Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Applying to Mortgage down the line & Investing including Crypto Currencies

• 09-02-2021 11:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 792 ✭✭✭

So I have a sum of money around 60k sitting in my bank and am fed up of not getting any interest on it and the talk of negative interest rates is frankly the final straw for me.

I have been constantly investing for the long-term, not trading over the last number of months. I am asking anything about my investment strategy, but moreso for the point of view from a bank:

a) Would this sort of activity increase the likelyhood that I will struggle to get a mortgage in the future?

b) Secondly my plan is probably to apply for a mortgage in two to three years, how far back do they request statements for when applying for a mortgage?

Also regarding my investments, I understand they are high risk and I am only investing money that I am happy to lose, so just thinking about it here from a mortgage perspective, not investment advice :D

Advertisement