Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are we there yet? Your second Travel Megathread (threadbans in OP}

Options

Comments

Sammy2012 wrote: »
    Is it all kids or only from the certain age? I didnt hear an age being mentioned but had read under 6 are exempt!

I would imagine it depends on the destination?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,500 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

That chart is handy (although looks so poor for an official doc).

Second doses here in BC were brought forward by 8 weeks, so the wait is half now.

The minute I can book, without having to quarantine etc, I am heading home.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭Sammy2012

bubblypop wrote: »
    I would imagine it depends on the destination?

No I think all children will need a pcr test to return to Ireland.

Also if you only have an antigen test when will you have to get your PCR done here? Do you do one at the airport or after being home a few days?

Children under 7 are exempt. Eamonn Ryan just said it.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,117 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Sammy2012 wrote: »
    No I think all children will need a pcr test to return to Ireland.
    days?

But sure they don’t need that now makes no sense to bring it in for under 6’s traveling within Europe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

Skyfloater wrote: »
    Where did you see this? Is there an endpoint to that requirement?

It’s on gov.ie

Children aged between 7 and 18 who have not been vaccinated must also have a negative PCR test.

pc7 wrote: »
    But sure they don’t need that now makes no sense to bring it in for under 6’s traveling within Europe

Sorry I should have said children under 7 not all children

So the EU and non EU are fairly similar unless the country is on the “emergency break” list, which will be set at EU level.

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭Ms.Sunshine

So uk travel is now linked with all international travel in July ... no word at all about free travel between the two and it sounds like self quarantine is still in play ?

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭Ms.Sunshine

embraer170 wrote: »
    There are no fines for arriving in Ireland, so unless they deny them entry (which I doubt immigration have grounds to do) I cannot see them having such an issue.

It is a different fine for breaking home quarantine. Is there anything published on the number of such fines issues?

What do you think will happen after tonight’s announcement? Will it still be easy to get in and leave after two days I wonder

• Advertisement

So uk travel is now linked with all international travel in July ... no word at all about free travel between the two and it sounds like self quarantine is still in play ?

All depends on if it has the “emergency break” applied.

Scenario One – journey originates in a country to which the EU has not applied an ‘Emergency Brake’
    If passenger has valid proof of vaccination, no travel-related testing or quarantine will be necessary.

If passenger does not have valid proof of vaccination, they will need to:

present evidence of a negative PCR test result within 72 hours prior to arrival into the country
    self-quarantine
    undergo post-arrival testing - this will be provided through the HSE
    Scenario 2 – journey originates in a country to which the EU has applied an ‘Emergency Brake’
    If passenger has valid proof of vaccination, they will need to:

produce a negative result from a PCR test taken no more than 72 hours before arrival
    undergo self-quarantine

produce evidence of a negative result from a PCR test undertaken no more than 72 hours before arrival
    undergo mandatory hotel quarantine
    undergo post-arrival testing
    Travel to UK and USA
    The approach to travel outside the EU/EEA will also apply to travel to and from Great Britain and the US.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭RunningFlyer

What happens if a child gets a positive PCR test before travelling back to Ireland even with the parents vaccinated? Everyone stays abroad? For some reason I thought children would be exempt from all these measures.

No allowance for antigen testing for those unvaccinated.

Shambles.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭IQO

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭kilns

IQO wrote: »

Still useless if you have to quarantine despite fully vaccinated. Starving some businesses of much needed tourists

What happens if a child gets a positive PCR test before travelling back to Ireland even with the parents vaccinated? Everyone stays abroad? For some reason I thought children would be exempt from all these measures.

No allowance for antigen testing for those unvaccinated.

Shambles.

One parent stays with infected kid until the 2 weeks is up and then travels home with them as having “recovered” on the DCC.

I had thought kids at least u12 would be exempt like you.

kilns wrote: »
    Still useless if you have to quarantine despite fully vaccinated. Starving some businesses of much needed tourists

You don’t.

Scenario One – journey originates in a country to which the EU has not applied an ‘Emergency Brake’
    If passenger has valid proof of vaccination, no travel-related testing or quarantine will be necessary.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭Darwin

Have they given any indication how the digital cert for vaccinated people will be issued? Can you apply for it online if you are abroad? And if not, will the HSE card suffice on arrival back in Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭KanyeSouthEast

I’m a long long time reader of this thread and I understand there’s loads of questions tonight. Could I please ask someone to clarify for me if I and my wife fully vaccinated go to Spain after July 19 for a few days do we still need to quarantine on our return to Ireland?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,428 ✭✭✭ZX7R

Darwin wrote: »
    Have they given any indication how the digital cert for vaccinated people will be issued? Can you apply for it online if you are abroad? And if not, will the HSE card suffice on arrival back in Dublin?

If you're living in a different eu country and were vaccinated in that eu country, you would register in that country.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,975 ✭✭✭✭titan18

The kids needing a PCR test likely kills travel for most families this summer imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,987 ✭✭✭normanoffside

Van.Bosch wrote: »
    Al

present evidence of a negative PCR test result within 72 hours prior to arrival into the country
    self-quarantine

After how many days of self quarantine will the HSE provide the post-arrival testing?

titan18 wrote: »
    The kids needing a PCR test likely kills travel for most families this summer imo.

Yeah - it’s harsh alright, if kids were safe for school I don’t see why they can’t be safe on holidays.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Rosereynolds

Darwin wrote: »

Well it’s completely digital, so no reason to have to do anything in person, so I imagine you can do it abroad. My partner plans to. If I get my second jab before travelling I’ll apply when abroad so I can use it on my return

• Registered Users Posts: 12,110 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Van.Bosch wrote: »
    You don’t.

What is the emergency brake?

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Feria40

I’m a long long time reader of this thread and I understand there’s loads of questions tonight. Could I please ask someone to clarify for me if I and my wife fully vaccinated go to Spain after July 19 for a few days do we still need to quarantine on our return to Ireland?
    Thanks

No.

If you are fully vacinated you do not need to quarantine in any shape or form. Nor will you need any type of test

• Registered Users Posts: 11,500 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Gael23 wrote: »
    What is the emergency brake?

Same question.

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Feria40

Same question.

The emergency break is to cover eventualities whereby any given country has a huge Covid outbreak or serious spread of a variant of concern.

Crucially it will be based on ECDC data and can the break can only be 'pulled' by the EU

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

Am I right in saying that 1 dose of vaccine is sufficient for the EU Digital Covid cert?

Does the same apply for UK travel to Ireland? i.e. 1 dose is sufficient to be called "vaccinated" in terms of the rules?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭VG31

JTMan wrote: »
    Am I right in saying that 1 dose of vaccine is sufficient for the EU Digital Covid cert?

Does the same apply for UK travel to Ireland? i.e. 1 dose is sufficient to be called "vaccinated" in terms of the rules?

It was suggested that may be the case recently but I've yet to see any confirmation of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 mickster29

Can anyone tell me what my options are here. Myself and wife are fully vaccinated and booked flights to Greece from Dublin on 9/7/2021 and returning 23/7/2021. Will I have to pay €2000 each due to it being non_essential travel. By the way this was originally booked for last summers travel.
    Ta

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement