Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Switching from Virgin €5 per month deal

Options
  • 09-02-2021 11:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,893 ✭✭✭

Morning all.

Signed up to this so the kid would have a way of contacting us when he goes to the shop or whatever (gets a bit nervous).
    Anyways, it's coming to an end now and jumping up to €25 per month, and I'm wondering what's the cheapest option to go for? Thinking maybe GoMo?

Don't mind if it's PAYG or Pay Later.

I think 48 might be cheaper, but you have to join membership every month or something? Can see me forgetting to do that!

Thanks all.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Is it a smartphone?

VF PAYG 5e for 5GB / 28 days and use WhatsApp, Signal etc to call.

48 is 10.99 per month (PAYG).

Lyca plans are cheap but takes a bit of scrutiny to keep on top of the maze of options and offers (PAYG).
    https://www.lycamobile.ie/en/bundles/#/nationalbundles

• Registered Users Posts: 8,893 ✭✭✭Soarer

Yeah, it's an iPhone.

That Vodafone one sounds perfect. What's it called, as I can't find it on their site?

https://n.vodafone.ie/shop/pay-as-you-go-plans/add-ons.html

The only thing to factor in is to set a reminder to add 5e credit every 4 weeks. Add on can be applied by SMS or from myvodafone web portal.

Thanks Ten Pin.

Just so I get this right in my head (long time since I did PAYG)....
    Get a Vodafone PAYG SIM.
    Possibly have to top up by €20 to activate.
    Then I can let that €20 lapse, but keep topping up by €5 every 4 weeks and have data only?

It will only cost 5e. You can top up by 20e to activate a 28 day plan but it's NOT a necessity. Always top up by less than 20e to keep credit as 20e or more will activate a new plan duration and debit the balance.

1. Order SIM from VF website. The SIM is free, they will ask you to choose a plan...Vodafone X is the most common one but it doesn't matter as it can be changed later anyway and is irrelevant to add ons. Choose new number or keep existing number. Not sure what the procedure is if you get a new number and port later.

2. When SIM arrives, put it in phone and top up by 5e
    https://topup.vodafone.ie/VodafoneIEExternalWeb/enter.do

3. Buy add on by SMS. This can also be done by registering for myvodafone which has free webtext for sending SMS to any mobile.

• Advertisement

Thanks Ten Pin.

Just ordered the SIM there. Mighty.

Advertisement