Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit union online security

• 10-02-2021 11:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭

[Redacted]

My account shares a password with 2 or 3 other select websites that I would deem secure.

About a week ago I got a 2FA request for my amazon account meaning someone logged in with my password (17 characters long), I changed the amazon password immediately obviously.

[Redacted]

Just a note to be aware if you have a cu online account, I would make it a unique password.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭nullObjects

theliam wrote: »
    My account shares a password with 2 or 3 other select websites that I would deem secure.

As a principle you shouldn't reuse passwords even if the password itself appears hard to guess.

The websites don't have to be comprised for your password to leak. For example a malicious chrome extension could capture your password.

Are you allowed to post the link to the website for review or is that against the boards.ie terms?

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭theliam

I know in theory reusing passwords etc.

amazon, apple, dropbox.

I've nothing on chrome other than adblock.

I'm a software engineer as Im guessing you are with your username.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

theliam wrote: »
    I know in theory reusing passwords etc.

amazon, apple, dropbox.

I've nothing on chrome other than adblock.

I'm a software engineer as Im guessing you are with your username.

Well then you should have applied it, especially for something as important as your financial accounts.

And at the very least you should have changed all passwords once you that your passwords had been compromised.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement