Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bathroom refurbishment costs

Options
  • 10-02-2021 4:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭

We are thinking of getting our bathroom (en-suite) refurbished and are wondering how much to budget for such a project.

What we need to do is as below.
    1. Replace the floor (with something damp proof in under). Not sure what material exactly yet.
    2. Replace the bath and tile around 3 sides of it (like-for-like)
    3. Install a shower (and tiles around it). No major plumbing work needed as there are old fittings which I'm pretty sure we can re-use.
    4. Move sink slightly, maybe 30cm
    5. Replace toilet.
    6. Adding a built in dehumidifier. There should be electrics, etc for this but we need to think about the outlet from it.

We will do the painting, etc ourselves. Structurally, the room is fine so don't see any need for plastering, etc.

Anyone able to give a rough cost of how much this would cost? I know fittings etc are all dependent on the standard of what you buy.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,612 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

We got a load of quotes last year. I'd say 6500-8500 depending on finish availability etc. We had a little more done now which added a bit in terms of labour time and had an electrician in doing stuff too

Got some cheaper quotes but they seemed a bit too good to be true.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭PhilOssophy

Thanks Weepsie, yeah I'd not be going for the lowest bidder. That was along the lines we were expecting to pay tbh.

What standard of materials would you get for that cost? We'd be looking at middle of the road stuff I would think.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭misc2013

Weepsie wrote: »
    We got a load of quotes last year. I'd say 6500-8500 depending on finish availability etc. We had a little more done now which added a bit in terms of labour time and had an electrician in doing stuff too

Got some cheaper quotes but they seemed a bit too good to be true.

???? Tell me this is Dublin. We want to do similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 briangu73

That estimate is pretty accurate. Just had our ensuite done in Dublin - total cost came in just under €8k . To give you an idea of what was included:

1. Ripped out old tiles - replaced with new tiles and some wood panels along walls.
    2. New shower / shower door / shower valves
    3. New sink / vanity unit
    4. Retained existing toilet in same position
    5. Retained same door.
    6. Fixtures and fittings
    7 Electric pads and thermometer for underfloor heating - worth it i think

Labor and installation was around €3.5k - no complaints here either.

I could have done it for a little cheaper if we had not had vanity unit made bespoke and used tiles instead of wood panels but I am happy with both.

Good luck on the upgrade -:)

Advertisement