Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Issue with Vet bill

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭Scratchly

silver2020 wrote: »
    Vet accounts were to call Monday and they didn't, so on Tuesday literally less that 24 hours later it's as if the world has ended and its shoddy, "unacceptable" a "disgrace" etc etc

If it was two weeks later after a couple of reminders, yes, I'd get annoyed, but the next day and considering we're in a pandemic, level 5 restrictions and possible all sorts of emergencies could have arisen, to not wait 24 hours before blasting the vet practice is way way way over the top and the manner of the posts shows a contemptuous attitude.

It probably is an error, the world will not fall in if the response is a few days later that expected.

You were the second post on this thread and you've come across more annoyed and contemptuous than anyone.

Have you really nothing better to do with your time that try start arguments with people who are rightfully querying a nonsense bill from a business in a consumer issues forum?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,679 ✭✭✭...Ghost...

Just thought I would update this. The practice manager rang the following week asking if I thought the bill was wrong. I said it sure looked wrong, but we would pay if anything was owed. I explained the issue with not being able to get the details from the secretary who turned out to be new, as believed. She said she would look into the account and get back to me. She called a few hours later and the second portion of the bill was an error. They don't know exactly how it was made, but it's sorted now thankfully.

Stay Free

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

Just thought I would update this. The practice manager rang the following week asking if I thought the bill was wrong. I said it sure looked wrong, but we would pay if anything was owed. I explained the issue with not being able to get the details from the secretary who turned out to be new, as believed. She said she would look into the account and get back to me. She called a few hours later and the second portion of the bill was an error. They don't know exactly how it was made, but it's sorted now thankfully.

Isn't that basically what was said in the thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,679 ✭✭✭...Ghost...

Jim_Hodge wrote: »
    Isn't that basically what was said in the thread?

If you pick and choose from various posts, yes. I think it's only polite to post the final resolution. It's still not ok to tell a client they will get a call from the practice Manager on Monday and for nothing to happen for a week and a half later.
    I didn't try to drill for answers as to why it took so long to reply and when she got the message. I was just happy that the account was to be checked and she called back later that day like she said. One should not make definite statements they can't commit to.

Stay Free

Advertisement