Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fosterstown Developement

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I'm surprised they got permission, there was so much opposition to the development. Plus it's all high density, with no houses as far as I know. There are no plans to build the promised school either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,253 ✭✭✭Elessar

I'm not surprised but very disappointed. This was in complete convention of the Fingal masterplan. This is a huge development. One problem I had with it, after the complete convention of the masterplan, was the parking arrangements. There won't be enough to meet the residential demand and so parking will spill over to all other estates and roads nearby. The forest road and out towards the other side will be choked with traffic at peak times.

And to top it all off, nobody will be able to buy one. I guarantee they will all be block purchased by a REIT and rented out, with a lot of it for council housing. It will completely destroy a lovely quiet, safe area of swords. I'm livid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Elessar wrote: »
    I'm not surprised but very disappointed. This was in complete convention of the Fingal masterplan. This is a huge development. One problem I had with it, after the complete convention of the masterplan, was the parking arrangements. There won't be enough to meet the residential demand and so parking will spill over to all other estates and roads nearby. The forest road and out towards the other side will be choked with traffic at peak times.

And to top it all off, nobody will be able to buy one. I guarantee they will all be block purchased by a REIT and rented out, with a lot of it for council housing. It will completely destroy a lovely quiet, safe area of swords. I'm livid.

Glad its not in my backyard, definitely not the sort of development that should be built in that spot, traffic is already a nightmare and this is only going to cause further issues between Rivervalley, Boraimhe, Main Street and the Bypass.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭koutoubia

Thats a shocker.
    What has the minister for housing who is the long serving TD got to say about it I wonder?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,309 ✭✭✭plodder

PCros wrote: »
    It appears that the objections of Fingal CoCo plus 180 residents from Rivervalley were ignored by APB and they went and approved this.

There will be a total of 995 apartments when all phases are complete with one of them being an 8 storey building - Fingal stated a max of 2-3 storey.

I do believe that a Metro should be up and running before building starts, but hey it's Ireland. It will be interesting to see how the R132 and Airside holds up with this and traffic levels.

https://www.irishtimes.com/business/commercial-property/housing-schemes-in-goatstown-and-swords-approved-despite-objections-1.4479524

https://planning.agileapplications.ie/fingal/application-details/87883
    I'd agree it makes no sense at all without the Metro.

There's a website for the project at: https://www.fosterstownshd.ie/

The overall plan is on this document:
    https://www.fosterstownshd.ie/uploads/eFvzmm4q/P-S-0-4ProposedSitePlan.pdf which suggests some kind of link to the Pinnock Hill roundabout, though it's not clear whether that's part of this application or not.

‘Why do you sit out here all alone?’ said Alice…..
    ‘Why, because there’s nobody with me!’ cried Humpty Dumpty.‘Did you think I didn’t know the answer to that?’

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Chrisam

Sounds very familiar ... Fingal are doing the same messing over in D15. Councillors against, but size of development means the decision is in the hands of ABP. We have 2 large Strategic Housing Developments planned, within 500 metres of each other! Both mainly 1 bed apartments and undoubtably will bring traffic to already congested roads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

Chrisam wrote: »
    Sounds very familiar ... Fingal are doing the same messing over in D15. Councillors against, but size of development means the decision is in the hands of ABP. We have 2 large Strategic Housing Developments planned, within 500 metres of each other! Both mainly 1 bed apartments and undoubtably will bring traffic to already congested roads.

I don't know the details of the two over in D15 which you're referring to but certainly in this case blame can't be apportioned to the councilors as the decision was taken by ABP?

Advertisement