Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Commuter tyre 700x 38 or 40

Options
  • 10-02-2021 11:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭

Hi folks,
    Anyone recommend a good commuter tyre. The bike came with Schwalbe G-one tyres.The bikes predecessor always had Schwalbe marathons which I found bulletproof but this was a road bike with 25s. The G one wears down quick enough.
    Thanks
    Darrener

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,123 ✭✭✭homer911

Best value I got out of 700x38C's was Halfords own-brand

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭Maidhci

I have Schwalbe Marathon Plus 700x38 on my Giant hybrid bike. Have found them excellent, they slip on easily and are reasonably hard wearing.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭WOT

Schwalbe Marathon Supreme gets my vote if you don’t need to go off road, specifically not that good with mud.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭Diemos

I think my hybrid is running 28c's and they been fine, Schwable Durano's, fwiw.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,753 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

WOT wrote: »
    Schwalbe Marathon Supreme gets my vote if you don’t need to go off road, specifically not that good with mud.

+1 for a great 38c option, though a bit pricey and nowhere close to the puncture protection of a Marathon plus. Similar enough to a wider version of the Durano plus IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Darrener

Thanks All, Lots of food for thought. Might try the Supremes as I don't do any off road.

Advertisement