Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are we there yet? Your second Travel Megathread (threadbans in OP}

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21 DipDiphooray

AUGUST!!! Dear me I'm hoping late June!

I'm thinking if they open "travel bubble" with UK it will be for those fully vaxed at the rate its going if I can avoid the AZ vaccine I should be done end of July at the earliest and allowing for another two weeks after that I'm going to be pushing it close for mid August.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,431 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

M_Murphy57 wrote: »
    This in spades.

Do you think so?

The post moans about transfers from poor to the wealthy but then goes on to complain about business owner losses and indirectly swipes at the proles for sitting on their arses on PUP

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭Unthought Known

M_Murphy57 wrote: »
    Were you questioned at all about illness/antigen tests/locator forms or just literally straight through?

How normal are things on the ground in the UK?

Flew with EasyJet and it was straight through. No questions, no forms, I didn't even have to show any form of ID at any stage which was weird.
    All ok over here. People still wearing masks etc. But I am going for an indoor pint tonight!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,581 ✭✭✭Working class heroes

Flew with EasyJet and it was straight through. No questions, no forms, I didn't even have to show any form of ID at any stage which was weird.
    All ok over here. People still wearing masks etc. But I am going for an indoor pint tonight!

Ya bollox:D

Racism is now hiding behind the cloak of Community activism.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭jellies

Do you think so?

The post moans about transfers from poor to the wealthy but then goes on to complain about business owner losses and indirectly swipes at the proles for sitting on their arses on PUP

Lots of odd ball posts on here but this one takes the biscuit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭M_Murphy57

Sounds great, enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,136 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

UDAWINNER wrote: »
    Does anyone else have a problem allowing American Tourists in while we can't go the other way, seems strange. I know there is Tourism to be considered but I have a major problem when vaccinated people here cant go there

That mentality seems very much like cutting off our noses to spite our face.

Sure, an ideal situation would be it working both ways for the vaccinated but shutting out that business of their vaccinated population for that reason is not only petty but also stupid. Irish businesses and families rely far more on the US than the other way around.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭global23214124

Looking to travel to Spain next week. Do I need to come up with some excuse to travel out of Dublin or would I be better off going via Belfast?

Looking to travel to Spain next week. Do I need to come up with some excuse to travel out of Dublin or would I be better off going via Belfast?

Suffering from vitamin D deficiency

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭global23214124

Suffering from vitamin D deficiency

VDD is a modern day scourge, not as bad as VD though :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,987 ✭✭✭normanoffside

What a waste of time MHQ has been. 12 whole actual variants of concern identified
    https://twitter.com/gavreilly/status/1397908717178286088?s=21

What a waste of time MHQ has been. 12 whole actual variants of concern identified

Sometimes it's not the results it's what it has prevented.

If travelers didn't have to go into hotel isolation how many more would of traveled from these countries and how many of them would of lead to higher numbers.

They are damned if they do and damned if they don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,913 ✭✭✭✭josip

www.rip.es

Sorry for your loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭eltonyio

josip wrote: »
    www.rip.es

Sorry for your loss.

Or visit the grave of Columbus.

VDD is a modern day scourge, not as bad as VD though :pac:

Indeed its a curse

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭VG31

https://twitter.com/gavreilly/status/1397908717178286088?s=21

So the main "variant of concern" detected is B117 aka the UK variant... That's been the dominant variant here for months. It's hardly of concern.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,987 ✭✭✭normanoffside

VG31 wrote: »
    So the main "variant of concern" detected is B117 aka the UK variant... That's been the dominant variant here for months. It's hardly of concern.

But it sounds more impressive if they count it as a VOC.

Bloomberg today:
    Melbourne orders residents to stay home for the fourth time since the pandemic began, after already enduring one of the world’s longest and most stringent lockdowns https://t.co/DgTUjgz4NQ

Sky News:
    Shadow health minister concedes Australia’s success contributes to vaccine hesitancy.

The Guardian:
    Australian budget 2021.
    The 2021 federal budget reveals huge $311bn cost of Covid to Australian economy

Some would argue that we should follow the Australia model. End result: Ongoing outbreaks and lockdowns, vaccine hesitancy, massive economic costs. Plus they are now in a bit of a zero-COVID cul de sac and will find it hard to open up for travel and trade. Increasingly doesn't look sustainable.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭patscott27

eltonyio wrote: »
    Or visit the grave of Columbus.
    Our last great Gaelic leader Red Hugh O'Donnell is buried in Valladolid and they've found his last resting place recently. You are going to pay hommage to a great Irish patriot. Ar dheis de go raibh a anam.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Feria40

So... Giving domestic tourism "a few weeks" is more important than allowing people with parents abroad to reunite.. lovely

• Registered Users Posts: 19,431 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

jellies wrote: »
    Lots of odd ball posts on here but this one takes the biscuit.

Did you not read the post in question? Would you like me to link you directly to it and try to explain it to you sentence by sentence?

Did you not read the post in question? Would you like me to link you directly to it and try to explain it to you sentence by sentence?

No thanks. I can read.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭embraer170

That’s devastating for the Irish residents with families abroad, the Irish living abroad with families at home, and all the other similar situations.

How can anyone consider this remotely acceptable. No science at all behind it.

I said it months ago that we will see a situation with foreign tourists coming in before Irish residents are allowed to leave. It’s basically already the case, with those owning holiday homes in Ireland coming as they want.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭RedPaddyX

This is insane!!! Since when do OUR government play and toy with OUR BASIC RIGHTS (freedom of movement) to suit their whims. This started 18months ago as a “public health emergency” now it’s turned into dictatorship. Enough!

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭RedPaddyX

Feria40 wrote: »
    So... Giving domestic tourism "a few weeks" is more important than allowing people with parents abroad to reunite.. lovely

Plus it’s idiotic and nonsensical - 60m British and 330m American (all mostly vaccinated) are currently booking their summer holidays elsewhere while we dither.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Calm and wait until tomorrow's actual announcement

https://twitter.com/christinafinn8/status/1398003642825904135?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 2,266 ✭✭✭CruelSummer

Feria40 wrote: »

It’s absolutely pathetic. If the Government come out with this absolute nonsense tomorrow, I’m finding a way out of here no matter what. Trapping people in an EU country to ‘force’ them into holidays here. It’s seriously time to consider where Ireland is heading as a nation.
    What a terrible advertisement to the international community also. We can’t get tourists thanks to our insular approach & demonisation of travel- so we’ll force any residents of Ireland to stay put for the summer while children are on holidays. Oh and it’s fine to rip them off too as they’ve losses to make up thanks to our never ending lockdown.
    Just get middle class paddy to foot the bill for their lost holidays they rebooked aboard from last year & forced rip off staycation this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭naufragos123

Hang on, why are you all freaking out? Was anything said about the fine? Because medium term it all hinges on that. If the fine goes we can travel, PCR and some return quarantine, but at least we can go.

If/when I hear that fine is continuing I'll freak out too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,428 ✭✭✭ZX7R

Rte reckon 2and week in July is what's been floated in government buildings

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement