Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liveline Valentine: Roses are red, violations are blue, do be, do be do be do.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,682 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

PieOhMy wrote: »
    Gusher!

careful now some wud be wamt dat on only fans

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭bmorrissey

you knew exactly what you were doing the last 3 days with your comments Joe...pig

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭FrKurtFahrt

Condescending twat!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

Duffy the destroyer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 764 ✭✭✭Bif

Mayday, Mayday, Mayday....more castdown-ness!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Being all nice to her now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,858 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Warning at the end of show, if you have been affected bouy, please call 1850....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭tupenny

Kinda should rethink your life entertaining sh1t like that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,267 ✭✭✭Kalimah

Cast down, lol, how is he allowed use that term on RTE?
    It's downcast Duffy you moron. Cast down is a completely different thing.

• Advertisement

Katie legend tears then punches joe in balls

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,069 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

There are some fine specimens out there.
    What kind of creep sends obnoxious messages to the entrants? If there's a beef, it's the organisers that deserve the ire.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

Joe: Katie what do you think of the rule?

Katie cries

Joe: Katie it's the sponsors who should answer this question, not you.

JOE YOU TROLLED HER

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭mountain

Shameful bullying from Joe,

disgraceful

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Dan Jaman wrote: »
    There are some fine specimens out there.
    What kind of creep sends obnoxious messages to the entrants? If there's a beef, it's the organisers that deserve the ire.

There are some absolute loons online, really can bring out the worse in people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,858 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

The show has singlehandedly destroyed the brand now as nobody will touch it to advertise on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

have you anyone dare with you petal

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭TheHomeService

Katie Cooley.

Not a very woke name.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Joe you constantly troll us in here, promise only fans and don't deliver

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,251 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

He's going to the last break earlier than usual today. What's up?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭golondrinas

shearforce wrote: »
    some rich minger could be miss ireland, that's brilliant

Someone on only fans who earns more than Joe per month. There’s your winner.

• Advertisement

Jag is revved up and ready to go, still reckon he'll play out with the song

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭Expunge

Back peddling furiously....
    Don't be cast down now, dja heeeer me?

Duffy and producers dealing with unintended consequences. Young wans being hassled onlion. He lit the torches and raised the pitchforks and now he's queasy.

Bullying a young girl to tears has the producers worried.

Cast down, lol, how is he allowed use that term on RTE?

He's a creative type...artist, writer etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭bmorrissey

Lost for time, he had to cut from that last woman earlier than planned as he was an absolute knob

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,673 ✭✭✭✭zell12

An ad for RTE feedback!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭mumo3

Joe: Let no one criticise ye!!

That's all Joe has done all week and has pushed that poor girl to the edge.
    He's clearly instigated those people who are sending messages :mad:

pc7 wrote: »
    Joe you constantly troll us in here, promise only fans and don't deliver

It doesn't seem to have gained traction, so to speak.

2 people cried on today's show. Amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Alfred123

Joe shd be reported for this carry on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭StreetLight

Finishes with the fake sympathy voice. Ghoul.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,251 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

bmorrissey wrote: »
    Lost for time, he had to cut from that last woman earlier than planned as he was an absolute knob

Why did he cut her off early? Was she embarrassing him again?

They abandoned a plan to play a song there. Went to a break after signing off. Somethings up.

Rebekah Meehan furiously apologising to katie as we speak the 2 of the bawling crying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,145 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

Expunge wrote: »
    Back peddling furiously....
    Don't be cast down now, dja heeeer me?

Duffy and producers dealing with unintended consequences. Young wans being hassled onlion. He lit the torches and raised the pitchforks and now he's queasy.

At one stage Katie made 4 attempts to speak and Joe just spoke over her each time.

At least there is Ray to look forward to...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

he will be sh1tting himself that Katie will do something silly after this

glorious cast down voice at end on him. made my weekend de bully

giphy.gif?cid=5e21488677kt6yubh1mo3h9oj6u79b2dp5ndus8xhlpb1kz8&rid=giphy.gif

Duffy's (& Tubridy's) type of tears

This is what I don't get when these sort of things blow up in Duffy's face...

There is a series producer of Liveline...... there is (I believe) an Editor of Radio One...... there is a Head of Radio One - all well compensated to reflect the responsibilities of those roles. And yet, we get 3 days of one sided rabble rousing followed by evidence of fall out Duffy (and they) clearly never considered.

Joe Duffy is a contractor - surely he can be directed, ordered and told when to back off, not to sound so one sided for an RTE programme etc.

If my contractor tiler comes to the house to do some work, I'll direct and even order him to do what is needed and wanted and what I don't want.
    This is beyond a joke now.

(I'm not new here etc. etc.)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,021 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

I often wonder (from posts here), if it is HE of the fancy waistcoat and the Childer of the Rising, or the producers who decide on the topics.

I suppose I am being ageist, but whatever, I cannot believe that Nanny and Grandad want to hear about Blue, the lady contests and all the other mind numbing drivel that is on this show anymore.

That is why I don't listen to it anymore. Cue the ads, nothing, nada. Says it all for me anyway.

But I really do enjoy the comments here, it is a diversion, and amusing for the most part. Those who actually listen to this idiot and his production team deserve several medals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,373 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Ah for heavens sake who picks the Eurovision entry each year, seems to be rte and a select in-crowd
    It varies year on year.
    They sometimes have acts on the late late and people vote for their favourite.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Alfred123

This is what I don't get when these sort of things blow up in Duffy's face...

There is a series producer of Liveline...... there is (I believe) an Editor of Radio One...... there is a Head of Radio One - all well compensated to reflect the responsibilities of those roles. And yet, we get 3 days of one sided rabble rousing followed by evidence of fall out Duffy (and they) clearly never considered.

Joe Duffy is a contractor - surely he can be directed, ordered and told when to back off, not to sound so one sided for an RTE programme etc.

If my contractor tiler comes to the house to do some work, I'll direct and even order him to do what is needed and wanted and what I don't want.
    This is beyond a joke now.

(I'm not new here etc. etc.)

Its not only Duffy. Turbidy, D'Arcy .. totally inept .. and on obscenely inflated salaries spoutin absolute sh1te.
    Seems to be a feckless Irish trait. Folk still manage to tune in

Producers, Editors, Heads of depts all have a touch of the of the can't be arsed attitude. Folk tune in, thats good enough

Those who actually listen to this idiot and his production team deserve several medals.

You know, you're dead right. He is an idiot well in over his head frequently. When he was doing funny inserts into the Gay Byrne Show, it was all grand with his Ballyer accent. Just a bit of fun with the grown ups (such as Byrne, whatever you thought of him, still delivering a bit of quality presentation) still in charge.

Now, he's the second highest paid radio presenter in the place and with the price tag has come mighty ego that clearly the producers, Editor of R1 and Head of R1 are struggling to do anything with. Yes, the audience figures are high and everything else can be forgiven, it seems.

A Radio One roster 25 years ago which included Gay Byrne, Marian Finucane (when she was still interested), Pat Kenny etc.

Now? Tubridy, Joe Duffy and Ray D'Arcy. what happened?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,811 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

It is a trait of the bully to pick his battles carefully ie those who he/she perceives to be weaker than them then uses the weapons at their disposal (talking over, cutting them off) to belittle them or their argument, then when the tears come he tells the victim its not their fault (its da big bad trolls) and that they will look after the victim because they the bully were right all along

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

Are these vulgar displays of power becoming more frequent? I'd say they are. Joe getting too big for his boots...

• Advertisement

You know, you're dead right. He is an idiot well in over his head frequently. When he was doing funny inserts into the Gay Byrne Show, it was all grand with his Ballyer accent. Just a bit of fun with the grown ups (such as Byrne, whatever you thought of him, still delivering a bit of quality presentation) still in charge.

Now, he's the second highest paid radio presenter in the place and with the price tag has come mighty ego that clearly the producers, Editor of R1 and Head of R1 are struggling to do anything with. Yes, the audience figures are high and everything else can be forgiven, it seems.

A Radio One roster 25 years ago which included Gay Byrne, Marian Finucane (when she was still interested), Pat Kenny etc.

Now? Tubridy, Joe Duffy and Ray D'Arcy. what happened?

Complacence and the FEAR of actually doing a yearly appraisal maybe?

Few listen to this drivel anymore, it is just not hitting the zeitgeist for anyone anymore AFAIS.

But sure carry on. Has anyone noticed that the commercial ads are largely gone now. Big sign, even with Covid etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,373 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Back to the crepe man with all the parking fines...
    Looks like there isn't a loading Bay...he is just dumping it on footpath...hence all the tickets lol
    https://twitter.com/DublinPedaller/status/1362776155498172417?s=19

Is it just me or has there been a change since the Monday he went ballistic at all comers from both sides about the flowers on sale on supermarket?

Like he was always a ignorant biased and unprofessional etc etc but is it getting worse? Maybe I'm just paying more attention.

Hes been trying to force the only fans topic all week.
    He had two callers crying on the today.
    He accused a construction company of building concentration camps.
    The show had no professional structure today with the parking ticket conversation just randomly started with no introduction or context and seemingly randomly jumped back in and out of. They also clearly played the wrong song over a man who surely has some connection to the show. And accidently played the start of a song to sign off on while talking to another caller. This was then abandoned.

He bullied a young girl to the point of crying today on national radio. Theres been a lot of lows but this is close to the bottom of the barrel. Not joking or generalizing too much but young girls can be particularly wicked towards other young girls and the liveline team have put a target on some girls backs now. Not only this but one girl, who called in, after it being commented on how they get no support from the organisation, was bullied and put on the spot on national radio and forced to defend the organisation by a seasoned broadcaster.

For me its down there with asking a lady who rang in to talk about the sale of alcohol in shops if there was one particular incident which drove her brother to alcoholism...

Questions for the producers here big time.

gmisk wrote: »
    Back to the crepe man with all the parking fines...
    Looks like there isn't a loading Bay...he is just dumping it on footpath...hence all the tickets lol
    https://twitter.com/DublinPedaller/status/1362776155498172417?s=19

I know that coffee shop, once had some lovely lemon cake in it before it closed down for a good while, a number of years I think. It reopened fairly recently as far as I know. Lovely building, absolute prime spot in the "Medieval/Latin quarter". I think he needs to get a dedicated motorcyclist to do the deliveries.

I am going to admit something. Myself and the other half were waiting in Nice Airport a few years ago, and you know how you get the crap food and overpriced bottled water in such places etc.

Anyway on the other side of the table that we found eventually, were the the Three Twins Parents. We nodded, said hello and ignored them after that. I think HE was disgusted, the wife was smiling and all that that, but not him.

I often wonder if I should have engaged, but nah. Glad I didn't now reading all your informative and amusing posts. LOL.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement