Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liveline Valentine: Roses are red, violations are blue, do be, do be do be do.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭bmorrissey

PieOhMy wrote: »

For me its down there with asking a lady who rang in to talk about the sale of alcohol in shops if there was one particular incident which drove her brother to alcoholism...

Jesus i remember that, specifically for the reason that he was discussing the many easy ways an alcoholic can be drove to drink and then only a few days later he was talking about the widget in cans of Guinness while playing multiple audio clips of pints being poured and cans being cracked open etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭djemba djemba

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Clon63

Is it just me or has there been a change since the Monday he went ballistic at all comers from both sides about the flowers on sale on supermarket?

Like he was always a ignorant biased and unprofessional etc etc but is it getting worse? Maybe I'm just paying more attention.

Hes been trying to force the only fans topic all week.
    He had two callers crying on the today.
    He accused a construction company of building concentration camps.
    The show had no professional structure today with the parking ticket conversation just randomly started with no introduction or context and seemingly randomly jumped back in and out of. They also clearly played the wrong song over a man who surely has some connection to the show. And accidently played the start of a song to sign off on while talking to another caller. This was then abandoned.

He bullied a young girl to the point of crying today on national radio. Theres been a lot of lows but this is close to the bottom of the barrel. Not joking or generalizing too much but young girls can be particularly wicked towards other young girls and the liveline team have put a target on some girls backs now. Not only this but one girl, who called in, after it being commented on how they get no support from the organisation, was bullied and put on the spot on national radio and forced to defend the organisation by a seasoned broadcaster.

For me its down there with asking a lady who rang in to talk about the sale of alcohol in shops if there was one particular incident which drove her brother to alcoholism...

Questions for the producers here big time.

Serious post. Totally agree with it though. Something has changed.Maybe he has been told that "changes" are coming.. doubt it though.

Hes mentioned a few times about how the "team" are mainly working from home. It does seem like that and he has free rein to do what he likes and talk to who and about whatever he likes.

Tbat thing tosay about people being devastated and depressed about the "contradiction" between Micheal and Leo was bizarre. They pretty much said the same thing anyway and not one person wanted to talk about it despitehim trying to get several callers to do so. And playing the clips over and over. I missed who the producer was today but whoever it was I think they must be ashamed to be "credited" with producing that today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

I am going to admit something. Myself and the other half were waiting in Nice Airport a few years ago, and you know how you get the crap food and overpriced bottled water in such places etc.

Anyway on the other side of the table that we found eventually, were the the Three Twins Parents. We nodded, said hello and ignored them after that. I think HE was disgusted, the wife was smiling and all that that, but not him.

I often wonder if I should have engaged, but nah. Glad I didn't now reading all your informative and amusing posts. LOL.

Unless you were going to lick his hole he’d have ZERO interest in engaging with you. He’s an incredibly rude man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

his berserk behavior started when the RTE cuts were announced

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,322 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Just listening to the part with Katie.
    She came across as pretty aggressive and defensive from the start really, but Joe Duffy really doesn't do himself any favours, sniggering and he wouldn't let her finish any points whatsoever she was trying to make.
    The waterworks seemed a tad false tbh.
    The "cast down" thing was him clearly backpedaling...lol... embarrassingly obvious..dyahear me!
    He is responsible for her getting trolled though (if that's happening)....can't really deny that!

Personally I am voting for Mickey Murphy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,004 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Well I for one am well and truly out now. Enjoy the comments from those who flagilate themselves. lol.

Unless you were going to lick his hole he’d have ZERO interest in engaging with you. He’s an incredibly rude man.

Agree. he is a prik, but the wife is ok though.

I was never in awe of so called celebrities anyway, they have to perform on the toilet like the rest of us. That keeps me sane.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭TheHomeService

What a difference 1 week makes for "Run with the hare, hunt with the hounds" Duffy:

Joe Duffy, Liveline Friday 12th February 2021

“It’s probably one of the mistakes that was made at Christmas, that people regarded, anyway, this thing that we had to be open at Christmas, we had to be able to. There’s no had to any more. All that had to and have to at this stage is to supress this virus. So days and times …… The only thing meaningful at the moment is life”

Joe Duffy, Liveline Friday 19th February 2021

“That Mayday, Mayday deadline has scared the living lives out of people who have already gone through a horrific year. That means from last March, before St Patrick’s Day, then we had a little bit of a siesta in August. Then a little bit of a knees up at Christmas, even though most people did adhere to it. And then the calamity of January, the calamity, the worst month ever in terms of fatalities”

“70 more days of level 5. That’s 10 weeks. 70 more days of level 5”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,750 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

What a difference 1 week makes for "Run with the hare, hunt with the hounds" Duffy:

Joe Duffy, Liveline Friday 12th February 2021

“It’s probably one of the mistakes that was made at Christmas, that people regarded, anyway, this thing that we had to be open at Christmas, we had to be able to. There’s no had to any more. All that had to and have to at this stage is to supress this virus. So days and times …… The only thing meaningful at the moment is life”

Joe Duffy, Liveline Friday 19th February 2021

“That Mayday, Mayday deadline has scared the living lives out of people who have already gone through a horrific year. That means from last March, before St Patrick’s Day, then we had a little bit of a siesta in August. Then a little bit of a knees up at Christmas, even though most people did adhere to it. And then the calamity of January, the calamity, the worst month ever in terms of fatalities”

“70 more days of level 5. That’s 10 weeks. 70 more days of level 5”

That guy Duffy if he actually said “70 more days of level 5’ should be investigated.

Where did anyone say there would be ‘70 more days of level 5’

I mean , in the middle of a major pandemic, here’s a programme whipping the public into a frenzy, with as I can see, false information.

Paid for out of the public purse.

I would be very concerned if I was a leading figure in NPHET or the HSE or the GOVT? Or any frontline medical people.

I’d be inclined to query the information standards they were using, and where they got their information from.

There would be questions to answer, in my opinion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Clon63

gmisk wrote: »
    She came across as pretty aggressive and defensive from the start really, but Joe Duffy really doesn't do himself any favours, sniggering and he wouldn't let her finish any points whatsoever she was trying to make.
    The "cast down" thing was him clearly backpedaling...lol... embarrassingly obvious..dyahear me!
    He is responsible for her getting trolled though (if that's happening)....can't really deny that!

Agree with yourtake on Katie. I suspect that she was 'briefed' by the organisers and asked to pony up to Joe , so to speak. But Joe was so rude to her and should have predicted the impact of his stance on the issue.

Not sure why anybody would want to get involved in a "competition" like that but each to their own - just like onlyfans. Sure we are all beautiful intelligent people even if we are all not student midwives.

Did learn though that diversity means different hair and eye colout.

Actually thought Joe would be sipportive of the Miss Dublin part of thr contest. Given there are so many Miss Dublin's I assume they are using Joe's approach of letting anybody who wants to be Miss Dublin be Miss Dublin.

I think he thought she was a plant connected with the organisers and letting them have his wrath bai stupidly through her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,107 ✭✭✭✭zell12

That guy Duffy if he actually said “70 more days of level 5’ should be investigated.
    Martin gave an interview on 18 Feb
    https://twitter.com/IrishMirror/status/1362767175711399937

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Back to the crepe man with all the parking fines...
    Looks like there isn't a loading Bay...he is just dumping it on footpath...hence all the tickets lol
    https://twitter.com/DublinPedaller/status/1362776155498172417?s=19

I truly hope his motor insurance company pick up on this

I stopped listening at 2:25. i see de Ballyer Bully made a teenage girl cry - what a class act he is. Don't have time to listen back tonight, will save it for my post eye operation No. 2 recuperation.

Classic Joe - stir the sh*t for a week then deny any culpability when faced with the consequences of said sh*t stirring.

I mean , in the middle of a major pandemic, here’s a programme whipping the public into a frenzy, with as I can see, false information.

Paid for out of the public purse.

I would be very concerned if I was a leading figure in NPHET or the HSE or the GOVT? Or any frontline medical people.

I’d be inclined to query the information standards they were using, and where they got their information from.

There would be questions to answer, in my opinion.

It's like when he caused a run on Nordren bank.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,489 ✭✭✭KevRossi

I've no idea why people are taking Michael Martin so literally on what he said. Nobody knows where we'll be in 6 weeks, let alone 10. All Martin was doing was giving some sort of indication. He said at the beginning it'll be decided on after Easter and it should be left at that.

There could be another mutation on the way that'll put us down into a longer lockdown, so it's hardly Michael Martin's fault* that he cannot give a precise date.

The irony of Duffy last November and December beating a drum for people to come home when we were warned by those in the know that it would cause a mess. He's now complaining about the consequences of the decisions that HE pushed only 10 weeks ago.

*Michael Martin IMO is incompetent, Varadkar is a narcissist and Donnely and Foley are so far out of their depth it's unreal.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,489 ✭✭✭KevRossi

If I was any good at doing videos or TikTok, I'd stick up a collection of Joe Duffy's demands on the government to 'open the doors' as well as his 'we can't get the virus here' quote from 12 months ago and stick it on Twitter, Youtube etc. The fool needs to be called out for what he's doing.

He's like our version of Trump; an ill educated, clueless populist who knows how to twist and manipulate his gullible audience.

I truly hope his motor insurance company pick up on this

He was a bit silly to broadcast on the National airwaves that he is using his private car for business purposes.

• Advertisement

KevRossi wrote: »
    If I was any good at doing videos or TikTok, I'd stick up a collection of Joe Duffy's demands on the government to 'open the doors' as well as his 'we can't get the virus here' quote from 12 months ago and stick it on Twitter, Youtube etc. The fool needs to be called out for what he's doing.

He's like our version of Trump; an ill educated, clueless populist who knows how to twist and manipulate his gullible audience.

It would take a lot of effort, locating the quotes in the first place before assembling and editing them into a video.

I've no idea why people are taking Michael Martin so literally on what he said. Nobody knows where we'll be in 6 weeks, let alone 10. All Martin was doing was giving some sort of indication. He said at the beginning it'll be decided on after Easter and it should be left at that.

There could be another mutation on the way that'll put us down into a longer lockdown, so it's hardly Michael Martin's fault* that he cannot give a precise date.

The irony of Duffy last November and December beating a drum for people to come home when we were warned by those in the know that it would cause a mess. He's now complaining about the consequences of the decisions that HE pushed only 10 weeks ago.

*Michael Martin IMO is incompetent, Varadkar is a narcissist and Donnely and Foley are so far out of their depth it's unreal.

:( Brazil variant now detected here :(

RIP Dr Emer Holohan. Dr Tony won't be paying much attention to Joe at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,679 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

But beauty pageants...

And they may have the quarantine thing in place by summer

I've no idea why people are taking Michael Martin so literally on what he said. Nobody knows where we'll be in 6 weeks, let alone 10. All Martin was doing was giving some sort of indication. He said at the beginning it'll be decided on after Easter and it should be left at that. ..
    Realistically we're facing a lockdown level 5 till the summer (at least). You can see when we eased up in December, a severe spike and pressure on health system. The DailyMail and Indo predicted last December:
    idm-10-768x981.jpgind-17-759x1024.jpg

My friend in Florida & her husband have now lost all their income thanks to the b@stard Covid; she has osteoporosis and is paralysed with back pain upon lying down which is even worse when she tries to get up and move. All their medical insurance is gone and she can't even afford to get an X-ray to check for a spinal fracture :(

• Advertisement

Is she hot, caller?

zell12 wrote: »
    Is she hot, caller?

I'd say she would give you a right disabling fever alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Goodnight Vienna

Will there be an Irish variant soon?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

Dont know if she was necessarily a plant she could have been on a solo run to engratiate herself. Didnt deserve what happened. Hope someone looses some sleep in rte over that fiasco. Mr pillow hopefuly waiting in the wings too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,517 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Will there be an Irish variant soon?

Yes I'm not sure if you would name it by the town or county it was discovered in to make it sound more terrifying.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,667 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

I cannot understand the reluctance 2 close of ireland I'm off 2 lie in a dark room

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭TheHomeService

It would be great if someone did that. I’ve been trying to find the episode where the nurse in the UK was moaning about not being welcome to come home for Christmas, aided and abetted by Duffy. I haven’t found it yet.

I’ll take a look again over the weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

It would be great if someone did that. I’ve been trying to find the episode where the nurse in the UK was moaning about not being welcome to come home for Christmas, aided and abetted by Duffy. I haven’t found it yet.

Do you knoew the date? I might still have it on the hard drive. I block delete them every now and again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,941 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

He was a bit silly to broadcast on the National airwaves that he is using his private car for business purposes.

<shrug>
    Perhaps he's covered. My last several insurance policies covered me for journeys in connection with my business. Not for hire or reward for others, though.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,941 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

My friend in Florida & her husband have now lost all their income thanks to the b@stard Covid; she has osteoporosis and is paralysed with back pain upon lying down which is even worse when she tries to get up and move. All their medical insurance is gone and she can't even afford to get an X-ray to check for a spinal fracture :(

That's a really shyt country to live in if you get sick.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

Insomnia calling...

Why so many Brazilians here I wonder? Why not go to Portugal.

Must be rules or something. Mad Ted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,679 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Insomnia calling...

Crap jobs and crap pay - so I've been told by them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,517 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Insomnia calling...

Learn English here and better minimum wage.

fritzelly wrote: »
    Crap jobs and crap pay - so I've been told by them

Just wondered. Portugal is EU and has nice weather, and they all speak and understand the lingo too. Cannot understand the influx of Brazilians here at all.

• Advertisement

Sounds like that gang that broke into a Lahvlahn caller's home last month
    https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/crime/five-members-of-notorious-burglary-gang-arrested-after-garda-surveillance-operation-40111717.html
    "They went into every room; the occupant was in the house at the time but was completely unaware of what was going on. It shows how good they are at what they do that they can creep into the property without drawing attention to themselves. The 'Cock Wall’ burglary gang have been linked to crime waves across the country

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,099 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Dont know if she was necessarily a plant she could have been on a solo run to engratiate herself. Didnt deserve what happened. Hope someone looses some sleep in rte over that fiasco. Mr pillow hopefuly waiting in the wings too.

I reckon that's the topic dropped like a hot potato for Joe anyway after what happened. But hopefully theres a statement to be read soon.

I do hope that girl is ok after that call.

Thankfully it seems they at least didn't terrorise the occupants , and seemed to burgle by stealth rather than by force. Dreadful stuff, but I'd rather my burglars did it that way than threaten me, if I had the choice lol. The guards must have known they were unlikely to harm occupants, otherwise they would have followed them inside.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 408 ✭✭NormanNicetouch

I've said it before and I will say it again. If they ever find a cure for cancer RTE will be shut with most of their programmes.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,667 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

Thankfully it seems they at least didn't terrorise the occupants , and seemed to burgle by stealth rather than by force. Dreadful stuff, but I'd rather my burglars did it that way than threaten me, if I had the choice lol. The guards must have known they were unlikely to harm occupants, otherwise they would have followed them inside.

2 scrotes attacked an old man in moycullen a few years ago.
    tied him to chair beating him badly.
    cousin was calling over saw what happened broke other chair over scooter. scrote 1 broken dislocated shoulder.
    scrote 2 lunged cousin kicked him in balls then broke his arm..
    old man had broken ribs bruising.
    the scrotes somehow escaped but car broke down near forest.
    for next 4 days they were trapped in forest while many locals roamed area for them. imagine rat scrote panic and injured.
    my only regret is I didn't know till after I would have brought my 3 wood...

2 scrotes attacked an old man in moycullen a few years ago.
    tied him to chair beating him badly.
    cousin was calling over saw what happened broke other chair over scooter. scrote 1 broken dislocated shoulder.
    scrote 2 lunged cousin kicked him in balls then broke his arm..
    old man had broken ribs bruising.
    the scrotes somehow escaped but car broke down near forest.
    for next 4 days they were trapped in forest while many locals roamed area for them. imagine rat scrote panic and injured.
    my only regret is I didn't know till after I would have brought my 3 wood...

Joe: WHOY? Is dare a golf club near de forest?

I find the search function for the thread is great for that, when you’re looking for a specific show or date of a show. You can use either something the host said, or a caller. Even if it’s something that’s relatively frequently said you can order by date etc. Usually only takes a few mins to find anything so to speak.

I find the search function for the thread is great for that, when you’re looking for a specific show or date of a show. You can use either something the host said, or a caller. Even if it’s something that’s relatively frequently said you can order by date etc. Usually only takes a few mins to find anything so to speak.

Will take a closer look later... starting clue will be within this thread:

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=112250072

I've said it before and I will say it again. If they ever find a cure for cancer RTE will be shut with most of their programmes.

Amd how bad will dat make ya feel?
    :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,750 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Amd how bad will dat make ya feel?
    :pac:

Tebbil cast down caller

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement