If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bowers & Wilkins STAV24 S2 Black

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,726 ✭✭✭micks_address

Thanks Dave looks like the nr1200 might be best option. Could connect a turntable to it at some point? It has phono stage built in?

Can you price match these guys on the nr1200?

https://www.hyperfi.co.uk/av-receivers/marantz-nr1200-stereo-network-receiver-black

Thanks
    Mick

• Company Representative Posts: 17,276 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Thanks Dave looks like the nr1200 might be best option. Could connect a turntable to it at some point? It has phono stage built in?

Can you price match these guys on the nr1200?

https://www.hyperfi.co.uk/av-receivers/marantz-nr1200-stereo-network-receiver-black

Thanks
    Mick
    Hi Mick.

Unfortunately the product listed on Hyperfi is a B stock item and not a new sealed product.
    B Stock Item - 12 Month Manufacturers Warranty

I could offer a brand new one at £475 delivered.

Hi Mick.

Unfortunately the product listed on Hyperfi is a B stock item and not a new sealed product.

Could you do one at 450 kenny and bundle with my speaker stand order and save on delivery?

Hi Mick.

Could you do one at 450 kenny and bundle with my speaker stand order and save on delivery?
    Hi Mick.

I could get to £450 unfortunately.

Very best I could offer would be £460 on the NR1200.
    Which speaker stands did you go for in the end? I've been off the last few days.

Hi Mick.

Which speaker stands did you go for in the end? I've been off the last few days.

You could or couldn’t :)

I went for the mission stands in the end. I think they had slightly larger top plate which maybe swung the decision

Order 139615

What’s the easiest way to order the nr1200 if I did want to proceed?
    Thanks
    Mick

• Advertisement

I went for the mission stands in the end. I think they had slightly larger top plate which maybe swung the decision

Order 139615

Thanks
    Mick

Hi kenny,
    Something funny with my stand order. It cost me 122 euro which I think equates to something like 95 pounds but it should have been 95 euro as per your original post?

Hi Mick.

Order 139615

Thanks
    Mick
    Hi Mick.

Easiest way is to let me know if you want to go ahead and we can call you to finalise the order.

The stands will be shipping tomorrow via DPD.

Hi Mick.

Easiest way is to let me know if you want to go ahead and we can call you to finalise the order.

Looks like the link Dave gave me for ordering was for the stancette 2 which is more expensive. Could we swap in the sound style stands in the order and use the balance to bring down the cost of the marantz? I’ll pm you phone number so we can chat

Hi Mick.

Looks like the link Dave gave me for ordering was for the stancette 2 which is more expensive. Could we swap in the sound style stands in the order and use the balance to bring down the cost of the marantz? I’ll pm you phone number so we can chat
    Hi Mick.

I think the issue was that you ordered at the sterling price of £99.95 plus £6.99 shipping rather than at the 95 Euro price.
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-200307-mission-stancette-black-per-pair.aspx?swapstore=1

I have adjusted the pricing on the Stancette's inline with the Euro pricing which now leaves £23.34 on your account.
    Left to pay on the NR1200 would then be £436.66

Hi Mick.

I think the issue was that you ordered at the sterling price of £99.95 plus £6.99 shipping rather than at the 95 Euro price.
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-200307-mission-stancette-black-per-pair.aspx?swapstore=1

I have adjusted the pricing on the Stancette's inline with the Euro pricing which now leaves £23.34 on your account.

Cool I’ve sent you my number so call us to take payment

• Advertisement

Hi Mick.

Cool I’ve sent you my number so call us to take payment
    Cheer Mick.

I'll drop you a call ASAP.

Cheer Mick.

Missed your call kenny but dropped you a pm

Cheer Mick.

Missed your call Kenny but dropped you a pm
    Cheer Mick.

That's everything sorted :)

Hi kenny,
    Thinking I might order some speaker wire for inclusion with the order. I need about 12 metres or so. What would you recommend to go with the nr1200 and bowers and Wilkins 606sa?

Cheers
    Mick

Hi kenny,
    Thinking I might order some speaker wire for inclusion with the order. I need about 12 metres or so. What would you recommend to go with the nr1200 and bowers and Wilkins 606sa?

Cheers
    Mick
    Hi Mick.

You could check out the Ultra Micro priced at £3.19 per meter.
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-910743-cambridge-audio-ultra-micro-speaker-cable-per-metre.aspx

I could offer it at £2.50 per meter.

Let me know your thoughts.

Hi Mick.

https://www.richersounds.ie/p-910743-cambridge-audio-ultra-micro-speaker-cable-per-metre.aspx

Thanks kenny does the micro offer same quality as heavier cables? If so it will do. Can you include 16 meters with order and I’ll pm you re payment details

Hi Mick.

Thanks kenny does the micro offer same quality as heavier cables? If so it will do. Can you include 16 meters with order and I’ll pm you re payment details
    Hi Mick.

The Ultra micro is a silver based cable and will perform better than most thick cables :)

16 meters would come to £40

I'll get this added to your order that is shipping today.

hi kenny thats fine ill drop you a pm re payment 

hi kenny thats fine ill drop you a pm re payment 
    No problem Mick.

No problem Mick.

Hi kenny,

All arrived today and setup. One slight issue is that I have both the nr1200 and sr6012 in the same hi fi rack. When I switch on one the other comes on as I guess they use the same ir codes.

Is there any way to change the ir codes the nr1200 uses so I don’t have the conflict?

Thanks;
    Mick

• Advertisement

No problem Mick.

Hi kenny,

All arrived today and setup. One slight issue is that I have both the nr1200 and sr6012 in the same hi fi rack. When I switch on one the other comes on as I guess they use the same ir codes.

Is there any way to change the ir codes the nr1200 uses so I don’t have the conflict?

Thanks;
    Mick
    Hi Mick.

Glad everything as arrived and you are up and running.

I'll be honest. I have no idea if you can change the IR codes on the Marantz remotes.

From some research online I found another person with a similar issue.
    "Eventually, the marantz support got back to me and told me that it is possible to change the IR codes for the PM6005 and its remote so that it won't clash with the NR1506.
    This is possible the holding CD + ( one of the 1/2/3 keys ) for 5 seconds to change the remote's codes and CD + Enter for 5 seconds to change the unit itself."

I'll see if I can find anything out from Marantz but it might be worth dropping them an email also.

No problem Mick.

Hi kenny,

Thanks;
    Mick
    Hi Mick.

I'll be honest. I have no idea if you can change the IR codes on the Marantz remotes.

"Eventually, the marantz support got back to me and told me that it is possible to change the IR codes for the PM6005 and its remote so that it won't clash with the NR1506.
    This is possible the holding CD + ( one of the 1/2/3 keys ) for 5 seconds to change the remote's codes and CD + Enter for 5 seconds to change the unit itself."

I'll see if I can find anything out from Marantz but it might be worth dropping them an email also.

Hi Kenny - i actually use a Harmony remote - shouldn't matter if i can change the remote control ir set and the receiver set.. i can always learn the commands on the harmony if needed. The other option im looking at is smart plugs to kill the power to the units so there's only one on at a time. do you have an email for marantz in could use? ideally id change the nr1200 ir set as it would be used less

thanks,
    mick

No problem Mick.

Hi kenny,

Thanks;
    Mick
    Hi Mick.

Hi Kenny - i actually use a Harmony remote - shouldn't matter if i can change the remote control ir set and the receiver set.. i can always learn the commands on the harmony if needed. The other option im looking at is smart plugs to kill the power to the units so there's only one on at a time. do you have an email for marantz in could use? ideally id change the nr1200 ir set as it would be used less

thanks,
    mick
    Hi Mick.

Ahhh...

The smart plugs is another option which as you say will only have one unit on at a time to avoid the cross over of the ir.

The only way I see to contact Marantz Technical is very the link below:
    https://www.marantz.com/en-gb/contactus/contact

I'll see if our service guys might have another.

Hi kenny,
    Got this back from marantz

Response By E-mail (Dan) (18/02/2021 05.51 PM)
    Dear Customer,

Unfortunately both these units do not have a remote code id feature and therefore it is not possible to prevent the ir conflict.

I went with the smart plugs which do the job

Question on speaker placement. I can only sit about 5 feet from the speakers due to room layout...is it too close?

• Company Representative Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

Hi kenny,
    Got this back from marantz

Response By E-mail (Dan) (18/02/2021 05.51 PM)
    Dear Customer,

Unfortunately both these units do not have a remote code id feature and therefore it is not possible to prevent the ir conflict.

I went with the smart plugs which do the job

Question on speaker placement. I can only sit about 5 feet from the speakers due to room layout...is it too close?
    Hi Mick,

Glad you were able to find a solution!

In terms of speaker placement the distance shouldn't be too much of an issue as you can adjust the levels and distance in the settings so they should suit any size of room!

Let me know what you think!

Kind regards

David

Thanks lads.
    Just wondering if you’d have any open box or clearance turntables?
    Cheers,
    Mick

Thanks lads.
    Just wondering if you’d have any open box or clearance turntables?
    Cheers,
    Mick
    Hi Mick,

The only thing I have at the moment is a Project jukebox E which already has an amplifier built in!

https://www.richersounds.ie/p-14309-project-juke-box-e-black-clearance-all-in-one-turntable-clearance-web-return.aspx

Kind regards

David

Hi Mick,

The only thing I have at the moment is a Project jukebox E which already has an amplifier built in!

https://www.richersounds.ie/p-14309-project-juke-box-e-black-clearance-all-in-one-turntable-clearance-web-return.aspx

Kind regards

David
    No after buying the amplifier I think I’d rather go with a turntable without one. Is there anything in the 225 euro range that would be worth considering?

Hi Mick,

Kind regards

David
    No after buying the amplifier I think I’d rather go with a turntable without one. Is there anything in the 225 euro range that would be worth considering?
    Hi Mick,

You can't go wrong with the LP120XUS. Direct Drive with a great cartridge and a built in phono stage!

https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-205133-audio-technica-lp120xusb-black-usb-direct-drive-turntable.aspx

Kind regards

David

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.