Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Replace dishwasher outpipe/hose

• 10-02-2021 6:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭

Hi

Can anyone point me in the right direction of how to do this please?
    It's the pipe (hose) that looks like a slinky toy.
    There's a hole on the pipe where it was bent and the water is leaking.
    Duct tape is not holding it.

I can see the the end of pipe(hose) is inside the dishwasher.
    Do you need to remove the bottom panel to get at it?
    Or can you get some sort of insert for the pipe and replace the bit with the hole.

It's a Beko dishwasher and just out of warranty.

The "in" water pipe had two cracks on it and replaced it.

Any advice appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

There is probably a spring clip holding it onto the water pump. If you hold this with a pliers it will come off and you can remove the tube.

You might get away with reversing the tube around if the split is near the pump, or get an old hose from a recycling center / WEEE drop off point etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭ellejay

Thanks for your reply Dublin Dilbert.
    The split is right in the middle of the hose.
    so looks like I need a whole new hose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

that's a strange place, I would try and Tek7 on a patch and tape over that, should keep you going for now. If you can put a sleeve over it even better and some TEK7.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 605 ✭✭✭upupup

Get a new drain hose.If you cut your hose where it is split,it may fit into the new drain hose so you may not need to take off the original hose.
    https://www.screwfix.ie/p/washing-machine-drain-hose-2-5m-x-21mm/71062

that's a strange place, I would try and Tek7 on a patch and tape over that, should keep you going for now. If you can put a sleeve over it even better and some TEK7.

It's on the bend of the hose.
    It looks to me that the wrong plastic was used to make the hose and the hose isn't flexible enough to withstand the bend.

• Advertisement

upupup wrote: »
    Get a new drain hose.If you cut your hose where it is split,it may fit into the new drain hose so you may not need to take off the original hose.
    https://www.screwfix.ie/p/washing-machine-drain-hose-2-5m-x-21mm/71062

I might try that first before I take the back off the dishwasher, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Lantern Jaw

I repair dishwashers regularly in the commercial end of things, id often use a latex glove and insulating tape if stuck temporarily on the drain hose. Will do the job fine while waiting on replacement hose

Advertisement