Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPad Air 3 upgrade

Options
  • 09-02-2021 11:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,110 ✭✭✭✭

I have a damaged IPad Air 3 which Apple want €400 to repair so I’m wondering would the current generation be any upgrade to what I currently have?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭iniall

Yes, it really would:

"Compared to its predecessor, the iPad Air 4th Gen (Wi-Fi Only) -- and its cellular-equipped brethren -- are a dramatic improvement and have more in common with the higher-end iPad Pro than its iPad Air lineage. With the removal of the Home button and the smaller bezels, they are physically smaller, but have a larger display. They also have a more powerful and advanced architecture, support more advanced external keyboards, use USB-C (instead of Lightning), and support the aforementioned more advanced Apple Pencil 2nd Gen and clever "Touch ID" sensor in the top button, too."

https://everymac.com/systems/apple/ipad/specs/apple-ipad-air-4th-gen-a2316-wifi-only-specs.html

• Registered Users Posts: 12,110 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Had thought of getting the 11 inch pro but people are saying the Air 4th gen is just as good?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Doodah7

11inch Pro is strongly rumoured to be due an update but no-one knows when. It could be as soon as this month but who knows?

You would need to compare the Pro with the iPad Air 4th Gen to see if the extras on the Pro are worth the money. Personally I don't think they are. There is a comparison tool on the Apple website.

Blue version of the iPad Air 4th Gen is £499 on Amazon UK. This works out at roughly €580 or a €90 saving off the RRP.

Advertisement