Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric gate & CCTV questions

Options
  • 10-02-2021 8:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭

Hey folks,

2 part question:

Getting electric gates installed and installer has recommended CAME which I'm happy with based on reviews. He's also recommending the Came mtm gsm intercom as I don't have cable ran for one. Any feedback on this unit?

Also I've CAT 6 cable ran for POE camera around the house, I've one spot that's not covered. Can I add a wifi camera to the same system - going with Hikvision and will be professionally installed?

Thanks all.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,713 ✭✭✭✭altor

caddy16 wrote: »
    Also I've CAT 6 cable ran for POE camera around the house, I've one spot that's not covered. Can I add a wifi camera to the same system - going with Hikvision and will be professionally installed?

Thanks all.

Would it be possible to install a switch and have a second cable ran from the switch to new camera.
    Reason I say this is Wi-Fi cameras aren't great

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

caddy16 wrote: »
    Hey folks,

2 part question:

Getting electric gates installed and installer has recommended CAME which I'm happy with based on reviews. He's also recommending the Came mtm gsm intercom as I don't have cable ran for one. Any feedback on this unit?

Thanks all.

I second what Altor said with regard to the CCTV query.

With regard to your gates, absolutely Came is a very reputable, dependable and an excellent manufacturer. I did a course on that unit you refer to, it will allow you App control of your gate via your own Wifi.

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭caddy16

Thanks both. Didn't realise both could be ran from one cable so that's definitely what I'll do.

kub, appreciate advice on gate good to know that.

Advertisement