Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Why do people have to record and share everything?

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

This dog should get a part on ‘Davy’s toughest team’, his new show on network 2. It’s about a bunch of misfits looking to go to Everest base camp for some kind of self healing after suffering a lot of setbacks in life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,021 ✭✭✭✭anewme

This dog should get a part on ‘Davy’s toughest team’, his new show on network 2. It’s about a bunch of misfits looking to go to Everest base camp for some kind of self healing after suffering a lot of setbacks in life.

Bunch of misfits?

Does that definition not apply more here than elsewhere, :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

These 2 and the dog will be on The Late Late garbage I guarantee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

My personal pet hate are the personal 'feel good' stories.

I'm not on Facebook these days but I see them a lot on LinkedIn.

They take some homeless guy and give him a wash and a haircut. Or some Mexican janitor who finally graduated from the high school where he worked for 30 years. Ohh... Let's take a video of this guy and plaster it online for likes.

It's so exploitative to these people. Way worse than just fking ignoring them imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,907 ✭✭✭daheff

pgj2015 wrote: »
    lol its ridiculous when you think about it, bringing a dog down off a mountain, RTE news worthy. its the same as famous people who bang on about giving their money to charity, genuine people just give it and don't need to tell everyone.

Wtf were they doing on the mountain....was it within their 5 km ... seriously doubt it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

Some lads on here would share videos of their dumps if allowed. Filthy kernts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 341 ✭✭feartuath

daheff wrote: »
    Wtf were they doing on the mountain....was it within their 5 km ... seriously doubt it

What were 2 dogs doing off a lead in the first place.
    Chasing a deer their owners said, what about sheep in the area.

I don't see any animal welfare types jumping up and down about the poor deer.

If they were hunting dogs the owners would have to fight to get them back.
    In saying that most hunting dogs are better trained and return to their owners whistle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

This is the first I've heard of it OP. Thanks for making sure this truly worthy sorry was covered on boards!
    You don't the people a great service.

That and get over it, stop being part of the problem you are complaining about.
    I get most of my news from boards. Once upon a time that meant only the important or at least interesting stuff got to here cos it might be worth discussing.

The worst threads on boards, which is genuinely be supportive of banning are the "let's discuss how unworthy of discussion something is". I'm sure you think this is different, but it's really not

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

Some of the worst (read as "most annoying/cloying etc") things on social media exist solely because there's an audience for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭Tyrone212

That dog would be dead now if they didn't have their phones with them.

Social media is full of fake ****e. Even look at YouTube, will be lots of videos of people doing videos like give homeless people 100 dollars. They're only doing it to make a video, not because they care.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,945 ✭✭✭sporina

daheff wrote: »

yeah and whats worse is the fact that the family wer out hiking with their dogs too

oh people are v funny.

there was uproar when hikers had to be rescued a few weeks ago - and rightly so - putting rescue volunteer's lives at risk..

but when people are out hiking and a dog goes missing and then rescued... its a "good news story" lol... no one mentions the fact that one of them shudda been up the mountain in the 1st place,..

ignorance is bliss eh?

so typical in this country... like the covid case numbers were still high end Nov/start Dec.. but the government proceeded to reduce the restrictions so that "we could all have a nice xmas"... yeah... and look at where we are now!

there is just no discernment!

rant over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,034 ✭✭✭Ficheall

On a somewhat related note: Nature documentaries nowadays seem to be more about the documentarian than the animals. I can see more of a presenter in one episode of a "modern" nature documentary than I have seen total of David Attenborough after nearly thirty years of watching.
    Slightly off-topic, slightly not..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,530 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

If this dog cannot even conquer lugnaqilla I would hate to see her on K2.

Golden retriever. Clever as a brick.
    Conquering the wild front lawn is the best that can be hoped for.

Advertisement