Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are we there yet? Your second Travel Megathread (threadbans in OP}

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭monkeybutter

Anyone travel for dental treatment to Tenerife since xmass, raise your hands

Unsure what the point is. Ireland is expensive for dental treatment and I assume the dentist had no idea where the people live other than the address provided.

I get all my medical treatment under the Spanish system when possible

We are getting a lot of booking from Irish people

End quote

From the dentist themselves

I wonder how the figured out they were Irish with the big thick heads on us and the accents and the phone numbers and the names etc etc

This is Tenerife, they rely on tourism you think they don't know what's going on or why no one's visiting the place versus normal

They probably knew what was going on before the sleuths on boards did

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

End quote

This is Tenerife, they rely on tourism you think they don't know what's going on or why no one's visiting the place versus normal

Will you talk to Joe about it on Monday? It comes as no surprise to anyone here that people may have found away around the 2k fine.
    I think you've flogged that poor horse to pieces by now.

Will you talk to Joe about it on Monday? It comes as no surprise to anyone here that people may have found away around the 2k fine.

With your 4690 posts on covid alone the horse was dead a long time ago

Hit a nerve eh? Covid is a wide ranging topic. You have been flogging the one poor jaded horse for an eternity now.

• Advertisement

Hit a nerve eh? Covid is a wide ranging topic. You have been flogging the one poor jaded horse for an eternity now.

What nerve could you have possibly hit

You'd have to be both unemployable and undateble to be racking up those numbers though

Is it a record

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭TalleyRand83

How soon does anyone reckon passport office open?
    Supposed to be when we are out of level 5 but read here it could be closed until travel restrictions lifted?

I thought it was the funniest thing I've seen in ages on primetime when the lad rocked up with the dentist's appointment

Bravo to him for getting away with it

You'd have to be both unemployable and undateble to be racking up those numbers though

Is it a record

Ah dude, when you have to attack the poster instead of the post it's clear a nerve has been hit. It's a discussion forum does you no favours throwing a hissy fit and getting personal.
    Amusing though.

Ah dude, when you have to attack the poster instead of the post it's clear a nerve has been hit. It's a discussion forum does you no favours throwing a hissy fit and getting personal.
    Amusing though.

Lad would you talk to Joe about it?

What's attacking the post about that

There no hissy fit, it's dead easy to click on s user to see how many posts they have made

It's feckin comical when you see how many the likes of you are throwing out

Anyone posting on here this late is at the very least a massive loser

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,138 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Is it a record

There no hissy fit, it's dead easy to click on s user to see how many posts they have made

Anyone posting on here this late is at the very least a massive loser
    Threadbanned

The above other than getting personal bears what relevance to the suggestion you are flogging a dead horse regards people using dental appointments to beat a 2k fine?

[quote="monkeybutter;116263619"

Anyone posting on here this late is at the very least a massive loser[/quote]

I hope the irony of the sbove is not lost on you .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭RobitTV

I hope the irony of the sbove is not lost on you .

What a charming individual. His presence will be greatly missed :)

RobitTV wrote: »
    What a charming individual. His presence will be greatly missed :)

Prehaps, but if I had seen Beasty's thread ban I would not have responded.

How soon does anyone reckon passport office open?
    Supposed to be when we are out of level 5 but read here it could be closed until travel restrictions lifted?

Whoever said that is talking nonsense. The passport renewal issue is because of the restrictions on being in the office. A passport cannot be withheld in an attempt to stop travel. Would be completely unconstitutional

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 149 ✭✭BiggJim

The government have another thing coming if they think I won't be going to Portugal in May over cuckrona

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭tiger_cub

Whoever said that is talking nonsense. The passport renewal issue is because of the restrictions on being in the office. A passport cannot be withheld in an attempt to stop travel. Would be completely unconstitutional

They are still accepting and authenticating documents by post from the very same office where they do the passports. They had been doing passports up until now all through the other lockdowns. The optics aren’t great tbh but they possibly took the travel restrictions as a chance to reduce staff coming in for processing passports.

End quote

I wonder how the figured out they were Irish with the big thick heads on us and the accents and the phone numbers and the names etc etc

They probably knew what was going on before the sleuths on boards did

I had a reply typed but then I realised we appear to be in a bit of a pointless, dare I say stupid argument here.

So instead let's just move on eh?

Edit: for once I let something go and he's fecking well banned

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭323

In answer to the thread title.......5 more days. Cant come fast enough

Cool, someone answering the original thread title again. Anywhere nice?

Left just before the tread started, South America. To be a bit warmer tomorrow, 30° with 25% probability of rain in the morning.

“Follow the trend lines, not the headlines,”

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭Del Griffith

https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/arid-40226057.html

Not Waterford Whispers, although a headline so far fetched only a few months ago you'd have thought so.

The "new normal", congrats to those cheering on this bull****

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Wallander

Sad case of a terminally ill Australian man stuck in Ireland for over a year due to travel restrictions in the international press today:

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2021/feb/13/victorias-coronavirus-lockdown-sabotages-terminally-ill-australian-mans-flight-home?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭yoshimitsu

Seems highly unlikely. Would be a massive GDPR violation to voluntarily provide customer data without a specific legal request has been made. Can’t see local police/judges having grounds to collect that information and transmit it to Irish authorities. Looks like fearmongering from the IT (surprise surprise)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭RobitTV

Roberta Beccaris, office manager at Clinica Dental Tenerife Sur: 'We think these people are just coming for a holiday and we have a file ready for when the police come to us for the information.'

Huge GDPR violation.

First of all I would not ever agree with what these tourists did. This isn't the right thing to do to a local business in these tough times.

But I would be furious if they decided to pass 'customer' details to the Gardai back in Ireland. This is a private company, and I'm certain this can be legally challenged. They have no right as a private company to pass private customer information to the authorities unless the authorities have the legal authority to request it.

We know these people aren't real 'customers' but this is quite amazing how they have a 'file' ready like some sort of dossier.

RobitTV wrote: »
    Roberta Beccaris, office manager at Clinica Dental Tenerife Sur: 'We think these people are just coming for a holiday and we have a file ready for when the police come to us for the information.'

Huge GDPR violation.

First of all I would not ever agree with what these tourists did. This isn't the right thing to do to a local business in these tough times.

But I would be furious if they decided to pass 'customer' details to the Gardai back in Ireland. This is a private company, and I'm certain this can be legally challenged. They have no right as a private company to pass private customer information to the authorities unless the authorities have the legal authority to request it.

We know these people aren't real 'customers' but this is quite amazing how they have a 'file' ready like some sort of dossier.

Just posted something very similar. Massive GDPR violation for dentist to volunteer that data. If there’s a court order then it’s fine but can’t see a Spanish court having grounds to request that data. Is booking a fake dentist appointment a crime? These people may be flouting Irish rules but nothing in the Spanish penal code

https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/arid-40226057.html
    “ When asked if gardaí will take the file containing the Irish people's names at the clinic, a spokesperson for An Garda Síochána declined to comment.”

They can’t, plain and simple

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,601 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

And the smokescreen of travel continues.

Remember Stephen Donnelly's tweet last weekend saying the historic news that 21,000 doses of the Astrazenica vaccine had arrived ready for adminstrating to people 2 days later (last Monday)?

Was it administered on Monday? No
    Tuesday? No

As of yesterday there was no record of any of them being administered.

No one is telling us why.

But lets talk about the handful of people travelling to Tenerife and have Drew Harris on the Late Late Show talking about people being bold.

The people going on their jollies to Tenerife and lying about it are dickheads, but they are low risk in the greater scheme of things.

323 wrote: »
    Cool, someone answering the original thread title again. Anywhere nice?

Left just before the tread started, South America. To be a bit warmer tomorrow, 30° with 25% probability of rain in the morning.

Valencia. It’s a regular destination for me, I speak Spanish and have friends there. It’s my favourite European city. I’ll be there until the vaccine is available in the UK for my age group and then I’ll head to London to get it, and probably stay in the UK until this is over (unless something dramatically changes in Ireland)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,601 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Flyer1 wrote: »

Even that article annoys me. Not because I disagree with him but because the same newspaper is engaged in demonising travel.

Its not the holidaymakers I give a crap about, its the people who do and are travelling for non holiday reasons.

btw holidays will come back but they will be costly. TUI who is taking bookings for UK travellers wishing to go to holiday destinations this summer has said the cost of holidays has gone up 19% since 2019. They have taken 1.8m bookings from UK residents for this summer already

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement