Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forum Ban

Options
  • 10-02-2021 2:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27,163 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

I have been banned from the Golf forum by slave1 for this post
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=116210126#post116210126

I have tried contacting them twice for details (since I only received the generic ban msg) but have yet to receive a reply despite them being online and actively posting since my PMs.

I'm questioning the severity of the action and why I have (yet again) been singled out for special behaviour on this forum. I don't believe there has been a forum ban given out for replying to a moderator in the lifetime of the forum?

In any case, assuming that I was banned for arguing with a moderator on thread (as above, I have yet to be given any indication as to why I was banned) I dispute this. I replied to their edit of my own post clarifying the point of my post.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,655 ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

I'll make the CMods aware GreeBo. In the meantime, give the moderator a chance to reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,163 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Cheers, thanks mike_ie!

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,291 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

The mod has advised me you have not PM'd them Greebo.

Could you please re-send any messages you believe you have sent

Thanks

I have resent the first message that I believe I sent yesterday.

542902.jpg

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,291 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Thanks - I'll make sure he has it. Could you give him a bit of time to respond

• Advertisement

Sure

Mod has responded and after 1 reply they are unwilling to engage further so I am requesting a CMod to review please.

slave1 wrote:
    This PM'ing has the capacity to roll on which I would prefer to avoid.

• Administrators Posts: 53,829 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Can you paste the entire PM conversation here please?

Hi GreeBo,

The mod forwarded the PMs onto me.

Firstly, it's in the golf charter that questioning mod actions on thread is a 1 week ban. Secondly, the post below:
    GreeBo wrote: »
    Mod has responded and after 1 reply they are unwilling to engage further so I am requesting a CMod to review please.

Having now read the PMs, I think you've unfairly misrepresented the replies from the mod by taking this one sentence out of context of the rest of their reply. slave1 has given you at least 2 substantial replies to your queries.

I am going to uphold this one. You can appeal to admin if you want to take this further.

Cheers,
    awec

awec wrote: »
    Hi GreeBo,

The mod forwarded the PMs onto me.

Firstly, it's in the golf charter that questioning mod actions on thread is a 1 week ban. Secondly, the post below:
    If your opinion is that a 1 week ban is a suitable and proportional response then yes I would like an admin to review please. I would be eager to see any evidence to backup that this reaction is normal, typical and indeed warranted?

Having been the person that created that charter and specifically that section I can categorically tell you that this is not the case.
    Having now read the PMs, I think you've unfairly misrepresented the replies from the mod by taking this one sentence out of context of the rest of their reply. slave1 has given you at least 2 substantial replies to your queries.

I respectfully disagree, I was effectively allowed to send him 1 PM before I was told that he didn't want to get into an exchange.
    If the first step of the DRP is to attempt resolution via talking to the mod, I do not see how this is possible within 1 exchange? Would you have taken that response as an invitation to continue further dialogue?
    I am going to uphold this one. You can appeal to admin if you want to take this further.
    As above yes I would like an admin review please.

• Advertisement

Can an admin please review this one?

GreeBo wrote: »
    If your opinion is that a 1 week ban is a suitable and proportional response then yes I would like an admin to review please.
    As you were around when most of that charter was written there is little doubt you know of that rule. We have discussed previously your trolling of the current mods and your post here is yet another example of it

1 week ban upheld, but one further word here., Any more trolling of the Golf mods and I will ban you permanently from the forum

Resolved

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement