Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Household bulbs

• 09-02-2021 8:45am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,232 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Can anyone recommend an online shop for buying household bulbs?? Preferable Irish based. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,595 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

Its not just a question of looking for bulbs

1: Fit for Purpose is paramount.

2: Lumens for the amount of light.

3: Watts for the running cost.

4: Colour Temperature for required ambience
    [2,700 K to 4,700 K typical]

5: Colour Rendition Index (CRI).
    >90 CRI for colour-critical applications such as food displays.

6: Beam Angle needs to be considered.

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭stoneill

Solus.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 ElderWanderer

Hi,
    Can anyone recommend an online shop for buying household bulbs?? Preferable Irish based. Thanks.

Ikea for value. They'll be made in China, but the ones on offer from other retailers will be too, just at a far higher price.

Beyond that: lumens, shape & fitting type would be my only considerations. 400 lumens is fine for most places in my opinion, 600 lumens if you want the place well lit; there's nothing over 600 lumens in my house, but a relative briefly had a 1000 lumen bulb in his house, which was rapidly removed to avoid blinding the residents...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,666 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Hi,

What type? Smart/dumb? Ceiling pendant or task light?
    What type fitting ? Etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,232 ✭✭✭barneygumble99

E24 and E14 fittings. Just standard bulbs nothing fancy. Just hard to get them in shops it seems.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

stoneill wrote: »
    Solus.ie

Am I missing something with this site, I can pick a bulb but not buy it and yet they have shopping cart feature?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Bikerman2019

When you say standard bulbs, do you mean the old fashioned cheap ones? I think they were banned and now you have to buy the energy efficient ones which are more expensive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,595 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

Ikea for value. They'll be made in China, but the ones on offer from other retailers will be too, just at a far higher price.

Beyond that: lumens, shape & fitting type would be my only considerations. 400 lumens is fine for most places in my opinion, 600 lumens if you want the place well lit; there's nothing over 600 lumens in my house, but a relative briefly had a 1000 lumen bulb in his house, which was rapidly removed to avoid blinding the residents...

Turn on the light look at it through your phone camera and if it flickers its crap for interior lighting

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭stoneill

Am I missing something with this site, I can pick a bulb but not buy it and yet they have shopping cart feature?

Always works for me?

Advertisement