Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Saorview JVC LT-39C770(B) Model

• 10-02-2021 1:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭

How do I get Saorview channels?

I have a JVC Smart TV so i assume its already saorview approved TV?

I've moved into a house for a while with no TV package(i.e no sky, virgin, etc).

When i scan for channels on TV nothing nothin comes up, factory resets etc have been tried. I got a cheap indoor aerial\antenna that ive plugged into the TV, i know the reception will be relatively crap but there are no channels found at all

Could it be that TV isn't saorview approved and i need to get a saorview box?

There is an outdoor aerial on the roof but I'd prefer not to go at that as its not my house and ill only be here a few weeks.
    Many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,040 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Indoor aerials are useless unless you are in a stong reception area ....... such as close to a transmitter.
    I am not surprised that you get no reception, but as you did not give location or distance from transmitter no one can tell.

You could try placing the aerial at a window facing the transmitter to see if it would improve reception.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭franciscanpunk

Yeah i expected the indoor aerial to be rubbish but though i might have got something, I'm in the midlands the realise there were no transmittors anywhere nearby.

At the risk of sounding stupid, there is a slot on the wall that looks like a coaxial cable goes into beside where a tv used to be. I guess this is connected to the aerial on the roof, how do i check? Just connect it the tv and see what happens

its an older house that im just staying in for a couple of weeks so ive a mobile broadband router that connected to the smart tv to stream netflix etc but would be great to get the basic rte chanels too. I can stream the rte player but unfortunately rte player not fit for purpose

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,040 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

At the risk of sounding stupid, there is a slot on the wall that looks like a coaxial cable goes into beside where a tv used to be. I guess this is connected to the aerial on the roof, how do i check? Just connect it the tv and see what happens

If the socket takes a standard aerial plug then I would try it.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭franciscanpunk

The indoor aerial was good for something in the end after some playing around with it. have rte 2, VM1, VM2, rte news n. a couple of other bits like radio station....rte 1 seems to not want to appear!

Advertisement