Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ban from current affairs.

• 10-02-2021 4:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,448 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,
    I got banned from current affairs (only a 1 day ban so not a big issue).
    But what I do have an issue is with Necro who decided my comment of
    "travellers have changed a lot from your grandads time to the scum that now exist.
    Now he'd load his shotgun and tell them to move their ass".

Somehow he's turned this into me saying I was called for travellers to be shot and banned me.
    At not point in my post did I mention shooting whatsoever or even refer to it in the slightest pretext.
    This is a prime example of a mod overstepping their remit and this post does not break any boards rules from the link he posted me.
    I'd like this ban reversed on matter of principal.

Thank you

PM between us.
    Re: You have been banned
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Blazer
    That is an absolute rubbish ban and you know it.
    It doesn’t break any of the boards rules.

Calling for the shooting of Travellers? I'd very very much disagree on that sentiment.

Comments

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

Feedback is for sitewide feedback issues, I have moved your thread to the Dispute Resolution forum which is specifically for appealing bans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,655 ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

Evening Blazer,

the first step in this process is to try and engage in a meaningful PM exchange with the moderator in question to red and resolve this. I'm not convinced the above PM exchange meets that criteria.

Contact the mod again, properly this time, and if you both still can't resolve things, I'll bump it to the CMods to take a look.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,448 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

thanks guys.

Blazer - I just spoke to the mod in question and they said that you have both since resolved the issue via PM. If you can confirm here, I'll close this off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,448 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Yes you can close. All sorted out and thanks to Necro.

• Advertisement

Cheers, both of you. Marking as resolved.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement