Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

One lap

Options
  • 09-02-2021 9:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭

Has anyone tried out the new one lap app. It was originally a Chinese zwift but it has a fully English version downloadable from playstore and appstore. I only ever used trainerroad so no experience in game type apps. Obviously not as popular as zwift so may not be as many racers etc.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Hadnt heard of it. China Cycling is a decent youtuber, he covered it in 2017

More recently

Seems to have come a long way but still a little janky.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,420 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Yup I used the open beta recently and the original 2017 version.

The beta was free. The cycling part of the Software seemed fine, only issue was with some dodgy translations and the menus etc. Sometime could only pick through 3 of the 8 routes even though all were available.

They've added a load more virtual roads.

Another quirk was say you do a cycle tomorrow at 5pm, it'll upload to strava as 1am or so based on their time and log it for the next day

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

Yeah I never got to ride the older one which was a dodgey translated version and only used this newer version handful of times.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

That looks good actually. Is it cheaper than Zwift?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,420 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

MojoMaker wrote: »
    That looks good actually. Is it cheaper than Zwift?

Much. 5 quid a month. No cheaper to buy a year in advance, it's 60.

It's via PayPal too so no dodgy card transaction either it seems

• Advertisement
Advertisement