Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are we there yet? Your second Travel Megathread (threadbans in OP}

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Tazz T

Which is the equivalent of 270 cases here. So no real biggie.

This. One look at their infection graph and you can see this is an opening up blip. We'd expect to see the same here in a few weeks, before numbers fall again as we hit our vax numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

So by that logic, the countries that are behind the UK are far more at risk of a large wave of infection from the Indian variant. Just my idea but possibly opening up this international travel may not be the best idea at this time. Hopefully i am wrong.

Greece has been open for international travel for weeks now - Americans flooding in. Infection numbers are falling off a cliff (half what they were since opening to travel and still falling). International travel has little effect once people are vaxxed and tested.

So antigen tests are no good. Still at least no PCR required for vaxxed travellers. Some commonsense there.

Pricey for families with children though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,975 ✭✭✭✭titan18

That's better than I hoped for. Was sure they'd go vaccine and a test

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭ArtSmart

They Both can't be right. Second guy puts Antigen as equal to PCR

• Registered Users Posts: 11,975 ✭✭✭✭titan18

ArtSmart wrote: »

I read it as arrive with an antigen test and they'll make you take a PCR at the airport

• Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

In the second chart, if you arrive with an antigen test you have to do a PCR test on arrival. But still don't have to quarantine.

If you arrive with a PCR test you are free to go about your business.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

No that's what's been given to journalists.

Arrive with an antigen test you'll have to take a PCR test on arrival

Fully vaccinated off you go on your way

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Ray Donovan

Again, how does one use the DGC to prove they have recovered from a previous infection?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,110 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

What’s the emergency brake in the chart?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,428 ✭✭✭ZX7R

Again, how does one use the DGC to prove they have recovered from a previous infection?

Blood test that confirms the presence and levels of SARS- covid active antibodies .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

So Will emergency brake apply for UK from July 19th??

• Registered Users Posts: 9,984 ✭✭✭dodzy

Folks, I seen somewhere on here a link to a site where you can check what happens when you get off a plane in another EU destination......basically I need to know how one could check entry to say, Majorca for non residents, on July 19th! I’m sure o Leary will drop you off whether you can leave the airport or not so I’d like to be sure.

(Not losing sight of the fact that’s I know I’m being very optimistic and this situation could sh!t itself at a moments notice both at point of departure and at destination)

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭fabo1thecross

Re open eu app.

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭CJmasgrande

Anyone please clarify if we go to Spain I'm fully vaccinated do I need to self isolate on return from August?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,690 ✭✭✭SteM

Sorry if this has been covered already but I honestly haven't looked at any foreign travel stuff at all in the last year. My wife really wants to travel to her uncle's funeral in the UK on 24th June. If she flies return Dublin to London would she have to quarantine in a hotel when she gets back into Dublin? What about tests at either end?

If she has the MHQ could she from go Dublin to London and then back London to Belfast and we'll pick her up there?

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭PmMeUrDogs

SteM wrote: »
    Sorry if this has been covered already but I honestly haven't looked at any foreign travel stuff at all in the last year. My wife really wants to travel to her uncle's funeral in the UK on 24th June. If she flies return Dublin to London would she have to quarantine in a hotel when she gets back into Dublin? What about tests at either end?

If she has the MHQ could she from go Dublin to London and then back London to Belfast and we'll pick her up there?

She doesn't need to do hotel quarantine. She'll need to do at home quarantine and a negative test before arrival.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,067 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

So by that logic, the countries that are behind the UK are far more at risk of a large wave of infection from the Indian variant. Just my idea but possibly opening up this international travel may not be the best idea at this time. Hopefully i am wrong.

We're not opening up at this time, we're opening up in July. It's still May.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,690 ✭✭✭SteM

PmMeUrDogs wrote: »
    She doesn't need to do hotel quarantine. She'll need to do at home quarantine and a negative test before arrival.

Thanks, so my understanding is that she won't need a PCR test going over but will need one prior to flying back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭PmMeUrDogs

SteM wrote: »
    Thanks, so my understanding is that she won't need a PCR test going over but will need one prior to flying back.

Yes, exactly. Nothing required going over. Coming back, she'll need a negative PCR 72 hours before arrival into Ireland, and quarantine at home for 14 days, or another negative PCR after 5 days and end quarantine

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Ray Donovan

https://twitter.com/elaine_loughlin/status/1398334781058859013?s=21

Travel ban looks to be extended going on this evidence.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭basill

PmMeUrDogs wrote: »
    Yes, exactly. Nothing required going over. Coming back, she'll need a negative PCR 72 hours before arrival into Ireland, and quarantine at home for 14 days, or another negative PCR after 5 days and end quarantine

So Meehoel in his press conference states that Ireland is adopting the EU Digital Green Cert in full. Only thing is Meehoel...antigen allowed in EU and member states will be adopting from 1/7 not 19/7. So his idea of adopting in full is clearly different to everyone elses.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Rosereynolds

2.6m doses of the vaccine, adding about .3m a week. Very high vaccine rates of the 70+ age group and those deemed vulnerable. Flood gates aren’t opening tomorrow. It’s safe to reopen.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Rosereynolds

https://twitter.com/elaine_loughlin/status/1398334781058859013?s=21

Travel ban looks to be extended going on this evidence.

Ah shyte. Belfast here I come.

Kids will need PCR for all travel.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭Sammy2012

Van.Bosch wrote: »

Is it all kids or only from the certain age? I didnt hear an age being mentioned but had read under 6 are exempt!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭basill

ROI to Canaries/Alicante/Faro/Malaga with your antigen etc then return to Belfast. Show the government up how farcical this is. Will save a small fortune for a family avoiding the PCR test costs catching the bus or train back down. Hell I wouldn't be surprised if Ryanair start advertising a package with the Aircoach.

Sammy2012 wrote: »
    Is it all kids or only from the certain age? I didnt hear an age being mentioned but had read under 6 are exempt!

Yeah, think I saw 6 and under exempt. So 7-18

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭Skyfloater

Van.Bosch wrote: »

Where did you see this? Is there an endpoint to that requirement?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement