Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Child Benefit for Children in non Eu country

Options
  • 09-02-2021 7:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi,

I'm hoping someone can help me on this. I'm an Irish father of children who are living abroad (in a non EU country). I personally live and work in Ireland and don't have the ability to work in the same country as my children live.

I have gone through some very tough court cases and am left with a huge Child Support order which is almost leaving me with an impossible task of paying for them to visit Ireland or me myself visiting them. I want nothing more than to contribute to their upbringing but I've been left financially crippled due to numerous visits to court.
    It appears I can not claim any child benefit for them (they get no child benefit either where they live). Is this correct? It seems non-Irish (EU) citizens can claim for children who reside in other EU countries but an Irish father can't claim child benefit for his children who have Irish passports. Can anyone give any advice on this? Thanks in advance.

Comments

You don't have custody so no, you can't claim

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

You don't have custody so no, you can't claim

Custody isn't relevant here, residency is.

It's EU family laws that allow resident parents of non resident children claim the payment as long as it is in payment in another EU state. When the child is resident in a non EU state no payment can be made.

Custody isn't relevant here, residency is.

It's EU family laws that allow resident parents of non resident children claim the payment as long as it is in payment in another EU state. When the child is resident in a non EU state no payment can be made.

By the custodian and the mother if theres a couple incolved.

Even non custodian Irish fathers of Irish children living in the EU cannot claim. Your info is wrong and misleading. How can a father with no legal rights make a financial claim? Silly silly post,

Advertisement