Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pet cremation costs?

• 10-02-2021 8:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭

Hi there,my sister may have to get her Yorkshire terrier put down soon just waiting on a call from the vet.can someone please tell me the cost of an individual cremation and will we get the ashes back from the crematorium?and what's the nearest crematorium for pets to limerick city thanks so much

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,365 ✭✭✭.red.

We got our fella done by Pets To Rest in Kerry, all organised thru the vet.
    We got him back in a lovely wooden box with his name engraved on a little brass plate.
    The cost was €175 but it went on weight, ours was a cocker spaniel so a Yorkie might be slightly cheaper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 958 ✭✭✭Stratvs

It's a few years ago now but 2 of our cats were cremated, it was around €150 each time and included an urn which you could select from catalogue at the vets. The vet did everything, we paid them and picked the urn up from them when it came back. Was all very properly done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭cocker5

lauraww wrote: »
    Hi there,my sister may have to get her Yorkshire terrier put down soon just waiting on a call from the vet.can someone please tell me the cost of an individual cremation and will we get the ashes back from the crematorium?and what's the nearest crematorium for pets to limerick city thanks so much

Your vet can arrange all this for you if u wish ..

We said goodbye to our cocker in august 2019 and the fees were as follows:

Home visit €85 (he went to sleep in the garden he loved)
    Drugs / anaesthetic €80
    Single Cremation / ashes / paw shaped small urn €165

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,365 ✭✭✭.red.

.red. wrote: »
    We got our fella done by Pets To Rest in Kerry, all organised thru the vet.
    We got him back in a lovely wooden box with his name engraved on a little brass plate.
    The cost was €175 but it went on weight, ours was a cocker spaniel so a Yorkie might be slightly cheaper.

Just to add, the €175 was just for the cremation and wooden box/urn.
    The vets fees for the euthanasia were extra.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭Hoboo

cocker5 wrote: »

Home visit €85 (he went to sleep in the garden he loved)

That's so nice, emotional mess now. What a lovely thing to do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,026 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Unfortunately, very recently in the last few weeks had to use Pawprints in Trim.

It was 200 euro for cremation and I ordered the pawprint in a frame for an additional 35. Our dog was jrt size.

You get the certificate confirming the pet is individually cremated and the ashes back in a lovely little box.

I believe they operate Country wide.

I would 100% recommend this Company.

Just so kind and gentle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭cocker5

Hoboo wrote: »
    That's so nice, emotional mess now. What a lovely thing to do.

Yeah I know .. he was terrified in the vets so no way we were going to stress him out even more .. unless it was an emergency it was always going to be done at home for him.

We were lucky it was 8th of august 2019, sun was shinning, he was happy, it was very peaceful, quiet and relaxed for him..(he had advanced liver cancer - a natural death could / would have been waaaay more painful and frightening for him) we were both with him by his side .. cuddling him and talking to him x it’s the least we could do for him :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,945 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

anewme wrote: »
    Unfortunately, very recently in the last few weeks had to use Pawprints in Trim.

It was 200 euro for cremation and I ordered the pawprint in a frame for an additional 35. Our dog was jrt size.

You get the certificate confirming the pet is individually cremated and the ashes back in a lovely little box.

I believe they operate Country wide.

I would 100% recommend this Company.

Just so kind and gentle.

Used these guys for Ozzy, excellent service

Advertisement