If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bowers & Wilkins STAV24 S2 Black

Options
  • 10-02-2021 10:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,726 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,
    Can you do me a price on Bowers & Wilkins STAV24 S2 Black delivered to Lusk Dublin
    Cheers,
    Mick

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hi Mick,

unfortunately the STAV24 are still out of stock with Bowers & Wilkins and at the moment we cannot get a firm ETA for next delivery from B & W.

Apologies for the inconvenience and keep us posted if any of the other stands we range are of interest,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew 

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 8,726 ✭✭✭micks_address

Hi Mick,

unfortunately the STAV24 are still out of stock with Bowers & Wilkins and at the moment we cannot get a firm ETA for next delivery from B & W.

Apologies for the inconvenience and keep us posted if any of the other stands we range are of interest,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew 
    Thanks John would you have anything similar for the 606?

• Company Representative Posts: 17,276 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi Mick,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew 
    Thanks John would you have anything similar for the 606?
    Hi Mick.

You could check out the following stands:

Mission Stancette priced at 95 Euro
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-200307-mission-stancette-black-per-pair.aspx

Soundstyle Z2 priced at 99.99 Euro
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-100049-soundstyle-z2-speaker-stands-per-pair.aspx

Let me know if either of these might suit.

Hi Kenny - these are for bowers and wilkins 606a - would they sit on either with no issues? Also the floor is tiled - do they come with rubber feet as opposed to spikes? I think rubber is recommended for tiles? do either have cable management built in?

thanks,
    mick

Hi Kenny - these are for bowers and wilkins 606a - would they sit on either with no issues? Also the floor is tiled - do they come with rubber feet as opposed to spikes? I think rubber is recommended for tiles? do either have cable management built in?

thanks,
    mick
    Hi Mick.

Yes they will suit the 606a's.
    They have the same sort of top plate footprint as the STAV's.

Neither have cable management unfortunately.
    To be honest I can't think if they come with rubber pads included. It doesn't mention them and its been a while from I open a pair of these at the store.
    Rubber pads can be picked up easily from Amazon or Ebay. ITs not something we would hold in stock ourselves.

I've also seen some people use a 1p /1 cent and set it on the floor and the spike on top.

There is also the HiFi racks Duet Oak which are solid wood rather than metal. Again no cable management though.
    Comes with spikes also.
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-203488-hi-fi-racks-duet-oak-per-pair.aspx

I'll see if there is any way for some of the guys to check at the store to see if any come with rubber feet but I can see from our system that we don't have any open box ones of these for a quick check.

• Advertisement

Thanks Kenny - im leaning towards the z2 - the 606 are quite deep - will they sit safely on the stands? im worried about being knocked over etc.. 

606 are 

[font=Roboto, arial, sans-serif]13.5 inches high, 7.5 inches wide and 11.8 inches deep[/font]

Hi Kenny,

connection question if you dont mind. I use a Marantz SR6012 bought from yourselves which drives a 5.1 kef setup. I want to connect the 606a to the same unit for listening to stereo music but not have the 5.1 active. I'm assuming using Zone 2 is the best way to do this? Even though all speakers will be in the same room? 

I'm a little confused re the marantz instructions 

http://manuals.marantz.com/SR6012/EU/en/DRDZSYuqfktfgx.php

It seems like I would connect the stereo speakers to the height 2 left and right outputs on the receiver? Do i need to change the speaker layout for zone 2 then?

Cheers,
    Mick

Hi Kenny,

connection question if you dont mind. I use a Marantz SR6012 bought from yourselves which drives a 5.1 kef setup. I want to connect the 606a to the same unit for listening to stereo music but not have the 5.1 active. I'm assuming using Zone 2 is the best way to do this? Even though all speakers will be in the same room? 

It seems like I would connect the stereo speakers to the height 2 left and right outputs on the receiver? Do i need to change the speaker layout for zone 2 then?

Cheers,
    Mick
    Hi Mick.

Yeah Zone 2 would be the best way to do this.
    Although I don't think you can switch off The main Zone so if all speakers are in one room switching on Zone 2 will have all the speakers running at once in the same room.

Zone 2 is really designed if you are using speakers in a 2nd room.
    http://manuals.marantz.com/SR6012/EU/en/GFNFSYvffiuorq.php

http://manuals.marantz.com/SR6012/EU/en/GFNFSYhffhzhhp.php

Height 2 will act as Zone 2 when Zone 2 is activated on the 6012.

Hope this helps a little.

Hi Kenny,

Cheers,
    Mick
    Hi Mick.

Although I don't think you can switch off The main Zone so if all speakers are in one room switching on Zone 2 will have all the speakers running at once in the same room.

Thanks - so for some reason I can't get any audio from the speakers on zone 2 unless i choose all zone stereo in the option menu.. this way i do get audio from the zone 2 speakers while the volume on zone one speakers is muted - i have the 606a connected to height 2.. i thought id be able to switch on zone 2 - and play say Spotify via firestick on zone 2 via stereo speakers 

looks like changing this setting did the trick - can have zone 1 off - turn on zone 2 and cast spotify from my phone to firestick and get stereo form the b & w

[font=Arial, "ヒラギノ角ゴ Pro W3", "Hiragino Kaku Gothic Pro", メイリオ, Meiryo, Osaka, "MS Pゴシック", "MS P Gothic", sans-serif]HDMI Audio[/font]
    [font=Arial, "ヒラギノ角ゴ Pro W3", "Hiragino Kaku Gothic Pro", メイリオ, Meiryo, Osaka, "MS Pゴシック", "MS P Gothic", sans-serif]Selects the audio signal format for playing an HDMI source in ZONE2.[/font]
    [th][/th]
    [th][/th]

Through
    (De­fault):

The HDMI audio sig­nal is passed through this unit to the de­vice in ZONE2.

PCM:

• Advertisement

Hi Kenny,

Cheers,
    Mick
    Hi Mick.

Thanks - so for some reason I can't get any audio from the speakers on zone 2 unless i choose all zone stereo in the option menu.. this way i do get audio from the zone 2 speakers while the volume on zone one speakers is muted - i have the 606a connected to height 2.. i thought id be able to switch on zone 2 - and play say Spotify via firestick on zone 2 via stereo speakers 
    Hey Mick.

If the Firestick is in one of the HMI inputs on the amp you can select this on the amp and play to Zone 2?

Press ZONE2 to set the operating zone to ZONE2 with the remote control.
    The ZONE2 button lights.
    Press POWER  Power%20Button_UJDCILaapkfwct.png to turn on the ZONE2 power.
    The ZONE2 power indicator on the display lights.
    Power in ZONE2 can be turned on or off by pressing ZONE2 ON/OFF on the main unit.
    Press the input source select button to select the input source to be played.
    The audio signal of the selected source is output to ZONE2.
    You can also select ZONE2 as the input source by pressing ZONE2 SOURCE and then turning the INPUT SELECTOR

Hi Kenny,

Cheers,
    Mick
    Hi Mick.

Hey Mick.

If the Firestick is in one of the HMI inputs on the amp you can select this on the amp and play to Zone 2?

Press ZONE2 to set the operating zone to ZONE2 with the remote control.
    The ZONE2 button lights.
    Press POWER  Power%20Button_UJDCILaapkfwct.png to turn on the ZONE2 power.
    The ZONE2 power indicator on the display lights.
    Power in ZONE2 can be turned on or off by pressing ZONE2 ON/OFF on the main unit.
    Press the input source select button to select the input source to be played.
    The audio signal of the selected source is output to ZONE2.
    You can also select ZONE2 as the input source by pressing ZONE2 SOURCE and then turning the INPUT SELECTOR
    yes this worked but only when i changed the zone 2 hdmi setting to pcm

what wont work is casting spotify directly to the sr using heos.. that seems to power on zone 1 and set input to heos automaticaly

ok back to speaker stands - out of the 2 which would you recommend for stability and quality? given the footprint of the Bowers.. and if i order today can you have delivery for tomorrow?

cheers,
    mick

ok back to speaker stands - out of the 2 which would you recommend for stability and quality? given the footprint of the Bowers.. and if i order today can you have delivery for tomorrow?

cheers,
    mick
    Hi Micks_Address.

I use Soundstyle ones at home myself and really like them.

We have missed todays cut of point for delivery tomorrow unfortunately as DPD have collected from the store today already.
    Next pick is tomorrow which would make delivery the start of next week.

Let me know your thoughts.

cheers,
    mick
    Hi Micks_Address.

We have missed todays cut of point for delivery tomorrow unfortunately as DPD have collected from the store today already.

Ill have a play around with positioning over the weekend Kenny and come back to you. 

Cheers,
    Mick

cheers,
    mick
    Hi Micks_Address.

Ill have a play around with positioning over the weekend Kenny and come back to you. 

Cheers,
    Mick
    No problem at all Mick.

Let me know your thoughts once you have had a play around.

cheers,
    mick
    Hi Micks_Address.

Cheers,
    Mick
    No problem at all Mick.

Let me know your thoughts once you have had a play around.
    Hi kenny,

This is probably a stupid question but are there any speaker stands that have a top plate that can swivel/rotate? Id like to be able to turn the speakers based on where i sit in the room. 

Cheers,
    Mick

hi guys,

think i'm going to go for the mission stands - whats best way to order?

Thanks,
    Mick

• Company Representative Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

hi guys,

think i'm going to go for the mission stands - whats best way to order?

Thanks,
    Mick
    Thanks for getting back to us Mick.

You can order for delivery via the link below:

https://www.richersounds.ie/p-200307-mission-stancette-black-per-pair.aspx

Let me know what you think!

Kind regards

David

Thanks for getting back to us Mick.

You can order for delivery via the link below:

https://www.richersounds.ie/p-200307-mission-stancette-black-per-pair.aspx

Kind regards

David

Order number 139615

• Advertisement

Hi guys I just wanted to get back to my zone 2 post earlier. Am I getting the most out of the speakers driving via zone 2? It feels like zone 2 on the receiver has limited options in terms of settings etc. I’m good with that if the stereo quality is as good as using left/right zone 1 output

Cheers,
    Mick

Hi guys I just wanted to get back to my zone 2 post earlier. Am I getting the most out of the speakers driving via zone 2? It feels like zone 2 on the receiver has limited options in terms of settings etc. I’m good with that if the stereo quality is as good as using left/right zone 1 output

Cheers,
    Mick
    Hi Mick,

Thanks for the order!

On the zone 1 vs Zone 2 issue, you would be better with an active zone to allow another amp to control the speakers. There wouldn't be a huge amount of difference though using the passive zone 2 as opposed to the zone 1 but the main zone does allow more customisation of the sound so you can tweak it to sound better than the zone 2.

Kind regards

David

Hi Mick,

Thanks for the order!

On the zone 1 vs Zone 2 issue, you would be better with an active zone to allow another amp to control the speakers. There wouldn't be a huge amount of difference though using the passive zone 2 as opposed to the zone 1 but the main zone does allow more customisation of the sound so you can tweak it to sound better than the zone 2.

Kind regards

David

Thanks Dave so ideal situation would be use a dedicated stereo amp to drive the bookshelf speakers? If I was going down that road what would you recommend? Question then would be how could I get high quality Spotify and potentially something like a turntable in the mix down the line

Hi Mick,

Thanks for the order!

Kind regards

David

Thanks Dave so ideal situation would be use a dedicated stereo amp to drive the bookshelf speakers? If I was going down that road what would you recommend? Question then would be how could I get high quality Spotify and potentially something like a turntable in the mix down the line
    Thanks for getting back to me Mick.

For stereo music I think you'd always be better with a dedicated stereo amp over an AV receiver although the Marantz does sound good!

One way to do it would be with either the Denon DRA800H or the Marantz PM7000N. These amps have Heos built in so you can wirelessly integrate them with your AV receiver and they also have streamers built in for Spotify and a phono stage for a turntable:

https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-204271-denon-dra800h-black-network-stereo-receiver.aspx

https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-204399-marantz-pm7000n-black-network-stereo-amplifier.aspx

Kind regards

david

Thanks Dave I’ll start saving for later in the year !

I don’t suppose you’d have an open box

Marantz NR1200 Black that you’d be able to do a deal on?

I don’t suppose you’d have an open box

Marantz NR1200 Black that you’d be able to do a deal on?
    Hi Mick,

I don't have an open box NR1200 but I could do you a brand new one for £469?

Let me know what you think.

Kind regards

David

Hi Mick,

Kind regards

David

Which of that or the NA-6006 is the better option?

Or the Denon DNP-800NE N

Hi Mick,

Kind regards

David

Which of that or the NA-6006 is the better option?

Or the Denon DNP-800NE N
    Hi Mick,

The NA6006 and DNP800s are both stand alone streamers so you'd still need to add an amp, the DRA800 and NR1200 are amp/streamers in one.

Kind regards

David

• Advertisement

Hi Mick,

The NA6006 and DNP800s are both stand alone streamers so you'd still need to add an amp, the DRA800 and NR1200 are amp/streamers in one.

Kind regards

David

Thanks Dave looks like the nr1200 might be best option. Could connect a turntable to it at some point? It has phono stage built in?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.