Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Currys (Again)

Options
  • 09-02-2021 1:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭

I know, I know but bear with me! :D:D

I ordered a tumble dryer from them, which was delivered after a bit of hassle. Tumble worked perfectly until Sunday when it suddenly decided to die mid cycle. I've been trying for the past 2 days to get Currys to arrange to collect it as it was within the 30d period for exchange or refund, and of course have been pushed from pillar to post. I can't even get an engineer round to confirm the fault (malfunctioning pump according to what we found on the 'net). Of course, this means the 30d have passed, which will probably mean I will be forced to take a repair. In fact, I just want this PoS out of my house, and my money back!

I've tried the various numbers given to me by Curry's and on the net, and get through to the KnowNothing team every time. I have even been given Hoover's number to arrange. Nothing.

What can I do here? I would have gone straight round to Trading Standards if I were in the UK, but I'm not familiar with Irish consumer law and my options here.

Any idea guys? All help appreciated!

TIA :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Xterminator

if your 1st phone call was within 30 days, then you alerted them within the 30 days. but only if that is their actual policy.

under consumer law you are entitled one of the 3 R's repair, replace, refund. you don't get to choose which one.

under currys ireland return policy it says
    We will offer either a repair, exchange or refund if the fault occurs within 21 days of purchase (or delivery or installation). If the fault with your product occurs within its guarantee period (normally 12 months from delivery) we will offer you a prompt repair service*. In all cases we reserve the right to inspect the product and verify the fault or we may ask you to carry out a telephone diagnostic to make sure it is not a problem that can be solved quickly.

For a refund or exchange, the product must be in otherwise ''as new'' condition, complete with any accessories and free gifts offered and if possible, with the original box and packaging.

THIS RETURNS POLICY DOES NOT AFFECT YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS. DETAILS OF YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS ARE AVAILABLE FROM TRADING STANDARDS OR CITIZENS ADVICE CONSUMER SERVICE.

https://www.currys.ie/ieen/terms-and-conditions-1044-theme.html

So that is not better than your consumer rights. nor are you correct about a 30 day refund policy .... unfortunately.

they will confirm the fault, and offer you a remedy. the remedy need only be one of the 3 R's , although a repair has to be permanent. you can request a refund, or a replacement but a repair is also an acceptable offer under law.

keep a log of contacts, date, and who you speak to. Ask nicely for a replacement or refund due to the short period of of ownership. But understand your not 'entitled ' to this, its not a right under law.

Advertisement