Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are we there yet? Your second Travel Megathread (threadbans in OP}

Options

Comments

Micky 32 wrote: »
    I don’t quite follow, maybe eleborate on your smart arse comments?

Maybe wind your neck in and stop being so confrontational?

It was a joke about his character being stuck in the airport because his legal status changed while he was in the air!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

It was a joke about his character being stuck in the airport because his legal status changed while he was in the air!

Ah right i do apologise, it’s hard to tell with some of the posters on here.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,172 ✭✭✭saabsaab

UDAWINNER wrote: »
    As far as I know, they will allow you download a paper copy which can be scanned. When they introduce this, is anyone's guess. Doubt it will be in place before July. I know some people have travelled in the meantime using the card they've been given as proof. Expect to do PCR tests both ways

That's what my vaccinator said to me. Said it was a 'pass' wasn't sure he was serious.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

The point is,you CAN get travel insurance that stays valid
    Mickey mouse policies need not be bought
    So the issue of insurance cover no longer applies as a stick to beat people who want to leave Gilead Ireland on holiday

Well no. We have some claiming Normal travel insurance covers you for non essential travel atm and covid claims. Which frankly is bolloxs.

As for "people who want to leave" - they're doing that against public health travel advisories eitherway. But the same don't apparently give a 'shyte' apparently. I suppose you reckon UK is Gilead as well? Or is it just Ireland is the worsest?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭kilns

So according to Eamon Ryan MHQ will be now based on variants of concern. So we should expect a wide ranging update of the list this week with only a small number of countries on the list

I won't hold my breath

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,260 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

saabsaab wrote: »
    That's what my vaccinator said to me. Said it was a 'pass' wasn't sure he was serious.

As pointed out to you in another thread he shouldn't have said that as that card won't get you anywhere

The official document will be available when the green pass is launched

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,141 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Micky 32 wrote: »
    Ah right i do apologise, it’s hard to tell with some of the posters on here.
    I'm pleased to see that apology, but it really should not have got that far

Could both of you please remember to be civil when posting. And if you are unsure how something may be taken by another poster, perhaps just don't post it.

As pointed out to you in another thread he shouldn't have said that as that card won't get you anywhere

The official document will be available when the green pass is launched

A previous poster said it was used in just that way!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,428 ✭✭✭ZX7R

Here in Poland your card your issued with ,has the vaccine batch number on it,you cant be issued the vaccination without there equivalent of a pps number.
    So the batch number and pps are linked ,Poland have been running a trile where you log into a portal put in your pps number and you receive a digital green card similar to Ryanair tickets with a bar code ,you can scan using your phone or print it.
    I know people who have traveled from Ireland fully vaccinated and there card was accepted at entry, perhaps it had the batch number on it,

A previous poster said it was used in just that way!

It doesn't matter. They need a PCR to travel for essential reasons, proof of vaccination coming into Ireland won't matter unless coming from a country subject to MHQ.

Can carry the card as much as they want if coming into the country but it won't count for anything if someone comes for example from Spain to Ireland with a HSE card its not going to be asked for. Its not a government document. Its essentially an appointment card. It was pointed out to you this very point in another thread when you said the vaccinator told you it would get you into a pub.

• Advertisement

ZX7R wrote: »
    Here in Poland your card your issued with ,has the vaccine batch number on it,you cant be issued the vaccination without there equivalent of a pps number.
    So the batch number and pps are linked ,Poland have been running a trile where you log into a portal put in your pps number and you receive a digital green card similar to Ryanair tickets with a bar code ,you can scan using your phone or print it.
    I know people who have traveled from Ireland fully vaccinated and there card was accepted at entry, perhaps it had the batch number on it,

That's up to Poland if they want to accept the vaccine card but it's not an official government document.

There's no linked systems for travel, so I could easily get an appointment card, fill in any old details on it and jump on a plane to Poland and use it as proof. That's on Poland if they want to accept it or not

The only official documentation issued here will be the proof of vaccination via EU pass

faceman wrote: »
    While I can’t comment on all insurance companies, I have confirmation in writing from my travel insurance company that they are still covering all travel, essential or otherwise, as normal except covid related claims.

Thank you. This the point. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭UDAWINNER

Sure it's the only proof people have at the moment, but you still have to get all the tests, etc. Worthless with no benefit.
    How do people prove they've been vaccinated to avoid MHQ coming from USA, etc

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Happydays2020

It doesn't matter. They need a PCR to travel for essential reasons, proof of vaccination coming into Ireland won't matter unless coming from a country subject to MHQ.

Can carry the card as much as they want if coming into the country but it won't count for anything if someone comes for example from Spain to Ireland with a HSE card its not going to be asked for. Its not a government document. Its essentially an appointment card. It was pointed out to you this very point in another thread when you said the vaccinator told you it would get you into a pub.

So someone comes in with proof that they have been vaccinated by the HSE and they will still be locked up in MHQ? Not a chance will that fly. That will be another one of those cases where the State will not go to Court.

Blut2 wrote: »
    I'm not sure where you're getting any talk of the situation in the UK with. I've never mentioned the UK, the lay of the land there is completely irrelevant to anyone in Ireland wondering if their travel insurance is valid or not.I posted my first hand, direct experience of having traveled in the last year and being covered by my Irish travel insurance no problem. I advised anyone considering travel not to be put off by some posters, like apparently you, who haven't traveled or dealt with Irish travel insurance companies but yet post their opinions that they won't be insured as fact. That everyone should in-fact just ring their travel insurance provider and get a definitive answer.
    You can keep posting links (that Citizens Information link also does not say all travel insurance is invalid, its an odd one to post, it simply advises people to check the terms of their travel insurance...) as much as you want. But at the end of the day you're posting about something you've admitted you've got no first hand experience of. People don't respect the opinions of someone who who posts about things they've never experienced, because they're essentially fantasists. I can state what its like to walk on the moon as if my opinion is fact, but its not very believable (or useful) when I've never done it personally is it?

Well you did join the conversation after it had started. Part of the original context was amber list countries in the UK. So your mistake there is fair enough. But as for the first highlighted bit - I never stated that btw - but the article from the UK travel company did detail current situation from AXA regarding covid related claims etc

As for the Second highlighted bit. Ah I see you're saying the same thing as me now. Thats fine. No disrespect but as you say anecdotal stories don't amount to that much on an anonymous Internet forum ...

For example I or anyone could claim that their brother / cousin / great aunt is the CEO of a insurance company or similar. See how that works?

Btw you seem to have ignored that I've provided relevant references- the first from a UK travel company which quotes AXA - the second from citizens information which clearly states the situation here. Take a Google, you'll find a load more out there.

This is the relevant bit for all those claiming otherwise.
    Since March 2020, many insurers have changed aspects of their travel insurance policies, for example specifically excluding claims relating to COVID-19

https://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/consumer/travel/travel_plans_and_covid19.html

So someone comes in with proof that they have been vaccinated by the HSE and they will still be locked up in MHQ? Not a chance will that fly. That will be another one of those cases where the State will not go to Court.

If you've been vaccinated by the HSE you can request your vaccine record and get an official document if your planning on undertaking essential travel to a country on the MHQ list.

Like it or not the vaccine appointment card isn't an official document, its not a vaccine cert

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Happydays2020

If you've been vaccinated by the HSE you can request your vaccine record and get an official document if your planning on undertaking essential travel to a country on the MHQ list.

Like it or not the vaccine appointment card isn't an official document.

Any idea who I can make that request to once fully vaccinated?

Local health office. Can't imagine they can issue them at the moment with the lack of an IT system & it's a complete record of all your vaccinations.

The actual cert that'll be relating to covid will be available when the app launches in a few weeks and will also be available in hard copy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭kilns

Here in Switzerland the official vaccine certificates become available on June 7, the fact that Ireland are incapable of producing the same certificate until mid August is embarrassing

• Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭Darwin

Do you not get a card when you are vaccinated showing the dates of your vaccination? I will know the answer to this in a few days, but surely this is enough proof (for returning from a MHQ country).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,266 ✭✭✭CruelSummer

Look at the absolute tripe we’re up against in this country. All started Friday with CMO’s black clouds. Then we get NPHET members out drumming up the worrymeters.
    Now a Geography teacher / lecturer (ISAG member) acting as an immunologist / virologist - why is this guy given articles in the Independent in relation to an area he is unqualified to talk about?
    Who are funding ISAG and why are they continuing to be given a platform here when they haven’t answered key questions as to their use of mis information to achieve their goals & terrorist manuals.
    What’s seriously concerning is the clear coordination between NPHET and ISAG with this propaganda.

https://twitter.com/julienmercille/status/1396385403280691200?s=21

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭KanyeSouthEast

Now that is genuinely worrying.

They may be right about keeping out the Indian variant at this time.

'A Better Way Forward: Toward Elimination of Covid-19

The Independent Scientific Advocacy Group (I.S.A.G.) is a multidisciplinary group of scientists, academics, and researchers who have come together to advocate for a SARS-CoV-2 elimination strategy for the island of Ireland.

I.S.A.G. has published several papers outlining its strategy and recommendations, and you can find them in "Key Reports from the Group" below.

Founded by Anthony Staines, Gerry Killeen, and Tomás Ryan in June 2020, I.S.A.G. is independent of government. All of our members are volunteers and they freely commit their time every week to discuss the COVID-19 science that underpins the Irish and Northern Irish government’s response strategies.

If you have any queries or would like to support the group, please do not hesitate to contact us.'

Look at the absolute tripe we’re up against in this country. All started Friday with CMO’s black clouds. Then we get NPHET members out drumming up the worrymeters.
    Now a Geography teacher / lecturer (ISAG member) acting as an immunologist / virologist - why is this guy given articles in the Independent in relation to an area he unqualified to talk about?
    Who are funding ISAG and why are they continuing to be given a platform here when they haven’t answered key questions as to their use of mis information to achieve their goals & terrorist manuals.
    What’s seriously concerning is the clear coordination between NPHET and ISAG with this propaganda.

https://twitter.com/julienmercille/status/1396385403280691200?s=21

One of the many reasons trying to keep the faith with the constant “ black clouds” negativity :o

The Independent Scientific Advocacy Group (I.S.A.G.) is a multidisciplinary group of scientists, academics, and researchers who have come together to advocate for a SARS-CoV-2 elimination strategy for the island of Ireland.

I.S.A.G. has published several papers outlining its strategy and recommendations, and you can find them in "Key Reports from the Group" below.

Founded by Anthony Staines, Gerry Killeen, and Tomás Ryan in June 2020, I.S.A.G. is independent of government. All of our members are volunteers and they freely commit their time every week to discuss the COVID-19 science that underpins the Irish and Northern Irish government’s response strategies.

If you have any queries or would like to support the group, please do not hesitate to contact us.'

… and when the next variant comes along after this scariant rinse and repeat, right?:rolleyes:

Whatever would we do without Staines, Killeen and Ryan, eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,266 ✭✭✭CruelSummer

So you’re an ISAG supporter then?
    I have questions they haven’t and seem to refuse to answer.
    1. Why did they distribute Saul Alinksy’s terrorist manual to their members as a way to manipulate the Irish public?
    2. Why did they encourage their members to sow doubt, fear and increase anxiety in the Irish population at every turn or every time the Government tried to reopen anything?
    3. Why did they encourage their members to attack the individual and not an institution - as individuals are weaker?
    4. Why did Tomás Ryan last week claim with zero evidence which he did state - that Covid could increase the chances of autism in pregnancy live on an ISAG video?
    5. Why have they not corrected many other false claims they’ve made in the last 12 months for example, Tomás Ryan live on Prime Time claiming that hundreds of children would die, Gabriel Scally on rte radio 1 that 1 in 7 children would get long Covid, and so many more.
    6. Why are presenters such as Claire Byrne during the week, Matt Cooper and Philip Boucher Hayes previously allowed to chair interviews in which they are no way impartial against elected officials of our State?

• Registered Users Posts: 31,067 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

It's already here.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 pouladuff_goal

We have control of our border. If it is that important then MHQ for those crossing the border.

Now there is no chance we will do that nor should we. So absolutey no point in putting MHQ in place for the UK and still let everybody in and out via Belfast as per Christmas.

Lumen wrote: »
    It's already here.

Yes but not out of control no point in importing more. I don't think zero covid is realistic now but until most are vaccinated it's best to restrict air travel. Especially from areas where there are new variants.

• Advertisement

Yes but not out of control no point in importing more. I don't think zero covid is realistic now but until most are vaccinated it's best to restrict air travel. Especially from areas where there are new variants.

Well with 300k vaccinations planned for this week (290k put into arms last week including my own) shouldn’t take us long to get to the “until most are vaccinated “ status ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement