Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are we there yet? Your second Travel Megathread (threadbans in OP}

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Mark1916

ahbell wrote: »
    Does anyone know, or even has a guess, how the EU Travel Green Cert will work for an Irish citizen who has been vaccinated in the UK with an EU approved vaccine?

I asked this question of Thomas Byrne TD if Irish citizens who got a vaccine in the North would be entitled to use the Vaccine Passport, he said “it is currently being considered but no decision has been made yet”

• Registered Users Posts: 5 northy_north

I'm booked to fly home to Ireland for a week in early August from the UK. I'm getting second jabbed soon. Any idea of what measures/restrictions will be in place, or when such measures are next up for renewal?

Most lads I know going home at the mo do so through the North but I'd rather be up-front about it, if possible. Haven't been home or seen my parents in nearly two years! Cheers guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

josip wrote: »
    Where did you get that map namloc?

Hungary - long term xenophobic, no surprise
    Ireland - recently xenophobic, hopefully just a blip
    Slovenia, Slovakia and Finland - What's going on and do you really want to be associated with Hungary and Ireland?

https://ec.europa.eu/info/live-work-travel-eu/coronavirus-response/safe-covid-19-vaccines-europeans/eu-digital-covid-certificate_en

Scroll down towards the bottom.

Tenzor07 wrote: »
    From the article in this morning Indo it seems that the PCR requirement is to remain in Ireland, so if you have 3 kids and returning here from holidays then you need 3 x Negative PCR's..

Though I wonder what happens if the 3 kids are all positive and the 2 vaccinated parents with them are all marched off by the Irish army to a hotel for 2 weeks?

I assume you would have done the tests before coming into Ireland, so then you would be staying wherever you are holidaying until kids are better?

josip wrote: »
    Where did you get that map namloc?

Hungary - long term xenophobic, no surprise
    Ireland - recently xenophobic, hopefully just a blip
    Slovenia, Slovakia and Finland - What's going on and do you really want to be associated with Hungary and Ireland?

I know Finland do not allow non essential travel into the country, so probably just take more time to stop that first

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭M_Murphy57

I'm booked to fly home to Ireland for a week in early August from the UK. I'm getting second jabbed soon. Any idea of what measures/restrictions will be in place, or when such measures are next up for renewal?

Most lads I know going home at the mo do so through the North but I'd rather be up-front about it, if possible. Haven't been home or seen my parents in nearly two years! Cheers guys.

By then you should be able to get I'm with the uk version of green cert. Cta might even be open by then.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭rm212

There seems to be contradictory information all over the place so it’s hard to get a solid answer.

We’ve got a holiday to the Canary Islands for >2 weeks booked departing Aug 26th. I’m due to get my second dose this month so I’ll be grand, it’s my partner (aged 25) who we are worried about. Ideally, they would have been vaccinated by the end of June, second dose before the end of July and then you’re sorted, but it looks like that target may be delayed, we shall see.

If the vaccine programme target is missed, does it seem that Spain will be accepting antigen tests on arrival? I’m hoping that the second dose will come before we leave and then it will have been 14 days by the time we’re returning to Ireland, so it’s just the outbound leg to Spain I’m concerned about.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

bubblypop wrote: »
    I assume you would have done the tests before coming into Ireland, so then you would be staying wherever you are holidaying until kids are better?

Dunno, i'd imagine that if you get the email with the test results as you due to board that you'd want to bring your Children to their own Doctor and local hospital rather than go looking for a Greek clinic or something..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,129 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Dunno, i'd imagine that if you get the email with the test results as you due to board that you'd want to bring your Children to their own Doctor and local hospital rather than go looking for a Greek clinic or something..

Why would you go to a Doctor or Hospital? You have a positive test result you don't go anywhere whether its Ireland or Greece!

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭ellee

This is why you need those EHIC cards....

• Advertisement

Why would you go to a Doctor or Hospital? You have a positive test result you don't go anywhere whether its Ireland or Greece!

Ask yourself that question if it ever happens to you and your kids..

• Registered Users Posts: 5 northy_north

ellee wrote: »
    This is why you need those EHIC cards....

I think it's always worth getting travel insurance.

EHIC only entitles you to
    "With your EHIC you can get healthcare - and claim reimbursement for the costs you incur - on the same terms as nationals of the country you are in. If the treatment you need is free for local residents, you won't have to pay."

But you won't be bringing your positive children on a flight surely!

bubblypop wrote: »
    But you won't be bringing your positive children on a flight surely!

You've answered your own question then, every family should have another couple of thousand €uro to quarantine their kids in whichever country they are holidaying in.

You've answered your own question then.

??

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭Ms.Sunshine

So does the fact somebody might have a different counties passport than the country they live in make a difference with immigration here ?
    Say , somebody with a Romanian passport flying from the uk with a uk negative pcr test ... what happens there ?

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭General Toilet

Nothing. They are allowed enter.

Nothing. They are allowed enter.

Ok. So neg pcr test and self isolation not hotel quarantine?

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭General Toilet

Correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭votecounts

Are you actually proposing bringing a sick child on a flight to infect others who may have not vaccinated. This is a few times this week, I've seen people admit thy would do this. Seriously if you can't afford that this may happen when abroad, don't take the risk ffs

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,488 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Threads merged

Correct.

Something else confused me, this probably sounds silly but Does somebody flying here need to book their flights with the 14 day or 5 day isolation period in mind or is it a given they’ll be doing it .
    Say they wanted to visit here for a week but with the isolation it extends the trip automatically so you book the flight from day one of the trip and return flight is booked for 12 days later if they are doing a 5 day self isolation!?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,350 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

Ok. So neg pcr test and self isolation not hotel quarantine?

Provided they haven’t been elsewhere in the preceding 14 days in which case they have to satisfy the more onerous obligation.

Something else confused me, this probably sounds silly but Does somebody flying here need to book their flights with the 14 day or 5 day isolation period in mind or is it a given they’ll be doing it .
    Say they wanted to visit here for a week but with the isolation it extends the trip automatically so you book the flight from day one of the trip and return flight is booked for 12 days later if they are doing a 5 day self isolation!?

I dont understand the question. There is no "automatic extension" functionality on any website. Just book them like you normally do for as long as you want.

Dublin airport dont care once you have a test on arrival or a green cert or are not from an MHQ destination.

If you get a positive PCR result at the airport in Greece you wont be let on the plane. I dont understand why people are talking about this hypothetical child testing positive. Theres no way to bring them into ireland with a positive test.

All my family have been positive. None needed to go anywhere except sit tight.

What's your point?

votecounts wrote: »
    Are you actually proposing bringing a sick child on a flight to infect others who may have not vaccinated. This is a few times this week, I've seen people admit thy would do this. Seriously if you can't afford that this may happen when abroad, don't take the risk ffs

You are talking about a user who also suggests people don't wear masks unless you see the police

M_Murphy57 wrote: »
    I dont understand the question. There is no "automatic extension" functionality on any website. Just book them like you normally do for as long as you want.

Dublin airport dont care once you have a test on arrival or a green cert or are not from an MHQ destination.

Sorry my question is this
    I have family booked to come here in two weeks from UK - they don’t have enough days booked to do self isolation because they the flights booked are from last year . So they arrive Friday and due to fly home on Sunday .
    Will immigration look at the return flight and refuse them entry because technically they aren’t here long enough to isolate ?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,641 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Sorry my question is this
    I have family booked to come here in two weeks from UK - they don’t have enough days booked to do self isolation because they the flights booked are from last year . So they arrive Friday and due to fly home on Sunday .
    Will immigration look at the return flight and refuse them entry because technically they aren’t here long enough to isolate ?

No, they won't be refused entry but given the prevalence of the Indian strain in the UK, ignoring the requirement to isolate is not welcome. Its also illegal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭JojoLoca

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement