Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best app for word doc / apple pencil

Options
  • 10-02-2021 12:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭

I have just gotten a new ipad air and apple pencil. At work i have a word doc template that is used to complete session notes. I’d like to try and use the apple pencil for this rather than typing on the ipad...its easier to jot notes down during the session than type. I’ve been playing around with pages and i like that it converts my handwriting to text, but i found that it is a bit tricky with sometimes deleting sentences of text or inserting the sentence in the wrong place.

Any ideas which apps to try? If they turn the writing to text even better.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Leftwaffe

mel.b wrote: »
    I have just gotten a new ipad air and apple pencil. At work i have a word doc template that is used to complete session notes. I’d like to try and use the apple pencil for this rather than typing on the ipad...its easier to jot notes down during the session than type. I’ve been playing around with pages and i like that it converts my handwriting to text, but i found that it is a bit tricky with sometimes deleting sentences of text or inserting the sentence in the wrong place.

Any ideas which apps to try? If they turn the writing to text even better.

GoodNotes or notability are excellent note taking apps. Use GoodNotes 5 myself and couldn’t ask for anything better. Look into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

Leftwaffe wrote: »
    GoodNotes or notability are excellent note taking apps. Use GoodNotes 5 myself and couldn’t ask for anything better. Look into it.

Thanks. I tried noteability. One of the main uses i have will be filling out a word template that has large boxes on it. I need the ability to make these boxes bigger if needed. Do you know if goodnotes will do that? Noteability won’t. The only ones so far are pages, but that has issues as above and the word app, which doesn’t convert the handwriting to text.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Leftwaffe

mel.b wrote: »
    Thanks. I tried noteability. One of the main uses i have will be filling out a word template that has large boxes on it. I need the ability to make these boxes bigger if needed. Do you know if goodnotes will do that? Noteability won’t. The only ones so far are pages, but that has issues as above and the word app, which doesn’t convert the handwriting to text.

You cannot edit a word file in GoodNotes afaik. You could create a modified version of your template then insert the shapes manually in GoodNotes using the shape tool. Then write inside them.

Advertisement