Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Printer shortages - any ideas where to try

Options
  • 10-02-2021 9:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭

So I'm looking for a basic, sub €100 all in one desktop printer, mainly for scanning and very occasional printing so don't really care about ink usage. Needs to have an auto feeder, that's the most important.

I know supply chains from the far east are banjaxxed because of Covid but can't find stock anywhere.

Tried all the usual suspects, Currys, Soundstore, DID, Argos, Euronics, Komplett, Harvey Norman....not a printer in sight, not even on delivery.

Anyone any ideas where else I can try ? - Oh I'm Cork based

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,936 ✭✭✭✭listermint

So I'm looking for a basic, sub €100 all in one desktop printer, mainly for scanning and very occasional printing so don't really care about ink usage. Needs to have an auto feeder, that's the most important.

I know supply chains from the far east are banjaxxed because of Covid but can't find stock anywhere.

Tried all the usual suspects, Currys, Soundstore, DID, Argos, Euronics, Komplett, Harvey Norman....not a printer in sight, not even on delivery.

Anyone any ideas where else I can try ? - Oh I'm Cork based

Amazon.de

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭tdf7187

I'm afraid I don't know of any outside of the ones you already listed, but I just wanted to point out that if you buy an inkjet you need to use it every once in a while, even if only once a month, as the ink can dry up and clog the nozzles.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭delboythedub

tdf7187 wrote: »
    I'm afraid I don't know of any outside of the ones you already listed, but I just wanted to point out that if you buy an inkjet you need to use it every once in a while, even if only once a month, as the ink can dry up and clog the nozzles.

Www.123ink.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Yep sorry tried them as well, they have one, but not auto feed, much appreciated anyway

listermint wrote: »
    Amazon.de

Thanks hadn't thought of .de, just had a nose and again nothing available that suits. It's like a black hole for printers !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭JoyPad

Have you tried elara.ie?

Just an update, inkjet.ie emailed me later saying they'd tracked down what I was looking for and delivered by Friday, brilliant service

Advertisement