If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Query on a previous purchase

Options
  • 10-02-2021 11:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

Back in July 2019 I purchased a Sony KD65AF9 from you via boards.ie. At the time I was told I would receive a receipt either via email or with the TV itself. However, I never got a receipt. The TV has started to have some issues recently so I am wondering if I PM you some details can you find my order in your customer management system and reissue the receipt?

On the issue itself, while watching the TV using any of the apps (youtube, netflix, disney+, plex) the TV will randomly sound a high pitched screech for a few seconds and then turn itself off and back on again. I'm not sure if the issue occurs with terrestrial tv as we don't have a soarview connection. Do you know if this is a known issue with the TV? And what is the best way to see if it can be fixed? Direct with Sony? Or through your own extended warranty?

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,276 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi,

Back in July 2019 I purchased a Sony KD65AF9 from you via boards.ie. At the time I was told I would receive a receipt either via email or with the TV itself. However, I never got a receipt. The TV has started to have some issues recently so I am wondering if I PM you some details can you find my order in your customer management system and reissue the receipt?

On the issue itself, while watching the TV using any of the apps (youtube, netflix, disney+, plex) the TV will randomly sound a high pitched screech for a few seconds and then turn itself off and back on again. I'm not sure if the issue occurs with terrestrial tv as we don't have a soarview connection. Do you know if this is a known issue with the TV? And what is the best way to see if it can be fixed? Direct with Sony? Or through your own extended warranty?
    Hi Atomic Pineapple.

Sorry to hear that you are having issues with your TV.
    The Sony OLED are very reliable and give very little problems.
    The issue you are having is not one i have came across myself.

There is no issue in resending you a copy of your receipt. If you PM me you name and address I can locate your account.

If you drop our service team an email detailing the issue as above and also include your name and address they can start the process of getting a call out arranged for an engineer.
    Their email address is Service@Richersounds.ie

The TV is under our own guarantee so you do not need to contact Sony and we can look after things.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.