Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anker Powercore + 26800

Options
  • 10-02-2021 3:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭

Hi there. Looking for some help re an issue I’m having with this model powerbank. I am now on my second unit which is a replacement for the first. The device is 26800mah capacity and charges via usb c. It comes with a 45w plug and needs a high capacity cable. It can also be charged via the plug and cable from Nintendo switch.

My first unit worked fine until it was left unused for three weeks and completely discharged. After this is wouldn’t recharge despite trying various plugs and cables. Anker kindly supplied me with a replacement and said they were unaware of any issues.

Just to note I have two other high capacity banks from xiaomi and regardless of full discharge or down to less than 10%, they always charge afterwards.

So due to working from home I left the powerbank unused for two weeks and once again it fully discharged. I went to charge it yesterday and it’s dead. I even left it in for 12 hours and despite the unit being warm to touch, there is no charge. I’ve checked the online support forums and some suggested reset via cable loop. My unit has two usb a and one usb c . The loop didn’t reset it.

I emailed anker again and they want to send me another replacement unit. But it’s clearly a design fault. I know they are designed for regular use but two weeks is not a long time to go unused. Has anyone had similar issues. They are over 100 each and it seems a waste that I can’t use them. Thanks in advance.

Advertisement