Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Creme Eggs all year around

• 10-02-2021 6:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭nails1

Why not Cadburys? I’m sure you’d sell more eggs 12 months a year rather than 3 or 4. Everyone loves them and do be devo when they disappear

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭lucalux

nails1 wrote: »
    Why not Cadburys? I’m sure you’d sell more eggs 12 months a year rather than 3 or 4. Everyone loves them and do be devo when they disappear

Scarcity I think. As in, if they were available all year round the shine might go off them?

Because they’re shïte.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,095 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

The Creme Hens’ breeding season is December to March.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,566 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

At 200+ calories an egg, I don't know if that's a good idea. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭piwyudo0fhn57b

Just the way it is

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,549 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

If they were the old style Creme Egg I'd agree, but the fake chocolate and overly sweet fondant in the abominations you get now are a poor imitation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭Akesh

Kraft have destroyed the last bit of taste in Cadburys chocolate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,530 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Because they’re shïte.

Sickly sweet sh1t filling. Gah.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭AllForIt

I used to love taking the foil off a cream egg and flatting it out eliminating as many creases as possible without tearing it.

because type-2 diabetes cases would go through the roof.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,841 ✭✭✭buried

You can get them at Christmas in those 'Heroes' 'tins'. They're called 'Creme Egg Twisters'. They're also $hite.

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

I buy one creme egg a year. One. Just on the off chance they've switched back to making them delicious like they were years ago.

They currently taste like ovoids of feces, liberally stuffed with the pus infected smegma of lucifer himself.

They're far too sweet no thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,295 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

If they weren't scarce, we have tons left uneaten and then they'd start to hatch... and eat us.

“’How do you eat yours?’ they say to each other, and laugh. ‘How do you eat yours?’”

https://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/health/millions-of-unsold-creme-eggs-about-to-hatch-20160113105284

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭.anon.

I must have eaten 50201600 Creme Eggs already this year. All year round? No thank you, I'm sweet borderline diabetic enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

They’re out at Halloween too.

They probably knew the periodic sales outweigh the continuous availability.

Mini Eggs are the real stars.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 884 ✭✭✭_Godot_

They stop selling them to save me from myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,676 ✭✭✭mondeo

Egg shaped cavities, horrendously sweet. You wouldn't have teeth left in your head. I personally hate them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Sonic the Shaghog

Just the way it is

Aye the creme egg was a made man and Cadburys wasn't. There was nothin that could be done

• Registered Users Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭Shlippery

.anon. wrote: »
    I must have eaten 50201600 Creme Eggs already this year. All year round? No thank you, I'm sweet borderline diabetic enough.

Aha, I see you've also tried to scan a creme egg at one point in your life. It's burned into the back of my mind from years ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭Idle Passerby

I have never been able to fathom why anyone would want to put that disgusting white and yellow sugary goo into their mouth. Puke!

Shlippery wrote: »
    Aha, I see you've also tried to scan a creme egg at one point in your life. It's burned into the back of my mind from years ago.

Glad someone got the reference.
    I have never been able to fathom why anyone would want to put that disgusting white and yellow sugary goo into their mouth. Puke!

I love putting that delicious white and yellow sugary goo into my mouth. More accurately, I like to bite the top off it and lick it out until the chocolate starts to melt and give way. At this point, I shove the whole thing into my mouth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,833 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

They are awkward yokes. But tasty, should put the flavored gooo in a bar, less of a messy, pain in the cerebellum to eat... just a Cadbury’s creme bar.

Strumms wrote: »
    They are awkward yokes. But tasty, should put the flavored gooo in a bar, less of a messy, pain in the cerebellum to eat... just a Cadbury’s creme bar.

They've released that as a special edition before.

10283982-6744731-image-m-33_1551138405203.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

Oh no i.hate them. They kill my teeth and.theyre yuck anyway:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭fatknacker

They’re pure muck, I can’t imagine why anyone would enjoy them now

I remember back in the day tongue fking the gooey bit out of the choco shell but now it’s just sandpapery sugar with gross sugary chocolate around it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭wingnut

Have to feel sorry for going people today who never experienced old Cadburys when they were focused on quality over quantity.

Yeah, liked them when they were creamy instead of gritty.

Never saw those creme egg bars though fukkk, might need to try.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

This hasn't received enough praise.
    POTY territory right here.

Anyone that works/worked in retail knows the pain!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

I really like the Mini Eggs personally.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

I loved them when I was younger, but either me or the eggs changed. Tried one a few years back and was super disappointed. Now they are too sweet, I could feel the crunch of the sugar crystals as I ate it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

They've released that as a special edition before.

10283982-6744731-image-m-33_1551138405203.jpg

I don't think they ever made it to Ireland ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

They do it cos its profitable.

With what they do now, they have a captive market. They sell Creme Eggs at Creme Egg time and they don't have to compete with the other stuff on the market.

Creme Eggs are priced about 50% more expensive than the other stuff on the market, so even if they only sell 75% of the creme eggs they would otherwise sell year-round, they're making a bigger profit than making them always available at a cheaper price.

Creme eggs are disgusting, even before Kraft got a hold of Cadburys, they were rank.

I used to hang around with a fella who had 3 sisters. He'd always get a creme egg when we were watching a film in his gaff or whatever. One day, it was just me and him and we rented Last Action Hero (no idea how I remembered that, I think its because we had to pick something 'girly' for the sisters). We went around to the shops to get some munch and he got a lion bar or something. I asked if he was not into the eggs any more and he told me that he was never mad into them in the first place.

"Why d'ya get them all the time then?"
    "It's the only chocolate you can get that nobody ever asks you for a bite. When you get one then you have it to yourself, and don't have to share it with anyone"

jester77 wrote: »
    I loved them when I was younger, but either me or the eggs changed. Tried one a few years back and was super disappointed. Now they are too sweet, I could feel the crunch of the sugar crystals as I ate it.

Yeah, instead of creamy they are super gritty, gluey and meh.

The old adage... if it’s not broken, don’t try to fix it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,706 ✭✭✭Montage of Feck

I want coconut moro's, stuff your proxy eggs up your hole. :P

🙈🙉🙊

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

I want coconut moro's, stuff your proxy eggs up your hole. :P

Those were the business, at one time, not sure if it was before or after the moro version they were called Boost.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,524 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

Creme eggs are disgusting, even before Kraft got a hold of Cadburys, they were rank.

I used to hang around with a fella who had 3 sisters. He'd always get a creme egg when we were watching a film in his gaff or whatever. One day, it was just me and him and we rented Last Action Hero (no idea how I remembered that, I think its because we had to pick something 'girly' for the sisters). We went around to the shops to get some munch and he got a lion bar or something. I asked if he was not into the eggs any more and he told me that he was never mad into them in the first place.

"It's the only chocolate you can get that nobody ever asks you for a bite. When you get one then you have it to yourself, and don't have to share it with anyone"

He's not wrong
    Nothing worse than scroungers bumping your chocolate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,305 ✭✭✭✭branie2

I like them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,795 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Fair logic. I assume he is the CEO of a Fortune 500 company these days?

• Advertisement
Advertisement