Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liveline Valentine: Roses are red, violations are blue, do be, do be do be do.

Comments

2smiggy wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/NaomiOhReally/status/1366693397654876161

Unfortunately Duffy is not one of the banned names , otherwise could have been interesting tomorrow

Duffy would not want to go near likes of Pontins. This is more like his style of holiday camp, so to speak:

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886ab1232a94a70cb2a9346326d1ae17d352499992b&rid=giphy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,497 ✭✭✭KevRossi

Cat Soup is traditional in Switzerland :(

This is nonsense. It's an interesting mix of one of those laws that were never properly codified and Russian propaganda from the 1950's.

Law in Switzerland bans sale of cats and dogs for food, alive or dead, masting cats and dogs to be sold fpr food, or any professional be it butcher or chef preparing one.

Law forgot to mention what happens to your own pet, so by law you can skin, prepare and eat your own pet after it does of natural causes or is put down for humane reasons. It is believed that 100-200 people do this every year, mostly in very rural areas of Uri and Grisons. It's partly a tradition of good luck for the animals spirit, though nobody has a definitive answer as to how or when it started.

Law allowed pubs and restaurants to sell cats and dogs as food until around WW2, but they had to have a permanent sign over each door to the premises saying that they did this. Not good for trade, so it died out around 1910.

USSR ran a story in the 1950's about how wealthy capitalist Switzerland was forced to slaughter cats and dogs to eat as they were starving. This was, of course bollicks.

A fairly radical vegetarian group came out with something a few years back that 3% of the Swiss eat their pets, but they never put up any evidence when challenged.

So rest easy Catmaniac, the Swiss do not eat Cat Soup. They do some fairly perverted things that I have personally witnessed, but cat/dog cuisine is not up there.

KevRossi wrote: »
    This is nonsense. It's an interesting mix of one of those laws that were never properly codified and Russian propaganda from the 1950's.

Law in Switzerland bans sale of cats and dogs for food, alive or dead, masting cats and dogs to be sold fpr food, or any professional be it butcher or chef preparing one.

Law forgot to mention what happens to your own pet, so by law you can skin, prepare and eat your own pet after it does of natural causes or is put down for humane reasons. It is believed that 100-200 people do this every year, mostly in very rural areas of Uri and Grisons. It's partly a tradition of good luck for the animals spirit, though nobody has a definitive answer as to how or when it started.

Law allowed pubs and restaurants to sell cats and dogs as food until around WW2, but they had to have a permanent sign over each door to the premises saying that they did this. Not good for trade, so it died out around 1910.

USSR ran a story in the 1950's about how wealthy capitalist Switzerland was forced to slaughter cats and dogs to eat as they were starving. This was, of course bollicks.

A fairly radical vegetarian group came out with something a few years back that 3% of the Swiss eat their pets, but they never put up any evidence when challenged.

So rest easy Catmaniac, the Swiss do not eat Cat Soup. They do some fairly perverted things that I have personally witnessed, but cat/dog cuisine is not up there.

ad_153425502.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&w=600

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

sligojoek wrote: »
    I could add a few more names to that list.

Elliott ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

KevRossi wrote: »
    This is nonsense. It's an interesting mix of one of those laws that were never properly codified and .......

Hmmmmm

Very Interesting

How is KevRossi so very up in so much of the detail of this ? :confused:

:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

giphy.gif

Genuine question - is that lady in Schitt's Creek?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

I can’t!

But it was doing the rounds in the last few weeks on what’s app.....I surely can’t be the only one who got this?

Piddle off butters and tell us, we don’t know. Come on

vicwatson wrote: »

Piddle off butters and tell us, we don’t know. Come on

I’ve told a few. I’m too tired now to regale you. Maybe one of the others would be so kind......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

I’ve told a few. I’m too tired now to regale you. Maybe one of the others would be so kind......

Be like that so 😄

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

545622.jpeg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,168 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

Genuine question - is that lady in Schitt's Creek?

yes !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,168 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

no doubt the gathering of students in College Court in UL will be a topic on the show today ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭bmorrissey

no doubt the gathering of students in College Court in UL will be a topic on the show today ?

Anything would be better than Gordan Elliots shenanigans again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,669 ✭✭✭✭zell12

compared to the birthday celebration by travellers in a cemetery a few days ago?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,373 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886b03dd7f1f1ae5460e77359f7c30346fd31eee4e5&rid=giphy.gif

Mattress Mick about two sibling deaths on Mirror front page
    https://www.dublinlive.ie/news/dublin-news/mattress-mick-brother-covid19-death-19952461

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭djemba djemba

Has anyone written a poem for the horse yet

Ridden as he lay flat on de floor
    His rider had udder fillies to score
    De stakes were high
    He wasn't shy
    But one of de fillies then went to war.

- On offer to de Phoenix Annual 2021 for a small fee.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,855 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

The way things are going if I catch a nicely sized fish this summer and take a photo of it in my 'murderous' hands the woke brigade will send me to the electrical chair so to speak.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,076 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

The way things are going if I catch a nicely sized fish this summer and take a photo of it in my 'murderous' hands the woke brigade will send me to the electrical chair so to speak.

Shocking!

It mightn't be all about you and de fish, though ;)

any jokes yet?

fryup wrote: »
    any jokes yet?

Yeah.

Joe Duffy is a hard working man of the people.

Interesting comment on one of the other radio threads.....there’s now no male presenters on 2fm between 7am and 7pm on weekdays.

How very woke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

I'd say Joe's fair pissed off he backed a loser with E McD. He'd been getting the " wonderful wonderful fantastic fantastic" treatment from Joe for a good while now. Having him on as a kind of woke correspondent from time to time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭bmorrissey

Interesting comment on one of the other radio threads.....there’s now no male presenters on 2fm between 7am and 7pm on weekdays.

How very woke.

And still no actual DJs on the station in general, with the exception of Jenny Greene, i dont like her style of music but she is head and shoulders above the rest of them on weekdays on 2fm

fryup wrote: »
    any jokes yet?

as in GE jokes

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

mod note

As with other radio threads, please no more chat about Eoin McD at this point

pc7 wrote: »
    mod note

As with other radio threads, please no more chat about Eoin McD at this point

Who? :pac:

Anyone guess wat will be on de promo in a few minutes?

My guess...

De horse
    Bank of Oireland
    De stew dents in Limerick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,251 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Anyone guess wat will be on de promo in a few minutes?

Pain and suffering and brow tugging?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Horsies of da trubbles
    Category A student criminals
    John McGuirk's slip up on PrimeTime and the tremendous hurt he caused (not the substance of what the chap was saying)

Bizzzzzaaaaaar development Jesuits Fr Joseph Marmion a paedophile. Anudder priest with exact same name :eek: who is innocent.

Poncy Pansy Scheme - easy money, pyramid scheme victims.

Gordon Elliott & dead horse - some people care about their animals, from yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

Today?

Bizzare development with the abuse carried out by a Jesuit priest. Hes dead 21 years. The family of another priest of the same name in touch as he is getting abuse. He also died at the same time.

Ponzi scheme - Pansy scheme! POTENTIAL GOLD!!!!!

De ded horse. Nothing about the salt a dee erts shameful animal abuse in ballyer.

I hope the show will be item 2. But fear that its going to be a litany of callers recalling abuse they suffered.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭Red Fred

Two dead priests with the same name. One was a paedophile the other wasn't. Bizarre. Make sure you aim your abuse at the right one.

Pansy pyramid scheme.

One man and his (dead) horse,

Plenty of horsesh!t guaranteed today

BELEVDERE - where Joe's beauriful bhoys went to skool and dat. Coincidence of course. A paedophile story no less, but not the one people are actually talking about.
    Ponzi Pansy Scheme so to speak - don't do it so to speak.
    Gordon Elliott and dat.

De State-sponsored disinformation campaign is in full swing so to speak.

• Advertisement

Sir Oxman wrote: »
    Horsies of da trubbles
    Category A student criminals
    John McGuirk's slip up on PrimeTime and the tremendous hurt he caused (not the substance of what the chap was saying)

Oh? Tell me more?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,251 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

On Wednersedayes show....
    • Jaysus Jesuit pedrophile imposters. We talk to the family of another Fr Marmion.

• Poncy Pansie Peeramid skeems are a blooming. Lash in your PUP and be sold a pup.

• Joe ain't Hoarse on this on; yet more about Gordon Elliot.

Find out just how much of the show will be off the peg at 1:45 today....

mqdefault.jpg

BELEVDERE - where Joe's beauriful bhoys went to skool and dat. Coincidence of course. A paedophile story no less, but not the one people are actually talking about.
    Ponzi Pansy Scheme so to speak - don't do it so to speak.
    Gordon Elliott and dat.

De State-sponsored disinformation campaign is in full swing so to speak.

I think I might know something about what was going on in Belvedere. A professional friend of my father had a son at Belvedere, who was abused, and my father, bring an old Blackrock boy, got him out of that school and into Blackrock immediately. Not sure about actual sexual abuse, but the priest/teacher had taken half the boys ear off, and Dad said there was a terrible story behind it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭Red Fred

Pain and suffering and brow tugging?

It might not be his brow that Joe will be tugging so to speak.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Oh? Tell me more?

Ah nothing really bar the surprise of seeing John McGuirk on RTE.
    He juxtaposed the presence of the group responsible for the death of Lyra McKee with 'far left' protesters oustide the Dail a while back versus the RTE narrative that the 'far right' = every one of the thousands of protestors in Dublin on Saturday.
    He said Eirigi instead of Saoradh, corrected it today and conveniently the substance of what he was debating is lost!
    PS the Primetime chairwoman was woeful!

It's at this point I have to state i have no affiliation with any political grouping or nutty fringes, I'm fed up of lockdown but understand why (sort of)
    This is to fend off accusations of being hitler/ a fascist/ a nazi because I may have said or even just thought oh, that chap McGuirk made a good point! :pac:
    (c) 2021 Disclaimer Notice

Just now, I stumbled upon Ray(Ray is a fitness instructor, not our favourite Sound desk Engineer) and O'Se, which is a 15 minute fitness regime on RTE One.

I actually found the 15 minute segment useful. Not something I often say about anything RTE make.

However, my point is, publicising it in one of Joes many advert breaks would serve much better purpose than advertising Ray Dacry who is coming on afterwards anyway.

And yes, Daithi O'Se doesnt so much have a face for radio, more like a voice for some kind of Braille booklet. Even so, I found the progamme useful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

PRIEST CHAT FROM DE 60'S 70'S 80'S 90'S 2 00'S AND 2 10'S

withless wrote: »
    PRIEST CHAT FROM DE 60'S 70'S 80'S 90'S 2 00'S AND 2 10'S

Joe loves those. To Joe, a priest is like a phone operator, only one step away from a graveyard.

Just now, I stumbled upon Ray(Ray is a fitness instructor, not our favourite Sound desk Engineer) and O'Se, which is a 15 minute fitness regime on RTE One.

I actually found the 15 minute segment useful. Not something I often say about anything RTE make.

However, my point is, publicising it in one of Joes many advert breaks would serve much better purpose than advertising Ray Dacry who is coming on afterwards anyway.

And yes, Daithi O'Se doesnt so much have a face for radio, more like a voice for some kind of Braille booklet. Even so, I found the progamme useful.

They can do things well....unfortunately they pour 90% of the resources and fees into things they do poorly and Alan Partridge-esque presenters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

Sir Oxman wrote: »

So I guess that this means another massive payout by RTE? And John McGuirk on a 30 second delay for any future interview.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

Honestly how come this Davy story or the story about any of the banks in recent days are not covered on Liveline. Liveline is not meant for discussing a man sitting on a dead horse, it's supposed to be for greater social issues.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement