Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SIRO vs Openeir

Options
  • 09-02-2021 4:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭

Which one would you recommend?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭alan4cult

Which one can you get? I think Siro offer 200 upload which is nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭dam099

alan4cult wrote: »
    I think Siro offer 200 upload which is nice.

Only to legacy customers. Sign up now (or switch) and its only 100 (on the 1Gb plans).

• Registered Users Posts: 12,496 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

SIRO I'd say as more retailers sell it plus there is no sign of eir in any part of the operation. I found SIRO themselves seem to manage their network and rollout very well.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭NBAiii

TheDriver wrote: »
    SIRO I'd say as more retailers sell it plus there is no sign of eir in any part of the operation. I found SIRO themselves seem to manage their network and rollout very well.

There are more retailers on the Openeir network than Siro twenty six versus eleven.

As to the OP's question, both should perform equally well. They are running the same equipment on both networks. If I had to choose one I'd go Openeir because Siro were aggressively discounting gigabit packages for several years so there should be a higher proportion of gigabit users on Siro which may have the potential to lead to issues if you got stuck on a cluster with many heavy users.

Advertisement