Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have you played Super Mario 3D World before?

Options
  • 10-02-2021 12:17pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Might look like an odd question,
    But how many of you all have played it before, on the WiiU?
    Its release is imminent on the Switch, and some will have owned, or still own it, on the WiiU, but I'm interested to see how many then are coming to it as a fresh game.

It's a comment too on the plurality of ports, from the WiiU to the Switch, which for some who have owned both can be disappointing as we wait for genuinely new content, but to others is a chance to play these games for the first time, so they are as good as new content for them.

Have you owned/played Super Mario 3D World before? 44 votes

Yes...
    84% 37 votes
    No...
    6% 3 votes
    Atari Jaguar
    9% 4 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Had it but did the bare minimum at the time (rolled credits).
    When I had the Wii U, I got a load of games with it so my attention was split at the time.

Getting it again and looking forward to being more thorough this time. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

I've never played it before which is probably the only reason I'm buying it this time around.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,954 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Yes, Champion Road actively haunts my nightmares. Extremely curious about Bowser's Fury based on hands-on previews - God is a Geek have indicated it's more than just repurposed Odyssey assets we're all anticipating. The temptation to double-dip is operating at a low-hum for the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,132 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Owned and played a bit of the post game. Won't be getting the Switch version. Only game I have on Wii U that was ported and upgraded for Switch is Smash, which is pretty much a whole other game using the Wii U assets, as far as I know

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

Wii u was the only console since the nes I skipped. And that was less about the console and more about timing. I always meant to pick one up, but never got around to it.

So I've no issues with something top notch from wii u era coming to switch. All new for me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,388 ✭✭✭xckjoo

Owned it and finished it but have no strong memories of it. Currently debating getting the Switch version but not feeling a strong desire to. I do like the look of the steelbook version and I'm sure it's great so maybe I should get....

I don't mind the ports even though I had a Wii U. But I would like them to get the finger out and give us a Metroid Prime Trilogy port and Metroid Prime 4!

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭Len_007

Yes have the Wii U version, got pretty close to the end. Also have the soundtrack CD, great tunes there.
    And I have + Bowsers Fury on order, only because it's a birthday present. But, I also have doubled dipped with MK8 Deluxe. And the next most recent game I purchased was all stars.
    I wouldn't no a new game if it hit me in the face at this stage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭piwyudo0fhn57b

I haven't but it looks cool!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭YoshiSays

nintendo made me double dip on botw, tropical freeze, mario kart including dlc, captain toad, mario galaxy, 64, ...

botw was ok since I got a fair price for wii u version sale
    tf, no idea why I bought with switch version, haven't even tried funky mode
    kart, not sure why tbh, kids can play with their friends online + the better battle mode
    captain toad had the extra dlc
    mario galaxy/64 ... got this to get sunshine ... which I can't stand the look of ... need to reflect on that ...

so, I'm not double dipping on 3d world, unless I see it cheap or something ...

btw, nintendo life gave it 10/10, on switch, which I think is fair. "bowser's fury is like a little cartoon short before the big pixar movie"

too tired to press the shift key :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

Never played. Switch is my first Nintendo console. Not in any major panic to play this one. Have lots to play right now but will pick it up down the line at some point for sure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I'll say No in that I never completed it or played it past the first world, as my son broke the Wii U and I never replaced it. Looking forward to the release tomorrow!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,447 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Played it and loved it.

It's a weird game in that up to the credits its a fun breezy game but nothing special but the post game worlds are insanely good and the post game is much bigger than the main story. So my advice to everyone is to not just stop after beating Bowser because the real fun begins after the main game with a post game that just keeps heaping on amazing levels.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,954 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Played it and loved it.

It's a weird game in that up to the credits its a fun breezy game but nothing special but the post game worlds are insanely good and the post game is much bigger than the main story. So my advice to everyone is to not just stop after beating Bowser because the real fun begins after the main game with a post game that just keeps heaping on amazing levels.
    Unlocking Crown World is some bull****, though. All greenies, all flags and all stamps. T'was, as mammy often said, some pain in the hooooop. There's rewarding completionists and then there's just being an arsehole.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,840 ✭✭✭Greyfox

I have, bought it for the wii u and as its a better game than mario oddessy or galaxy i will be buying it again.

Advertisement