use your calculations.

I did it online but some tax reliefs can't be selected there so I had to select "I don't agree with the basic calculations" and add my own numbers. That's why I'm wondering if they will take my values as is or if it will be reviewed and confirmed. Will they give me feedback?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,079 ✭✭✭relax carry on

AidanMike wrote: »
    I did it online but some tax reliefs can't be selected there so I had to select "I don't agree with the basic calculations" and add my own numbers. That's why I'm wondering if they will take my values as is or if it will be reviewed and confirmed. Will they give me feedback?

What tax reliefs couldn't be selected?

What tax reliefs couldn't be selected?

Home carer Tax relief can't be selected (or I missed it) and it's not possible to disable increased IT standard rate though it is needed when claiming Home carer Tax relief.

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭Stratvs

AidanMike wrote: »
    Home carer Tax relief can't be selected (or I missed it) and it's not possible to disable increased IT standard rate though it is needed when claiming Home carer Tax relief.

There is a field for it in the Personal Tax Credits tab just under the personal tax credit. If there is an entry there then ROS computes which is more beneficial, the HCC and lower SRB or the increased SRB. If you find that this produces the result you expected you can amend the Form 11.

• Advertisement

Stratvs wrote: »
    There is a field for it in the Personal Tax Credits tab just under the personal tax credit. If there is an entry there then ROS computes which is more beneficial, the HCC and lower SRB or the increased SRB. If you find that this produces the result you expected you can amend the Form 11.

Ha, you are right! now that I see it I'm wondering how I missed it ...
    I'm glad to see that my calculations were right ... at least something good :)

Advertisement