Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liveline Valentine: Roses are red, violations are blue, do be, do be do be do.

Comments

Network back :)

More death on Darcy :(

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Corby Trouser Press

2smiggy wrote: »
    it's essential, the children's hospital, your flimsy house's are not

I think the provision of circa 17,000 private houses currently on pause is a little bit more urgent then the white elephant chidrens hospital

Way over time, having wasted it all on complete non issues. And now he will tell us all the hours that the show has devoted to airing issues of the poor people trying to get their private houses built.

NPHET are infallible don't ya know.

Never will you hear Joe or anyone else in RTE questioning the madness.

"...we've asked NPHET to explain why house building has been deemed non-essential..." :pac:

He will entertain some guy for half an hour complaining about something as cut and dried as inheritance tax law though.

gmisk wrote: »
    There was a woman on last week giving out about delays in her new build...
    She had decided to sell a house she owned literally in the middle of a pandemic...and had to move into rented accommodation...self entitled twit.

Wow imagine expecting the construction industry to continue as normal just like every other country in Europe... the level of entitlement from some people :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Google “thedinnycroshow” and go to his Instagram page if you want to see the state of these gobsh1tes

Male model me ar$e....

I just had a look....................Lol.

There's one post where he claims - and I promise I'm not making this up - that

"influencers are essential workers"

:pac:

Tuned out after #Woke male models and a lecture from #WokeJoe. Anything good after that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

What do you call a Twat who’s Woke, a Twoke!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,373 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Wow imagine expecting the construction industry to continue as normal just like every other country in Europe... the level of entitlement from some people :rolleyes:
    She knew the situation....and she still went ahead with sale of her own place is my point....so she has no right to be giving out about it, it was in her control!

gmisk wrote: »
    She knew the situation....and she still went ahead with sale of her own place is my point....so she has no right to be giving out about it, it was in her control!

When did she sell?

When we went to Level 5 in late October construction industry was assured it was exempt from any further restrictions.

Sorry if you don’t know the ins and outs of it but the January construction restrictions came out of nowhere... unless she sold in the last month she has a point?

On my way to the chemist an hour ago I passed by a closed local restaurant which is being refitted. Outside was a van with two workmen sitting tight up against each other taking their takeaway coffee, there being no space to spread out. If there's virus present it didn't have far to transfer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,811 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

On my way to the chemist an hour ago I passed by a closed local restaurant which is being refitted. Outside was a van with two workmen sitting tight up against each other taking their takeaway coffee, there being no space to spread out. If there's virus present it didn't have far to transfer.

Maybe they were two brothers living together

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,822 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Yep

Billy and Bobby Purifoy.

Great wuuuuurkers.

I was going to perform a DNA test on them :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭TheHomeService

Whoy didn't you check them, Cat?

It's what Joe would have wanted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,682 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

Clon63 wrote: »
    Is Larry Gogan back with us?

aha! alan with mentalist

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,682 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

If they lost their jobs 33 people wud be out of work

• Registered Users Posts: 4,811 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

No need, just ask them where are they originally from and narrow it down from there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,673 ✭✭✭✭zell12

.. Outside was a van with two workmen sitting tight up against each other taking their takeaway coffee, there being no space to spread out. If there's virus present it didn't have far to transfer.
    husband and husband, caller

Liveline should be covering this and other waiting lists. I don't believe nobody is calling in about it. There are going to be an awful lot of people undergoing colostomies, with long follow up radiotherapy, chemotherapy and other treatments, and that will be the lucky ones. It's going to be our pandemic of 2022. A quick scope can detect early cancer (& other conditions) which can be cured by a straightforward surgery for which the total recovery time is a month at most. As the doctor below says it is up to people to advocate for themselves and not just grumble they are not being seen to.
    A consultant in general and colorectal surgery at Cork University Hospital has called for longer working days and weekend lists in endoscopy clinics to tackle the growing waiting lists for routine colonoscopies, with more than 37,000 people awaiting the procedure.

Dr Emmet Andrews said that 1 in 250 people on the waiting lists are likely to be diagnosed with bowel cancer and he urged patients with worrying symptoms to advocate to be treated as an urgent case.

He said that it is a worrying time for patients and doctors, but said that urgent cases can be seen within three to four weeks.

Dr Andrews said those on waiting lists with bleeding or pain can be deemed urgent and be seen more quickly, but they must let their doctor know.

The HSE has said the number of people on the waiting list for a routine colonoscopy has increased by 60% in the last 12 months as many clinics were suspended during the Covid-19 pandemic surges.

Speaking on RTÉ's Morning Ireland, Dr Andrews said that for every 10,000 awaiting a colonoscopy, around 40 will be diagnosed with cancer.

He called for those on waiting lists to be vaccinated early so they can be treated safely and more quickly.

The consultant also stressed that if bowel cancer is detected early it is curable, but delays may lead to worse outcomes and more costly interventions, including chemotherapy and radiotherapy.

Dr Andrews said that while longer-term investment is needed, in the immediate term it would be worthwhile to extend the working day and have weekend lists in endoscopy clinics to clear lists.

He said while patients can access private hospitals under the National Treatment Purchase Fund, he would favour the NPTF patients using public hospitals, where standards are high, and funding could then be secured to improve equipment and recruit more nurses to extend the service.

Dr Andrews said that endoscopy departments were not closed in the last wave of the virus, but are operating at 70% of usual capacity so it will take time to catch up with demand.

He said that the units also diagnose other conditions, including Crohn's disease and inflammatory conditions.

The Irish Cancer Society has said the number of people on waiting lists is concerning and will mean some people will receive a delayed cancer diagnosis.

https://www.rte.ie/news/ireland/2021/0222/1198531-colonoscopy-waiting-list/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭golondrinas1

My experience. My doctor sent me to consultant. Got appt within a few weeks in November . I'll try to have your colonoscopy done before Christmas he informs me.Had it done on the 2nd December. Many people have Christmas budgets running into thousands.l curtailed mine to suit my circumstance. Procedure cost 840 euro in a public hospital. Just give up your deliveroo and constant coffee on the go for a while and there you have price of your procedure. At least you'll know where you stand with the result. You won't have to then phone Joe moaning about your wanting and being entitled to jump the queue. Own your situation. You won't be left wondering if you should have cancelled Tenneriffe and got the procedure instead.

My experience. My doctor sent me to consultant. Got appt within a few weeks in November . I'll try to have your colonoscopy done before Christmas he informs me.Had it done on the 2nd December. Many people have Christmas budgets running into thousands.l curtailed mine to suit my circumstance. Procedure cost 840 euro in a public hospital. Just give up your deliveroo and constant coffee on the go for a while and there you have price of your procedure. At least you'll know where you stand with the result. You won't have to then phone Joe moaning about your wanting and being entitled to jump the queue. Own your situation. You won't be left wondering if you should have cancelled Tenneriffe and got the procedure instead.

This type of logic, reasoning, and dare I say it common sense is not welcome by Mr. Duffy or researchers on the show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Cork solicitors jailed for fraud yesterday. They were bank robbers. How did they get away with it. Homeless people. Has to mention she was in FG. People want to talk about the evil.

Elvis fan and his collectables.

Another mention of the "evil couple"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,168 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

- Cork solicitors (an actual sophisticated scam) , including buying id's from the homeless. Added bonus , former FG council candidate
    - more Elvis ****e
    - missed da rest

• Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭Red Fred

Today

The two dodgy solicitors that were done for fraud. Defrauded banks, stole money from many people etc. Not like the money stolen from licencepayers for the provision of substandard service. A handbag snatcher would get longer in prison.

Something about some lad that bought Elvis Presley's old underpants or something, zoned out by then

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,251 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

On todays show...
    • The evil couple/identify thief/solicitors/bank robbers. Apparently it's the law society's fault for not letting the Gardaí. Were you thieved by them?
    • Superfan Maurice and his rockahoola collection of Elvis tat. Which isn't insured.

All this and less, a lot less. And no mention of Blue and her babbles beauty career neither washyerhangs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭golondrinas

2smiggy wrote: »
    - Cork solicitors (an actual sophisticated scam) , including buying id's from the homeless. Added bonus , former FG council candidate
    - more Elvis ****e
    - missed da rest

Young lad stole and assaulted a woman, apparently. Then comes back with stole her handbag. Well which is it. In law there might be a vast difference when it comes to meting out justice.

Missed de promo, was wielding a Black&Decker attempting DIY to put back up a coat rack that had come undone from the flimsy wall 16 years after I first put it up. Now to locate the spirit level.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

so the fact he mentioned the Crocked Cork Solicitors on Ronan Collins - means he won't be covering it

i've lost count the amount of times he mentions something in his preview slot and it never comes up

On todays show...
    • The evil couple/identify thief/solicitors/bank robbers. Apparently it's the law society's fault for not letting the Gardaí. Were you thieved by them?
    • Superfan Maurice and his rockahoola collection of Elvis tat. Which isn't insured.

All this and less, a lot less. And no mention of Blue and her babbles beauty career neither washyerhangs

Shur all he has is photocopies . They wouldn’t be worth stealing?:rolleyes:

I once had dealings with a dodgy solicitor, mental health problems I think rather than badness. Still actually like the person.

• Advertisement

Missed de promo, was wielding a Black&Decker attempting DIY to put back up a coat rack that had come undone from the flimsy wall 16 years after I first put it up. Now to locate the spirit level.

If you have a smartphone theres a spirit level app in the app store.

fryup wrote: »
    so the fact he mentioned the Crocked Cork Solicitors on Ronan Collins - means he won't be covering it

i've lost count the amount of times he mentions something in his preview slot and it never comes up

We still never heard about the ferrari fraud story.

Mod - deleted an inappropriate remark there. Whilst this thread is fun etc, some posts just need removing.

Wasn't Spirit Level the name of Duffy's short lived Holy Joe TV programme? The one he had before he inherited Uncle Gaybo's The Meaning Of Life?

If you have a smartphone theres a spirit level app in the app store.

Have located the proper one now.

Shur all he has is photocopies . They wouldn’t be worth stealing?:rolleyes:

But they've scenty menthol value, caller. That's dearer than priceless.

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭barney shamrock

On todays show...
    • The evil couple/identify thief/solicitors/bank robbers. Apparently it's the law society's fault for not letting the Gardaí know....

Who cares?
    She's gorgeous!
    I'll wait for you lynsey!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

she has nice boobs alright, maybe that's why she got a light sentence??

In private hospitals there's direct access colonoscopy through a GP, which is handy. And it is always affordable to folk who have put a bit aside for a trip to Benidorm. I have known people to put up with symptoms with tragic consequences, dosing themselves with movicol or Imodium, buscopan, or combinations thereof for a year or applying haemorrhoid remedy in the hope that recent onset persistent symptoms will magically disappear. I knew one person who was fearful they'd have to face "ending up with a bag", so I took the bull by the horns, as I do, and got them to face the fear by actually handling my own stoma/bag; took the fear right out of it. It's what's unfamiliar that terrifies. Other people just don't want to go through the test in the first place, the 4 litres of Klean prep, but one can always listen to a few Liveline podcasts to get through this.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

We still never heard about the ferrari fraud story.

I light a candle every night in the hope that we someday hear about this and also get robbie martin back on to bask in how correct he turned out to be.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Talk to Joe

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    Any more on the lotto and the Saturday movie?

That was the only entertaining bit from yesterday.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    Any more on the lotto and the Saturday movie?

He did make sense in fairness, but I didn't really think many kids watch tv with ads and that now. My pair watch movies on netflix, disney+ etc. they'd have a fit if an ad came on :D

Yippee yippee yippee, I'm going to get beyond 5 kilometres tomorrow morning. Oh the excitement, can't wait to see forden lands as I drive through Ballyfermot to the Hermitage Clinic for a routine follow-up appointment that will set me back several hundred for X-ray and consultation. In my own heart and soul I know it is not necessary, but if I turn up my nose at the surgeon's request I run the risk of being dismissed off his books just at a time I might need him. He requested me to attend before Christmas and I declined, a second snub might not be appreciated.

Wasn't Spirit Level the name of Duffy's short lived Holy Joe TV programme? The one he had before he inherited Uncle Gaybo's The Meaning Of Life?

The level of spirits on here is often cast down by the host himself. Where do you get the app for dat.:D

Yippee yippee yippee, I'm going to get beyond 5 kilometres tomorrow morning. Oh the excitement, can't wait to see forden lands as I drive through Ballyfermot to the Hermitage Clinic for a routine follow-up appointment that will set me back several hundred for X-ray and consultation. In my own heart and soul I know it is not necessary, but if I turn up my nose at the surgeon's request I run the risk of being dismissed off his books just at a time I might need him. He requested me to attend before Christmas and I declined, a second snub might not be appreciated.

Will ya stop off at Joe's old nest, his gaff, his old house so to speak.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,033 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Happening all over the country, so suggest there's a general construction lockdown is farcical, I'm not forming an opinion but there's certainly diffent strokes for different folks at play.

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

Will ya stop off at Joe's old nest, his gaff, his old house so to speak.

Via Claddagh Green so to speak, close to Cherry Orchard where DCC paid off the local gangsters to be able to build social housing.

So one of the dodgy solicitors was an FGer.

If she was an FFer, Joe would hold tribute programmes to her, a la Callelly.

• Advertisement

Who cares?
    She's gorgeous!
    I'll wait for you lynsey!!

Bloody sexism then I would prefer her to him

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement