Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car dealer reviews requested - Fagans of Foxrock

Options
  • 09-02-2021 11:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi All,
    Hope you are well.

I am looking to buy a used car from this dealer in South Dublin called 'Fagans of Foxrock'. My only concern is that they are not registered with SIMI. Just wondering if someone can share any good/bad experience with them please. Would be great to hear reviews so can decide whether to proceed or not.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,606 ✭✭✭User1998

Being registered with SIMI means absolutely nothing

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

The SIMI are not your friends so it makes no difference to you the customer. Just use google to search the dealer, that will throw up results from the likes of solocheck.ie that will tell you how long they have been trading, how the directors are and if they are currently solvent or not. Join the dots, if they have been trading for many years then that's always a good sign. Google their phone numbers and address too as it might mean they have been at the same premises but trading under the different names frequently which would make me wary of them winding up and then popping up soon after under another name.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Mintoe

They’re around a long time and would be one of the good ones

• Registered Users Posts: 37 wiresandmore

I've dealt with them a few times and they are excellent. They specifically dealt with the 7-seater Merc estates for quite some time, but they are becoming much harder to find these days (unfortunately!)

Advertisement